The Return of the Great Spire Climb - Slay the Spire Challenge [The Silent 170619]
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ahh so probably because I skipped some enemies earlier and took chances with the ? Marks.
  • Probably yep. Interesting to see how your deck ended up.

Bullseye+ seems redundant with Electrodynamics I think, how did your deck end up working?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The capacitor battery midway really helped as capacitor as a card seems far more rare than it used to be (haven’t played Defect in a while).

Electrodynamics, plus focus gains (data disc plus can’t recall the name of the card), plus I assumed bullseye would just add that little more.

Another good relic was one that when I took damage, which I was partially mitigating, activated my orbs latent ability at the start of the round too.

So I was getting something like 30 (45 with lock on I think) at the start and end of each turn.

I was also stacking echo form with either streamline+ or Leap+ etc to either triple damage or triple my block at the start of my turn. Initially that could’ve been a risk but I was getting good energy starting the final boss fight with 6 then keeping any unused thanks to ice cream relic.

I should definitely have refused some cards like the claw ones but then I think go for the eyes at 0 cost is a nice way to knock down an elite or boss’ heavy hits.

Oh and melter finally came into use when I had that heavy armoured ball bastard.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    I should definitely have refused some cards like the claw ones but then I think go for the eyes at 0 cost is a nice way to knock down an elite or boss’ heavy hits.
    I've played Defect a lot last runs, to get some unlocks done for this seed. Are the claw ones actually all that useful? I usually just skip them, as my deck is a bit too bloated on average anyway. Can never seem to get rid of the starter cards.

Still have to try this weekly, hopefully this afternoon.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Go for the eyes is ok as it’s zero cost causing 2 weak. Others I’m not so sure about.
  • Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. 652. 
    Spoiler:
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Oh FFS I did it with Ironclad. Shall do it properly tomorrow but anyway, because I bothered to upload....

57qrSDh.jpg
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Went mental with the deck size to see what would happen. It was messy.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Meh.

zrlgYvm.jpg

It was going really well until I decided to take my chance in a hard colosseum fight. Lost from a double Gremlim Nob, last or only had about 5hp left.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    are we on 080119 or 070119 as screenshots and title show different
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Didn't see that. I used the title, Tempy and Boris have 08 and SG messed it up anyway.
  • are we on 080119 or 070119 as screenshots and title show different

Haha, shit. It should be 070119 but I guess I am an idiot and did 80119. I say everyone go do 80119, or else I'll go do 070119. Alternatively do both?

This is what happens when you have too much free time, you go off.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I think there might be a bug that switches the first two numbers around (maybe because it starts with a 0? ).

I'm sure I entered 07 not 70. I'll do a 08 run later tonight if I can keep myself awake.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Well fuck me I'm gonna cry for a bit now.

yEvKRRX.jpg
    First time I've seen the time keeper. I thought I had him when he was down to 30 health and had already used echo form and could play streamline+ for 40 damage. I didn't know that if it was the 12th card it wouldn't trigger the second free hit.

cj8aRco.jpg
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    What does Echo Form + actually do? It removes the ethereal from the card but I don't really know what that means.

Also feel there is some kinda bug, maybe controller related. I've had a couple times that I start a game, and I can only talk and leave the whale, feels like it skipped the choose option.
    Had the same thing here and again after the act 2 boss. I opened the chest, and it auto selected Tiny House. I don't even know if there were other options, it was straight from open chest to choose a card to transfer.
    Bit annoying but I don't think it hurt me too badly.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I didn’t spot the thread title change was looking at Tempy’s Screenshot. Happy to run it again.

Ethereal means if you don’t play the card it exhausts.

I had a similar bug too Nina, but on a normal Ironclad run. On one run I only had two choices on the other it just auto chose so I just abandoned it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ah, I thought that was what removing ethereal would do but didn't see it in the game.

Are you playing with m+k or a controller? I sometimes have the feeling it registers a double button press or something, it's a weird one and pretty annoying if you don't know if it was you that wasn't paying attention or the game just speeding up a bit by making decisions for you.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    As I’ve ended up on my MacBook I’ve got used to trackpad and keyboard. It is the best compromise for my setup.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Mouse only for me, perfect
  • Yeah, it def works better with Mouse or trackpad.

When I first nabbed it, it had good controller options, but not all options worked as listed. The new version, where left stick does mouse movement, is awful.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Nina - here's an interesting run with claws...

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Nice, I'll have a look at that in a bit.

I can never find a comfortable position with mouse, might have to give that a try again. Or steal B's new macbook pro and try the trackpad on that. Feels pretty good.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I hated the trackpad at first but really used to it now. Generally always sitting here with my MacBook on my lap playing this bloody game! This is definitely the first game I’ve bothered watching gameplay videos. Really interesting to watch even really good players make silly mistakes or fall foul of some rng badness.
  • The answer to is a card bad or good is almost always situational really. Claw is, on average, not great. But you might need one if you’re behind on damage. If you’ve got All For One, you’ll want at least one or 2. If you’re lucky enough to get 6+ with the right deck it’s great. The problem is... what did you give up to pick them? You need to know you can deal without those picks I can see Focus/Frost/Claw being good, but it’s tough to luck that into existence. The best question to ask of any card pick is “what does it help me do better against what I have do next.” and the answer isn’t easy to work out.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm doing both this week. 07 first, and first clear with Defect fuck yas. Getting the hang of it thanks to all y'all tips.

ordf9ch.jpg
  • Check dat score
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yes yes, was just blitzing shit with loop and a ton of block + self repair and meat on the bone. Boss was The Awakened One and that Power inability in phase one made it drag out, won by about 3 HP
  • I’m gonna try the 7 seed too
  • I was far less successful. Can't remember score.

Died on a shit tier ? Battle mid second act. Again, great deck, dealing with stuff well, but got slammed by what came out on first 2 hands....

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ok gonna do the 7 sometime today. Wish me luck!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!