Touchdowns, slam dunks, home runs and slap shots
  • Blocking each other, lol, now thats turning on the style!

Off to a flying start then, watch out Phil Jackson!
    Live & PSN (Vita only) - MattTheSurveyor
  • Excellent, a loss for the second game. Played a good team, were totally lazy and unfocused to start, and I just let them play the first 10 minutes in a coma. Then a time out, settle them down, and they worked a 10 point deficit down to 2 points with 3 minutes to go. Still made some mistakes along the way, but that's ok.

Hopefully they'll be a bit more ready come game time this week.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • NBA Gametime is now up on Live.

If you pay for League pass (out here it's $220 for the whole season, or $44 a month), and sign in with that account, that's HD games on your TV! The app is already up and you can look at it without signing in to league pass. If the game pic quality is the same as the highlights pic quality, this is the fucking bees knees.

Really slick presentation and set out in a similar way to all the other video stuff on 360, but twice as polished. Fuck yes.

14 hours and counting to first game of the season.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Any legal ways of watching NHL matches online?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Where's kilted when you need him?
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Just to confirm the link Face posted for GameCenter is available internationally - with the exception of Scandinavian countries I think. The current season isn't available as there is still a lockout.

It's a great service if you plan to watch a lot of games but, unless you cancel in the first week of sign up, it's worth noting that the minimum subscription is one season.
  • Ghah. Why are the NBA and co so intent on getting so much right, and then fucking up and being petty about minor shit.

So, the good news: League Pass works a treat on 360. Perfect HD quality games streaming, etc etc. BUT as far as I can tell, you can only watch 75% of games on 360. If it's on TNT, then you can't watch it on 360. Heat v Celts today is up and available to watch on PC, but not 360. What sort of petty BS is that?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Facewon wrote:

Suckage. I got quite into ice hockey while I was in Canada. No where else seems to broadcast the matches.

I may have to investigate nefarious means.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Nefarious or not, with a lockout, there's nothing to watch.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Ghah. Why are the NBA and co so intent on getting so much right, and then fucking up and being petty about minor shit. So, the good news: League Pass works a treat on 360. Perfect HD quality games streaming, etc etc. BUT as far as I can tell, you can only watch 75% of games on 360. If it's on TNT, then you can't watch it on 360. Heat v Celts today is up and available to watch on PC, but not 360. What sort of petty BS is that?

Seems to be an issue with watching old games through the 360 too. So either there's some bugs, or there's shit deals between the NBA and the TV providers about what they can show, or both.

The pic quality on the 360 is off the charts, and the menus and stuff seem to work great. It'll just be shitty if I can't watch the big games on the TV. Don't mind watching on the PC, but it's just petty and silly.

As to the actual results:

Heat looked impressive, and I'd forgotten who they'd picked up other than Allen. Rashard Lewis. Woah.

Celts might actually be ok though. Some good pick ups, and Pierce looks healthy.

Can't decide what was worse for the Lakers. O or D. Looked good in short bursts early, but other than that, shiteful.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Nefarious or not, with a lockout, there's nothing to watch.

Yeah. They did that the year after I left Canada. Bloody stupid. It's not like they're making crazy money playing the sport they love. What are they pissed off about this time?
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    Nefarious or not, with a lockout, there's nothing to watch.

Yeah. They did that the year after I left Canada. Bloody stupid. It's not like they're making crazy money playing the sport they love. What are they pissed off about this time?

Don't know the specifics of the NHL sitcho, but it'll be the same as all the other leagues:

Owners want:

Strict salary cap.
    Lots of restrictions on player movement.
    Strict rules on max payments to individual players.

Players want:
    No/loose salary cap.
    Complete free agency.
    No cap on how much individual players can be paid.

I'm probably missing something, but basically, all the negotiations seem to rest on similar issues.

It is an interesting discussion, I reckon. Yes, they get paid ridiculous amounts, but the leagues overall can make even more ridiculous amounts. And there has to be some system. making things more difficult is how the rules effect small market teams. In the NBA there's 30 teams. While teams like the Lakers and Celtics and Knicks rake in cash regardless because of location, teams like Milwalkee and such struggle, and the owners can lose money on a team and teams do fold.

The thing that I find really mental is this. The NBA has a salary cap, in theory, this keeps things relatively even. But there's limits to what they can do/want to do, so there's a luxury tax. So each team has $100 mil. per year cap (for argument's sake), and any player salaries that go over that are charged dollar for dollar. So if a team salary is $120mil, they have to play an extra $20 mil in lux tax.

The Lakers have Dwight Howard this year, along with a bunch of other all stars. if they want to keep him next year, they'll be taking on a massive lux tax. I believe they'll be paying $190mil next season. But since they're LA and since they just signed a 4 Billion dollar TV rights deal they don't really give a shit. Small market teams can't do that. And I'm not sure that there's a way to design a salary cap, short of not allowing it to go over AT ALL, that can stop big market teams from dominating most of the time.

Of course, it's debatable whether the NBA wants to fix it. Lebron going to the Heat has sent TV ratings and ad revenue for the whole league through the roof.

Anyhoo.

• Also, I actually dropped the extra $5 a month to get access to NBA tv (which is different to league pass). mainly for Open Court.

Chuck, Shaq, Steve Smith, Steve Kerr, Chris Webber, Kenny Smith, and Reggie Miller sitting around talk shit about the league. Awesomely entertaining.

Chuck last night on LA using a version of the Princeton offense: "I don't get the obsession with the Princeton offence. How many national championships have they won? I want my accountant from Princeton. Give me basketball from Kentucky."

lols.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Ghah. Why are the NBA and co so intent on getting so much right, and then fucking up and being petty about minor shit. So, the good news: League Pass works a treat on 360. Perfect HD quality games streaming, etc etc. BUT as far as I can tell, you can only watch 75% of games on 360. If it's on TNT, then you can't watch it on 360. Heat v Celts today is up and available to watch on PC, but not 360. What sort of petty BS is that?

Lets change that % to maybe 10%. You're fucking idiots NBA.
  • Posting spree.

So it's more that the app is being funky than not working. Still can't watch the really big games on TV, but even if they're blacked out live, you can watch the replays and they are in HD, just temperamental. A little like youtube when it first went up, the app is touchy.

As for the actual season:

LA still without a win. Too early to write off, but it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

LAC are DEEP. Really deep. Deandre Jordan has worked on his game and looks really impressive at centre, griffin is still strong. The other starters are still there, and they've added: a fucking shedload of good talent. vets at all positions.

Grizzlies are a good team to watch to though. Zach Randolph is a beast, Mark Gasol is a monster.

Everyone looks much sharper because of a proper preseason. Much better than the lockout start last year.
  • 557716_10151242080604771_200908964_n.jpg

317162_10151242080814771_1650520079_n.jpg

Promo work with the coaches down at a Melbourne Tigers home game. Good fun, but damn rebounding for 3 hours is hard work.
  • Brown sacked as Lakers coach.

Jackson rumors start immediately.

Welcome to my blog.
  • Bet the lakers wish they got phil. Just lost to cleveland.

League pass on 360 just got an update. Theres already virtually no blackouts and it already runs well and I already thought the pic quality was solid hd, but they've upgraded it anyway. I can count dick bavetta's wrinkles.
  • Bump for two reasons.

Swirl, NHL equivalent of NBA gametime is up on Live. Looks to be the same. Worth it if you can afford it and want some Hockey action.

Also, LAC are going to be tilting for a title this year. As will my team in our humble little league, just won by 20+ points. 3 of us, including me, had 10+ points. I went 5 for 5 too.

All this coaching and shooting around is paying off.
  • Niners vs Ravens in the SB.

Watched the 49ers game yesterday and it was tense stuff. The defence got shredded in the 1st half (Atlanta put up 24 points and were only stopped once) but locked them out 2nd half.

The Falcons had the ball on the 10yrd line with a minute remaining but needed a touchdown to win it which they just couldn't manage. The last throw on 4th down was knocked down.

Still plenty for the 9ers to work on. Justin Smith wasn't much of a factor last night so the 49ers pass rush didn't harass the QB enough (especially in the 1st half).

Harbaugh vs Harbaugh in the final.
  • If I want to watch this in a bar here I have to go to a fucking Hooters at 7am.
  • lols.

hi-res-159640518_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

2013 huh.

Watching Clippers v OKC. Mini-play offs time.
  • Just back from eight days in New York - we were over there celebrating my wife's 40th birthday. Last Saturday, we went to Madison Square Garden to see the New York Rangers take on the Toronto Maple Leafs. It's been a dream of mine to see the Leafs up close and personal and despite the Rangers 5-2 win, I had a great time. We were sitting with a few other Leafs fans, so I had the chance to celebrate Toronto taking a 2-0 lead - I was on my feet :) The Rangers fans were brilliant - good natured and up for a chat. Fabulous night.

Also took the opportunity to tour Yankee Stadium and stocked up on a shitload of baseball stuff. Came home with five books, magazines and finally picked up Ken Burns' 23-hour box set about the history of baseball. I had it in my hands in Toronto back in 2002 but didn't pick it up because of the price. Such a great trip and I got to see my Leafs! Amaze!
  • That's amazing. Congrats. No knicks?
  • The Knicks played twice at the Garden while we were there but the tickets were just too expensive. Went to see The Book of Mormon on Broadway instead :)

Also subscribed to NHL Gamecenter for this shortened season. Less than £40 for a tonne of live and archived hockey. Will be buying MLB TV as soon as they launch it for the start of Spring Training in March. Incredible value and a must-buy for anyone who loves baseball.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Super Bowl time, only time I bother with non-Patriots games.

Beyonce can sing damn son.
  • Didn't expect the Ravens to be ahead so much to be honest. Cracking game so far.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Didn't expect the ravens to be ahead by so much to be honest. Cracking game so far.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aye, I still barely understand beyond the basics (plays and that mean nothing to me) but enjoying it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!