The overheard thread
‹ Previous123456745
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    A place for the unbelievable utterances you hear when you're out and about. You can reiterate them here and we can ponder on how amazing the human race is. 

In a pub, a woman is in conversation with another woman and a man but the convo isn't audible to everyone then just at that moment when the tune changes and there's a second of silence she proclaims loudly. "She's not my mother, she's my biological incubator!"
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Working away last week, I was in Wagamamma. Those bench type seats aren't great for privacy, so got most of the conversation of the couple nearby, who sounded like they were on a first date. He had two particularly fantastic moments..

1) Reached forward, clasped both her hands, stared into her eyes and said "You can never..never be too careful about your total cover when looking for buildings and contents insurance"

2) "I like music a little more at the cutting edge, pushing the boundaries you know? Coldplay, Killers. Proper artists"
  • 2) "I like music a little more at the cutting edge, pushing the boundaries you know? Coldplay, Killers. Proper artists"
    That would have tipped me over the edge.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i overheard a mother telling her son "he's not your father he's just the sperm donor of blackburn".
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Mother to what appeared to be her fiveish year old son in ASDA:

"Hurry up ya little cunt"

Radcliffe, eh. Beautiful.
  • Should have upper cutted her
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    She was fit, in a scally way. Early 20s, I just oogled and ignored the runt.
  • I hear people dropping f-bombs all the time in public, it saddens me.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    "...yeah so we'll like, we'll like go there and stuff but hopefully we don't like see anyone there that like we don't like, like."

Every word.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Two teen girls talking about the holocaust which they were studying for GCSE (or maybe A-Level) History:

"It was way out, like"

"Yeah but the Jewish did call themselves 'the chosen people', y'know if you get cocky like that you've gotta expect a smackdown"

I'm not quite sure if it was said knowingly or not. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
  • Vicky-Pollard-a-like in Manchester Arndale, pushing buggy with sleeping infant, lit fag in one hand, stuffing pasty into face with other. Little girl dancing around, twirling her dress. Pollard, through a mouthful of pasty yells, 'FER FUCK'S SAKE KYLIE, STOP FUCKING SHOWIN' ME UP'!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think the best thing I ever overheard was two blokes on a train and one of them was talking about a new trainee at work: 'he's just got no common sense. I asked him to cut up some rope for us and when I went to check on him a bit later he was trying to cut it with a hammer'.

I burst out laughing at this.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    As said the human race is amazing.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • "What's the capital of Africa"

(after some time)

"Ummmmmm Nigeria?"
  • Lolled hard @ Larry's contrib.
  • Oh, and from me: London, 10 years ago, a student (probably)"the French are okay with underage sex, it's intellectual"
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I think the best thing I ever overheard was two blokes on a train and one of them was talking about a new trainee at work: 'he's just got no common sense. I asked him to cut up some rope for us and when I went to check on him a bit later he was trying to cut it with a hammer'. I burst out laughing at this.

Brilliant.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • One that immediately pops to mind was two teenage girls in HMV as 'Father & Son' is playing.

"Who's the old man copying Boyzone?"
  • For best effect you need to try and imagine this in a bit of a Barry Mckenzie accent, out of the mouth of a woman.

Two young mums trying to entertain a baby in a pram, waving their arms and whatnot:

"Look at the little maggot, he loves it."

God bless Broadmeadows.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Not a conversation I heard as such...

I'm on the bus and am nosily watching the girl in front using her iPhone to look at Facebook. At best guess she's about 14-16.

Another girl has made a post and spelt the name of a third girl wrong. I don't remember exactly what the name was but I do remember it was one that was easy to get wrong.

So the girl on the bus screengrabs the post then uploads the picture to her timeline and writes "Retard" underneath it.

Kids are fucking horrible, and technology is only making them worse. I'm just glad it wasn't another thing we/I had to deal with at that age. Rant over. And yes, this probably works better in the Facefuck thread.
  • I'm sorry, you were on a bus and came over all Savile whut?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I did a bit yeah. In my defence I was simply nosy/bored not grooming.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    For best effect you need to try and imagine this in a bit of a Barry Mckenzie accent, out of the mouth of a woman. Two young mums trying to entertain a baby in a pram, waving their arms and whatnot: "Look at the little maggot, he loves it." God bless Broadmeadows.
    I can picture it.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    There's been recent research by the OII about a small percentage of youths avoiding the Internet because of social media bullying. IE because they have a bad time on social media they avoid computers, or devices that give them access to the Internet as a result of bullying. It's a small percentage but it interesting. I'll dig up the articles if I can and get em listed in current affairs.
  • It's probably just the fat / ugly / ginger kids, though, so it's okay.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Two girls sat in front of me on the bus, back in my undergrad days:

Girl 1: "You coming to the party tonight?"
    Girl 2: "Yeah, should be. Who's going to be there?"
    G1: "Usual crowd. I think Dave'll be there, too."
    G2: "Dave? Which Dave?"
    G1: "With brown hair?"
    G2: *blank look*
    G1: "Tall-ish. I think."
    G2: *blank look*
    G1: "His girlfriend cheated on him with his sister."
    G2: "Oh, that Dave."
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    It must've been the claw and not the hammer? Not the hammer...

I've nothing. Not much passive human contact out here in the country.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    One girl chatting to another seemingly about her house mate. I think it's what she feels like saying

"Don't do that in the shower do it in your bedroom."
  • I heard some guy telling his friend that some American Special Ops teams had been doing something hush hush in some place or other.  I wasn't listening to the details.  I did have to laugh though when he cited the 'plausible deniability' scene from Independence Day as proof that these things go on without the President knowing.
  • tumblr_m13s8pc5Me1rs4xiho1_400.gif
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
‹ Previous123456745

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!