The Super Mario Maker 2 Thread - CONTEST: VOTE for best ANGELS levels by 23:59:59 on Sunday 21 July
‹ Previous123456714
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    H2x1_NSwitch_SuperMarioMaker2_image1600w.jpg

Break the rules and make the Super Mario courses you’ve always dreamed of in Super Mario Maker 2, only on Nintendo Switch! With lots of new tools, course parts and features at your disposal, let your imagination run wild as you craft unique levels to share with friends and players all over the world.

Making your own Super Mario courses is easy, and this time, two players can build courses together on a single screen. Simply pick and place iconic objects and enemies wherever you like and choose from many different themes and styles – including the new Super Mario 3D World style!

You can even combine familiar elements to create incredible things never before seen in a Super Mario game!

SuperMarioMaker2_CreateAnytime_Switch_scr.png

What's new?

Super Mario 3D World!

Go wild with the brand new Super Mario 3D World Game Style. This style works very differently to the others – there are things you can do here that you can’t do in any other style! For example, you can play as Cat Mario, who can climb up walls (and even goal poles) and pounce on enemies.

Travel through Clear Pipes, battle against the ninja Pom Pom or even tear up a course with the Koopa Troopa Car – and that's only a few of this style's unique features!

Story mode!

Help rebuild Princess Peach’s castle in the new Story Mode. With over 100 original levels designed by Nintendo, you’re sure to pick up some tips and inspiration for your next creation as you play!

Multiplayer!

Want to show off your creations to friends? Up to four players can try to beat created courses at the same time in local multiplayer, or via a virtual room on their own Nintendo Switch console via local wireless multiplayer. Play as Mario, Luigi, Toad and Toadette, and let the fun begin! (Playing with friends will be added after launch as Nintendo were not planning to support this until they received strong feedback about it.)

Buying

If you want to buy digital, you could try a price comparison for a digital code or you could try the Nintendo Switch Game Voucher scheme, which allows you to buy two games for £84 (£42 each). While this is still a lot, it can also be used with silly RRP games like BOTW and Smash to bring down the price from £60 to something more reasonable.

Making friends

If you want to add people from the Bear & Badger as friends so you can check out their levels and so on, then head over to the Friend List Google Doc, add everyone on the list and then pop your name and friend code on the bottom of the list. The Switch allows you to add people from Twitter etc. so it might be quicker to add some people that way.

Maker ID list

This week's task is to post your Maker ID so I can start to build a Maker ID list right here! To access your Maker ID, go to Course World, press Y, press down and then select to access More Info. Your ID will show up at the bottom of the box. I'll continue to add Maker IDs later on but it's a good thing to do now as it's a little early to start a design contest.

Level Design Contest 1: ANGELS

It's contest time! The theme is ANGELS. Please post your level code to the thread by 23:59:59 on Thursday 18 July. After entries are closed, please play all the entries and post your top three by 23:59:59 on Sunday 21 July (please don't vote before entries are closed). Please submit one entry only. I don't anticipate any issues with following the theme but if it is completely unclear to everyone how the entry follows the theme and no explanation is forthcoming then I reserve the right to disqualify that entry.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • To what extent can people build a full Mario game in this?  Is it still focused on individual stages, played in a sequence if you wish, or can you create your own Super Mario World 3 with a map, hidden exits etc?
  • Can I make Little Big Planet?
  • So in Dreams, I can make Super Mario Maker, which will then let me make Little Big Planet?

Is there anything you can't do in that game?
  • I’m sure we already had a Mario Maker thread.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Can you though?
    Would be quite impressive if you could.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I’m sure we already had a Mario Maker thread.

Well this is Super Mario Maker 2.
  • hylian_elf wrote:

For wii u. This is a new console and will have new friends lists etc etc.
  • hylian_elf wrote:

Checkmate nerd.
  • So in Dreams, I can make Super Mario Maker, which will then let me make Little Big Planet? Is there anything you can't do in that game?

Nope.  You could even create a character called Roy Orbisony and have him sing you those lyrics in VR.
  • Dreams.
    All the kit and full of shit: The Videogame.
  • can we stop fucking up the thread please.
  • The best thing about Mario Maker vs most/all other user created stuff is that the creator has to play test it.
    To publish a level the creator must complete it as if they were a player.

This means there arent a bunch of broken creations clogging up the place but also that the top tier levels are made by top tier players.
    It is a great mechanic and a brilliantly considered filter.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Make sure you don't face the screen holding an item while simultaneously landing on a Yoshi and a Fire Flower, or the game will crash.
  • I'm not making any trash mario (world) so I'll be okay.
  • Can you make Luigi too?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I think I’m gonna get used to using a controller. The switch is too heavy to use one handed and draw with a stylus.
  • So very high level Mario players have been testing this over the last few days, and lot of high level techniques in Mario World have been either made worse, or completely removed.
  • Managed to make some time to get through the first 8 or 9 “story” levels and as expected, it’s some top tier Mario.
    Looking forward to the kids napping later so I can really delve into it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Just got an email to say it's been delivered so looks as though the added tat didn't get it red carded.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    How easy it it to share levels?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's classic Nintendo Frantic, completely impossible. You have to be friends on the system and online at the same time but also communicating through the Switch voice app as you have to hit the same suit from a deck of cards so it can say it's trustworthy then you have to sign a blood pact with the other person and offer to donate your kidney to them should they need it.

Best not bother.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    (if it's anything like the original your level generates a 16 digit code, post that, done.)
  • regmcfly wrote:
    It's classic Nintendo Frantic, completely impossible. You have to be friends on the system and online at the same time but also communicating through the Switch voice app as you have to hit the same suit from a deck of cards so it can say it's trustworthy then you have to sign a blood pact with the other person and offer to donate your kidney to them should they need it.

Best not bother.

I started reading that and thought you were serious
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ha, me too.

Awesome, I might grab it. Loved having it on DS but I don't think you could share on that? Might be mistaken.

Not even a huge Mario fan but I like editors.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sharing on 3DS is shite. On consoles it's been great
  • Alright then I've bought it you bastards.

The nagging in here is unbelievable, non stop peer pressure.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Don't do it Liv.
‹ Previous123456714

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!