Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Fuck it, let's do this

ps5-price.900x.jpg

PS5 will be 25% better than PS4 on the one key metric that matters
    Yossarian wrote:
    There have been a few rumours floating around that Sony will go for spring next year.

Usernames of folk who own one:
    Bob - SilentMcBob
    daviedigi - daviedigi
    JonB wrote:
    Some technical info released about PS5:

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

There was also a few comments I read in reply to it on reset era saying that they meant sshd rather than ssd. Im not entirely sure what the differences is but would like to know. And is this better/worse? So I'm probably gonna be spending a lot of today reading up on this stuff.

Read up on on HDDs, SSDs, caching (how SSHDs and Optane work), and tiered storage.

This is a good explanation -

I would think that tiered storage would be the optimal way to handle it on a next gen console. AMD have already got a deal for their software solution called StoreMi for the 2000 gen Ryzen CPUs, it's licenced tech so I can see them working with the console makers to get a custom implementation. In a more limited OS within a console I can see it working even better than on Windows 10 too, and without the odd issues you can run into if Sony can optimise the background processing necessary.

8 cores, 1.6GHz base, 3.2 GHz boost for the CPU. Not too bad at all, and a really massive leap from the current gen. That plus an SSD, and hardware accelerated 3D audio (I really really like that), make this a 'proper' next gen IMO. Shinies won't be that different, but performance, responsiveness, and the scale and complexity of worlds that can be created will be a really impressive thing indeed.
    Yossarian wrote:
    Getting back to this:
    I'm quite bad with tech but wasnt one of the issues with this gen not being a huge leap the relatively low ram the cpu and GPU had to work with? Has that changed a lot for this new gen?

Also , how does this compare with a bone x? Big leap over that as well or just a bit better?

The major upgrade (from my understanding at least) will be in the CPU.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Reserved I guess
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    And woo this shit gonna be great, let's get some vids on
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not very original sub title.
  • Will it have lobbies?
  • So, er, what do we talk about?
  • Will it have lobbies?
    Yes but not private
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • There's rumours doing rounds that battlefield bad company 3 is a launch title for this and Sony have some kinda exclusive deal on gta6.

I got battlefield 4 at launch with my launch ps4 so if true I'm really happy with this.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Apparently it'll have two back up ears (inside it), four arses and will sound like Liam Neeson chasing a load of chickens around in a barrel.
  • digi wrote:
    There's rumours doing rounds that battlefield bad company 3 is a launch title for this and Sony have some kinda exclusive deal on gta6. I got battlefield 4 at launch with my launch ps4 so if true I'm really happy with this.

Yup. I can back these rumours up and confirm as facts!  My uncle works for Nintendo/Sony/TheOtherOne and he says it’s gonna be great and he’s played it and I’ve got one round at my house right now but no I won’t be in so you can’t come round and see it.
  • digi wrote:
    There's rumours doing rounds that battlefield bad company 3 is a launch title for this and Sony have some kinda exclusive deal on gta6. I got battlefield 4 at launch with my launch ps4 so if true I'm really happy with this.

Yup. I can back these rumours up and confirm as facts!  My uncle works for Nintendo/Sony/TheOtherOne and he says it’s gonna be great and he’s played it and I’ve got one round at my house right now but no I won’t be in so you can’t come round and see it.

Matthew?
  • Kow wrote:
    Apparently it'll have two back up ears (inside it), four arses and will sound like Liam Neeson chasing a load of chickens around in a barrel.

I've heard it's got magnets on its tail so it can attach itself to you if you're made of metal. And for some reason it has a terrible fear of stamps.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    O/
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    My mates mums mate said it was shaped like some sort of giant fox.
  • PS5 doesn't even have any games.
  • Forum doesn't even have any double posts.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Fuck it, let's do this

Classic Muzzy.
  • digi wrote:
    Sony have some kinda exclusive deal on gta6.

Saw the GTA6 rumours.
    Cant see it.

GTA5 has pulled in over $6bil. (Yes billion)
    Any exclusive deal would have to compensate for a percentage loss of a similar pull.
    In other words it would cost them at least a few billion dollars just to offset the earnings from other potential platforms.

Rockstar just dont operate that way and it would be madness for Sony to put that much into one title given the return they would get.
  • Exclusive bullshit for GTA online
  • Yeah, GTA is such a huge moneymaker that the only exclusivity TakeTwo will dangle will be some dlc or online bollocks like 1 week early access to multiplayer or somesuch nonsense.
  • I can see them tying up some launch exclusivity deal or something. It would cost them a fortune but 'The only place to play GTA this xmas' would be huge.
  • Without wanting to turn this into the next gen thread.
    I feel MS's games service future model fits better with GTA. They work on a microtransation model, that will always be better suited to a larger audience. Given MS plans to have console and W10.

Either way limiting to PS is not the way to go for microtransactions.

Rockstar will be looking at Fortnite.
  • Red Dead had PS4 exclusive with early access to multiplayer. I imagine it'll be something like that.

You can at least link the digital foundry or wired article muzz as that has some info in it. I like the fact it's gonna had solid state HDD and be backwards compatible with PS4.
  • Kow wrote:

As long as that Neeson pre-looking for revenge on black dudes should be cool.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
  • I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
  • The PlayStation 5 will redefine gaming for gamers. Thought the PS4 was cool? Well brother, the PS5 is going to blow your mind. Games? You bet and like you wouldn’t believe. Power? Yeah. Tons. But the PS5 is all about the Game Players. Sony will connect you with your friends like never before. Only Sony with their decades in the dreams business can make a machine like this. World leading VR. Sublime experiences. Sony games. Sony power. That’s the Sony Promise to you, the Gamer.
  • monkey wrote:
    The PlayStation 5 will redefine gaming for gamers. Thought the PS4 was cool? Well brother, the PS5 is going to blow your mind. Games? You bet and like you wouldn’t believe. Power? Yeah. Tons. But the PS5 is all about the Game Players. Sony will connect you with your friends like never before. Only Sony with their decades in the dreams business can make a machine like this. World leading VR. Sublime experiences. Sony games. Sony power. That’s the Sony Promise to you, the Gamer.

That advertisement had no effect on me whatsoever

*sonysonysonysonysonysonysonysonysonysonysonysonysonysonysonysonysony
    SFV - reddave360
  • I too heard the rumour of a gta6 exclusive being a T-shirt with mug written on it. I'm in.
‹ Previous1234567495

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!