Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • I'm still to beat a third level boss. Can get close. But not quite there.

Custom games are cool, but almost too daunting with options.

Some Guy managed to discover that Max block you can have is 999. Lol.

I managed to have normal strikes doing 40+ damage using strength modifiers. (can't remember the name of the card, but it double whatever your strength is, and if you upgrade it, it doesn't exhaust, so expontential damage hello.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Only got to about half way up the third spire so far. But going to have a good run at it tomorrow.
  • Best advice I can give for new players is to ignore elites on Floor 2, they're pretty much guaranteed to bust your ass unless you're amazing.
  • Yep. Just happened to me then. I dared to dream too many times.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I just had a mega run with The Defect on standard run. Top 250 leader-board for time run of around an hour and a half. Still to finish standard with The Silent.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I am big on relics
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Right boys... I'm going in.
  • I'll hit this one day for sure but I'm not sure whether to go PC or wait for Switch
  • Card games are sooo good.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Do both, it's worth it. By the time it comes out on Switch you'll be a dab hand
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Got a bit cocky with Defect on the daily run after beating the first boss easily. That Strength modifier on all enemies screwed me up. Hate those flying bastards.
  • I'll hit this one day for sure but I'm not sure whether to go PC or wait for Switch

Buy it now. You'll play 3 or 4 runs and think "This is pretty good", then you'll play a couple more and feel the depth, and then you'll have a quick go before bed and next thing it's time to get up.
  • Also, the Steam achievements are great for card games. They should incorporate them more into the main game as a medal section or something.
  • Artifact is absorbing me too much to dip in at the moment, but my love of card games has been massively rekindled.

Might pick it up in PC if it goes cheap, I suppose.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I feel it's already worth more than the £11.99 I paid for it.

Just got to my first level 3 boss. Almost had him and I got screwed by a lack of defence. I gambled on going all out with capacitors (is there a max to the number of orbs you can create?), lightning and increased focus. The depth in the options you can play are brilliant.
  • Artifact is absorbing me too much to dip in at the moment, but my love of card games has been massively rekindled. Might pick it up in PC if it goes cheap, I suppose.

I didn't know about card games even though I bought Magic ages ago in a sale. Never played it, but Artifact got me thinking and then pusher Tempy barged in with this and now I've got a serious addiction problem. 

The boy can probably feed himself or I'll throw him sweets from my PC chair every hour when the clock chimes.
  • OMG card games are going to unbelievable in VR. Perfect for sitting at an actual table, lay cards down and see the shiny things dancing about you.
  • I am not clever enough for card games usually, but they're having something of a digital renaissance these days. The digital version of Race for the Galaxy is apparently really good too. I quite like how card games abstract concepts and mechanics into card form, but still feel right. It's a smart thing to be able to do.
    b0r1s wrote:
    I feel it's already worth more than the £11.99 I paid for it. Just got to my first level 3 boss. Almost had him and I got screwed by a lack of defence. I gambled on going all out with capacitors (is there a max to the number of orbs you can create?), lightning and increased focus. The depth in the options you can play are brilliant.

10 Orbs! I fyou ever read the Roguelike article me and Jon did, there was a bit about StS, I think Jon made me cut it down from like 1000 words :D
  • Digital renaissance VR edition. Did I mention how good this shit would be in online VR?
  • OMG VR card shit.
  • I appear to be getting quite excited.
  • You just know Valve are developing this as we speak.
  • Fuck it, I'm going Mac on this shit.  Will have to leave it on standby next to bed.  And see if I can fit it in my bag for the commute... (not really)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Do it. It's easily in my top 3 this year. Amazingly there didn't seem to be anything game breaking in the vast combinations of cards.
  • What I like about digital versions of card games is that they enforce the damn rules and therefore remove the need to keep a billion nuances and interplays in your working memory and allowing you to learn the rules faster
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Fuck it, I'm going Mac on this shit.  Will have to leave it on standby next to bed.  And see if I can fit it in my bag for the commute... (not really)

Hang on. Is this Mac compatible?? Or you bootcamping?
  • Steam store says Mac too.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I am not clever enough for card games usually, but they're having something of a digital renaissance these days. The digital version of Race for the Galaxy is apparently really good too. I quite like how card games abstract concepts and mechanics into card form, but still feel right. It's a smart thing to be able to do.
    b0r1s wrote:
    I feel it's already worth more than the £11.99 I paid for it. Just got to my first level 3 boss. Almost had him and I got screwed by a lack of defence. I gambled on going all out with capacitors (is there a max to the number of orbs you can create?), lightning and increased focus. The depth in the options you can play are brilliant.
    10 Orbs! I fyou ever read the Roguelike article me and Jon did, there was a bit about StS, I think Jon made me cut it down from like 1000 words :D

I got to 9 so far - 2 capacitor+ 

You got a link to the article?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Steam store says Mac too.

You've just made my day, month and, most importantly, Christmas. Was seriously contemplating lugging the PC to the missus, now I don't have to :-D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!