The Return of the Great Spire Climb - Slay the Spire Challenge [The Silent 170619]
‹ Previous12345678
  • Hullo card slingers and Spire ascenders. I said i'd put this together so I thought i'd do it now.

We'll do a climb every week, rotating characters each week. If only there were a fourth, eh?

The way to do it is simple. You go to Play. You go to Custome game, and then you pick your character. This week is the Ironclad.
    You want to enter the custom seed for the week. For simplicity's sake, it will always be the date. So this week's seed is 241218, as shown below:

XcPSu22.jpeg

You don't need to tweak anything else. This generates a seed ensuring every gets the exact same layout. That's not an issue, given the multiple routes and shop and event options in Slay the Spire, but it does meant that people might optimise their deck based on similar options they are presented with early on! 

Then, you'll do your run. You only get one go to log a score.

Then you might want to enter your run History into a spoiler so as not to ruin it for everyone, knowing what cards might be available might make people game it. Feel free to carry on doing runs after your first, but only your first run counts!

You find your run History in Statistics, then Run History. It's very simple to find. I recommend Imgur to share photos. Screen capture in Steam is F12. When you close the game you should get a prompt to view the screenshots on disk, but you can also access it via the View menu in Steam. Switch folk seem to know how to do this already, so have at it!

Good luck everyone!
  • My score this week was 684 which is ok. It was actually a really fun deck to play, and I really enjoyed it. One or two fights were touch and go on floor 3, but I prevailed.

Run Summary in spoilers, as not to ruin it for everyone, plus check out my last turn, ha!
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    On it tomorrow. I will not be getting a victory.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    With an expected score of 263 I got killed by The Champ at the top of floor 2.

Looking at your deck compared to mine Tempy it's pretty clear where I need to improve...

Spoiler:

Anyway, I still have stuff to unlock on Ironclad, so I'll go back to the basic game.
  • I'll play this but I haven't put my time into this yet so am only a little bit amazing at it.
  • @Boris I should have recorded my run but I forgot. I think I only paid for two removals, one was an even I think? I took two events early on which gave me about 200ish gold early on.

Being selective is a hard thing to stick to, but it’s worth thinking about what a card. an do for your deck versus whether it’s good on its own. I spent most of Act 3 refusing cards until I saw Headbutt, because it had really obvious utility with my cards. There’s on really obvious card in my deck that stands out as an excess too, but it genuinely saved my ass a few times.

Route management is also very important, the seed has a really strong path on floor 1 & 2.

I can talk you through my card decision a bit more if you want, or tell you what seems out of place in yours.
  • Spoiler:
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • 446 for me. I'm well shit at that final boss.

Also, the relic that replaces strikes and defends is worth it, but always makes me confused.
  • Ooh quick thing I noticed too Boris:
    Spoiler:
  • Nice work Face! I've added a little leaderboard to the first post.
  • I'll be on this tonight.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Nice work Face! I've added a little leaderboard to the first post.

I’ll be proudly propping this up each week. 

@Tempy no I got it as a reward.
  • Must have got it from the same place as me. I think the Relic I picked on Floor One is leagues more powerful than the one you and Face both Chose, but that's just personal preference. I had a strong core by the boss so I knew I wasn't going to need the choice. I clearly missed out on stuff as per Face's deck, but I got a better score so who cares B)

Also don't sweat the leaderboard, it's just a bit of fun, and hopefully a learning experience for everyone!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Nice work Face! I've added a little leaderboard to the first post.

I’ll be proudly propping this up each week. 

@Tempy no I got it as a reward.

Me and you can fight it out. Also this is weekly yeah? Can't play til 27th as not at home.

Edit: yes it is.
  • It is but the seed is never gonna change so you can technically do it late without issue
  • Can't remember what it was but I have an issue picking relics with neg effects. No smithing or no gold or whatever.
  • Yeah, they’re generally trading someone for something else. The broken crown trades you getting one energy per turn extra for not being able to pick more than one card after a battle. Honestly, with the right deck you don’t always need the choice. 4 energy is very powerful.
  • Ah yeah, that's a good one.

Have used it before.

Ended up with 5 at the start after rest sites so it wasn't so bad.

• I shall be attempting this pissed, in five mins. Bottle of wine to hand.
  • Right. Here we go.
  • Jesus. Count remember the year for a minute there.
  • Went all in on the first map. No rest, all upgrades and all lose hp in favour of stuff on ? sites. Risky, but sitting pretty now
  • First rest of the game before map 2 boss.
  • G"wan SG

Going well so far. Getting too cocky b though.
  • Scraped through.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    G"wan SG

Going well so far. Getting too cocky b though.

That’s usually my downfall
  • Ah bugger I've drunkenly stubbled on an elite and my hp isn't too good.
  • Oops, game over. 430. Stupid mistakes.
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Managed 525. Lost to the final boss. Had 32 defence including block and the fucker hit for 32. No apparitions left. Hell of a good seed though.
    Spoiler:
  • I mentioned this to Fenton on twitter and he got like 1400 so fuck us guys
‹ Previous12345678

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!