Apex Legends - Battle Royale by Respawn (OP updated with players)
‹ Previous123456732
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    op3dy8.png
    Conquer with character in Apex Legends, a free-to-play Battle Royale shooter where legendary characters with powerful abilities team up to battle for fame and fortune on the fringes of the Frontier. Master an ever-growing roster of diverse legends, deep tactical squad play, and bold new innovations that level-up the Battle Royale experience—all within a rugged world where anything goes. Welcome to the next evolution of Battle Royale.

15p0t4p.jpg

Meet the Legends.

Guides etc.

Official Site

Season 1
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    PS4

Digi - (daviedigi)
    Skade - (Skade)
    Muse - (MuseChick)
    MattyJ - (Upper Echilon)
    Subbax - (SubAxe)
    SeanySean - (s-revill)
    Stormy - (stormyskiesahead)
    Vastik - (VastikRoot)
    Nina - (myHighness)
    DJR - (DarxideR-)

PC

Subbax - (Subbax)
    Tempy - (TempyUK)
    MoesTavern- (KidGorgeous39)
    Speedhaak - (Speedhaak)
    Frosty - (BionicFrosty)

Xbox

Frantic - (FranticPea)
    Webbins - (WEBBIN5)
    Goobs - (GOOBERtheHAT)
    Sparkles - (Paul the sparky)
    Speedhaak - (Speedhaak)
    Tigerswiftly - (Tiger Swiftly)
    Nexx - (Nexx)
    Sonic - (SonicBoomDaddy)
    Hodge - (Hodge 360)
    MattyJ - (Upper Echilon)
    Shabs - (Shabby McCrabby)
    Gav - (afgavinstan)
    Kerno - (Themagickman)

Spoons

Hair - (Bad Hair Day)

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    This is so slick and polished. Not a single issue with matchmaking, all ticked along perfectly. Looks lovely and plays silky smooth.

I wonder if they'll add solo or duos or will stick to squads of three? I'd imagine they'll get bombarded with requests for it.
  • Oh is this the Respawn game?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yes, Titanfall but not Titanfall.
  • Honestly saw the name and thought it was gonna be a driving game.
  • Managed to get a few games in, and yeah it's pretty great.  Everything is just so smooth and polished, it really is a quality product.  Got rekt in every game so far but hey, it's early days and I'm having fun. 

The somewhat stylised art style looks good, the characters' abilities seem really well thought out, the gunplay and movement is slick as as you like, matchmaking was fast with zero latency issues once in game, and I'm really impressed by what I've seen of the map - relatively small and absolutely chock full of detail with hardly any of the wide open nothing that other BR's suffer from.  

I'm trying to come up with something to balance the praise, but besides thinking I'd have liked a few more playable characters at launch I really can't find anything to fault.  

Good work, Respawn.
  • Managed to get a few games in, and yeah it's pretty great.  Everything is just so smooth and polished, it really is a quality product.  Got rekt in every game so far but hey, it's early days and I'm having fun. 

The somewhat stylised art style looks good, the characters' abilities seem really well thought out, the gunplay and movement is slick as as you like, matchmaking was fast with zero latency issues once in game, and I'm really impressed by what I've seen of the map - relatively small and absolutely chock full of detail with hardly any of the wide open nothing that other BR's suffer from.  

I'm trying to come up with something to balance the praise, but besides thinking I'd have liked a few more playable characters at launch I really can't find anything to fault.  

Good work, Respawn.

Yep all this, also it's quite moreish!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    FYI EA Access members (and Origin Access I presume?), for the price of a pint you can unlock both the extra characters.

Starter pack is £3.49 and you get 600 credits to add to the 1000 you get for being a subscriber. Both characters are 1500.

• Loving the verticality. Movement is slick, everything is so very intuitive and well thought out, such as inventory management. The tethered entry is a great idea. No real qualms other than me needing more time with it to bed in the controls, mechanics, etc. Fair play to EA for making it free, kinda blows sand at Blackout's pay wall.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    The tethered entry is a great idea.

Yeh this is really good. No more pissing about at the start working out where to go. One person is jumpmaster, they decide where to go (although you can suggest somewhere to them with the ping on RB) and then they jump and you automatically follow them. No landing short as you try and work out where they're going.

Inventory is great. About to pick up a weapon mod that's actually worse than your current one? It tells you. Colour coded ammo is nice too. It's just all so simple.

Loving Wraith. Open a portal, run across open ground while cloaked and then open the second portal when out of sight to let your team follow you through it. There'll be some great flanking done using this I'm sure.

Might unlock the decoy guy later, although the gas guy looks decent for covering your rear.
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    This has got some awesome features like the movement, jumpmaster, the ping system and genuinely interesting classes that pretty much all the other BR games are lacking. I want my name up on those banners!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Things I like: Ping everything. Not just enemies and a location on the map, but also the exact position of that extended mag your pal needs. Great aid to teamwork.

The move back to ziplines from Titty 1, you're back to proper routes and map rotation/positioning instead of every twat popping up in random positions.

The general QoL improvements made to the BR genre, colour coded ammo, easy to equip and swap attachments etc.

The downed but not out, even after you've been finished off mechanic is a nice touch.

Synchronised skydiving is full of win. Other teams are far more visible too, their trails being different colours helps a lot.

Things I don't like: the constant chatter from the heroes. The accents and voices will get on my tits.

No wall running. Obviously countered by the above ziplines point, but it's a shame you lose out on the awesome movement options.

My inability to fire a sniper rifle with any degree accuracy, this is a problem from which all BR games suffer and the sooner they can fix the issue the better as far as I'm concerned.
  • The chatter didn't bother me too much but then again I didn't have headphones on so can imagine that would grate. Probably there to give it flavour and appeal to the Overwatch/Fortnite crowd. My issue with the sniper title I had wasn't so much the outright accuracy but more the bullet drop, it seemed extreme, to the point where it literally fell out of the barrel.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • For a day one release, with no doubt balancing patches to come, top marks to Respawn.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Didn't notice the chatter tbh, and I had headphones on.

Do they shout when using abilities etc? That could be handy.
  • Can't wait to play this now.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Didn't notice the chatter tbh, and I had headphones on.

Do they shout when using abilities etc? That could be handy.

All the time, every time you ping something. I'm my own worst enemy though, as I always say thank you when someone drops off some ammo for me.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    They also give you updates regarding the ring. A lot.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    This looks great, definitely up for giving it a whirl.

Always liked the concept of Battle Royale but felt Fortnite's gunplay was ass. I'll take some more Titanfall action any day.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I must have blocked them out.

Took me a good few games to get some kills but I was doing alreet in the end. The TTK seems spot on.
  • Dammit this has really got under my skin, can't stop thinking about it. Can't wait to go in with a proper squad all in comms.
  • Dammit this has really got under my skin, can't stop thinking about it. Can't wait to go in with a proper squad all in comms.

Ha, I was watching a bit of this last night and I thought "Stormy will be frothing for this".

Looks good.
    Can-of-sprite
  • This all sounds very promising. Looking forward to trying it out.
  • Skade wrote:
    Ha, I was watching a bit of this last night and I thought "Stormy will be frothing for this".

Looks good.

Lol, I mean, I might have frothed a little bit...
  • They also give you updates regarding the ring. A lot.

I dunno, I don't mind this as it means I don't need to check the full map to see if I'm in the closing ring.

Also the lack of wall running means it's a little less fun to get around but I feel like it levels the playing field a bit. Top players wall running and shooting would be impossible to hit.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Wall running would have been fun, but with the movement options enabled by some characters (for the whole squad also) you can see why they took it out. I like it for what it is, and Titty is still there for when you want to play....Titty.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Breath of fresh air seeing an actual decent product being launched and it's free. Fuck sake, putting other developers to shame they are here; Respawn. Downloaded and played last night on the Xbox and I couldn't believe it. For a game that had no marketing and thus no public awareness or "beta" phases this game ran without any issues for me whatsoever for the entire night. No crashes, bugs lag or anything. Unreal. This is how you release a product. 

I will definitely pump a few quid into the store for this to support Respawn. After the shite we've had to put up with the past while it's a breath of fresh air to see something like this come from nowhere. And not only have they a great BR game on their hands they also made some really nice innovations, the most obvious one (which people have touched on above already) being the ping system. What a difference this makes.

The data card to respawn point is also really cool and adds an extra layer to the team play. And then there are the skills. My, it's like Overwatch. Love it!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    For a game that had no marketing and thus no public awareness or "beta" phases this game ran without any issues for me whatsoever for the entire night. No crashes, bugs lag or anything. Unreal. This is how you release a product

The lack of hype may have helped here, no massive day 1 load on the servers to try and contend with.
‹ Previous123456732

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!