Watchdogs Legion: Cor blimey, guv'nor! March, 2020
  • A new Watchdogs game set in a near future London. Mockney accents and a 'play as anyone' USP.

Here's your E3 presentation:

And here's some more info about the recruit/play as anyone/permadeath mechanics.

• Looks like a perfect mix of dire (or Dyer) voiceovers and some too good to be true open ended play so far.

'Ave it!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    More E3 guff. I remember the hype for the original Watchdogs.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Will deffo grab this when it hits a chalice. It’ll save me from having to go outside more often than is strictly necessary.
  • Kow wrote:
    More E3 guff. I remember the hype for the original Watchdogs.

There was none from me, it looked shit even when they were showing fake footage.  This is more like it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It'll be shite. Companies just hyping themselves up every year and every year we buy it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Just missing Molyneaux being "surprised" by the AI in his own game. And it's a bit late to say they're pushing the limits of the hardware. That'll be next year.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Should go in general E3 whinging thread I suppose.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    First things first... 'Play as anyone', but clearly, some characters have been demarcated by extensive voice over work.

They pulled off the same trick with the original game 5(6/7?) years ago now.
    That looked amazing at the conference too.

I like the setting though. Like, there was a thrill in playing the Getaway for the familiar scenery, and this looks like it will brick on that... Was actually looking at the crossing at Picadilly circus in the trailer, scoping out the traffic, and weighing up a dart across the road into Chinatown...

Despite having the tech to do realworld environments in games for a while now, they're still pretty rare, so if they can fuck off with the play as anyone BS, and double down on 'Landahn', then I'd been keen to see the final game...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Kow wrote:
    It'll be shite. Companies just hyping themselves up every year and every year we buy it.
    I'm not buying anything yet. It sounds promising, which WD never did before for me. I'm sceptical that it can deliver on these ideas, but if it gets close it will be pretty special.
  • First things first... 'Play as anyone', but clearly, some characters have been demarcated by extensive voice over work.
    Watch the second vid in the OP. Some very bold claims and I doubt it'll ever be that good in reality. But it's an interesting idea.
  • Kow wrote:

Of course it'll be a bit shit, it's a future-tech open world post-Brexit attitude sim with skateboards, hackers and haircuts.   The less the fanciful claims pan out the better.  It'll also be absolutely hilarious.
  • Unisoft are a bit shit, last Watchdogs was shit, chances of this not being shit are slim.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It'll also be absolutely hilarious.
    Yeah, this looks certain at the very least.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Never again will I take anything I see at E3 seriously so this can go get ta fuck.
  • Well that looks brilliant and that's from someone who's always turned their nose up at previous dog watching.
  • Wonkey/forced Mockneyisms really tickle me.  Between this and Blood & Truth I expect to be entertained.  

Imagine if every single playable character over 40 has a story about having met the Krays or the Richardsons.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Jon will 100% have to reference this game in the 2nd edition of his book...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • First things first... 'Play as anyone', but clearly, some characters have been demarcated by extensive voice over work.

Yeah they had some characters referred to by name.  How would that work in a city of millions? Sounds like a genuinely interesting idea but there's no way it'll work the way it's being put forward.

My guess is that there will be 20 or so good/developed characters to get with the rest being generic nobodies.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    First things first... 'Play as anyone', but clearly, some characters have been demarcated by extensive voice over work.
    Yeah they had some characters referred to by name.  How would that work in a city of millions? Sounds like a genuinely interesting idea but there's no way it'll work the way it's being put forward. My guess is that there will be 20 or so good/developed characters to get with the rest being generic nobodies.

I'm guessing, based on what I've heard:

A couple of dozen voice actors / scripts - pitch-shifted and altered.
    A large pool of traits / talents that are mixed and matched to NPCs to create a sense of individuality.
    A pool of animations to match to certain types of NPCs.
    A large pool of names and social backgrounds.

If you have enough things like this you can mix and match a whole lot while maintaining the sense of individuality. It'll all be smoke and mirrors, of course, but for the first few hours it should seem very well done.
  • Have they confirmed Avon Representative as playable yet?
  • Dunno if yer da is in the game Liv.
  • Bloody well should be.
    Fucking French-Canadians appropriating our culture.
  • Have been trying to play Watchdogs 2 but simply can’t get into it, not a fan of pretty much any of the stylistic decisions. Think it’s a series that just doesn’t do it for me.
  • Looks like Driver 3, it will be a shit as Driver 3. Is this running on a PS2?
  • Is there DLC on Mars?
    Is there DLC on Mars?
    Is there DLC in Peckham?
    Is there DLC in Peckham?

What's that Switch over there for?
    What's that Switch over there for?

'e cant 'alf play Donkey Konga
    'e cant 'alf play Donkey Konga

DS lite and bitter
    DS lite and bitter
  • They say that every game looks the same
    Then you go buy them
    There's no excuse my friend
    Let's push things forward

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!