The Super Mario Maker 2 Thread - CONTEST: VOTE for best ANGELS levels by 23:59:59 on Sunday 21 July
  • Andy wrote:
    Here’s my entry:

Skyfall: R1N-7BX-LDF

Fuck me. I got across the first chasm, but I’ve got no idea how to do the second one when they’re spaced like this:
    Spoiler:

That’s actually not a bad spacing. It did take me a while to complete for upload but I don’t think the level is that hard. I just wanted to put loads of Bullet Bills in there, those original angels of death.

Your level though with all that jumping looks crazy difficult. Will give it a go soon but I am already envisaging lots of little red crosses on white circles.

That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • You jump forward but bounce off the top one then the one lower then the one lower and if need be you can go left to right across the stacks.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Can't get on WiFi on switch here as it needs a browser to verify, so sadly will have to miss this one.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • mk64 wrote:
    You jump forward but bounce off the top one then the one lower then the one lower and if need be you can go left to right across the stacks.

The difficulty is in getting to the top one. They don’t launch until you’ve passed them. You then need the bottom one to pass you before you can start getting back up to the top of the stack. The first volley was easier (but not easy) as most of the time they fire at once, and you can bounce from the bottom up to the top.
  • Andy wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    You jump forward but bounce off the top one then the one lower then the one lower and if need be you can go left to right across the stacks.

The difficulty is in getting to the top one. They don’t launch until you’ve passed them. You then need the bottom one to pass you before you can start getting back up to the top of the stack. The first volley was easier (but not easy) as most of the time they fire at once, and you can bounce from the bottom up to the top.

Ha, that’s exactly how I wanted people to experience it. First batch relatively simple and then second time it all goes a bit pear shaped. I had no idea if that would actually be how people experienced it though so very happy to read the above. There is actually a trick I discovered that I never knew that makes it easier when jumping with Bullet Bills. But of course I ain’t telling you. Keep with it though. It took me about an hour to complete for upload but once I did I could do it again and again no problem.
  • Really liking this. The additions to toolset exponentially expand the potential. Designing controls are still a bit irksome compare to WiiU and 3ds but it's still amazing.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Only bowser in 3D world tools is meowser? And how da fudge do you kill him if you make a level?
  • Asking so I can make one for ma boy.
  • Boo ya. That’s me the first to clear stellavista’s course, and I currently hold the world record for mistercrayon’s, too.

By the looks of things, nobody has yet gotten further in my course than the first wave of enemies. :(
  • I wanted to create something fun for this but I’ve not had the time to play my switch in a week. Won’t until Sunday at this rate :(
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • @stellavista I just knocked about 16 seconds off your clear time, so the time to beat is now 48”565.
  • What might be cool, and this is a thought I’ve just had without following the thread and might have already been suggested, is an alternating create/TT set up whereby one week is a creation challenge (a la now) and the following week everyone smashes the winning course to try and beat times.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I’ve created a three-part video on how to complete stella’s course in (currently) world record time. I’ll hold off posting it until we see if that course wins and we’re competing against each other for times. ;)
  • Building my level now. It's going to be tight...
  • I do like a tight angel.

Um.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm gonna be watching!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Nah I'm not finished and I'm sleepy so will finish tomorrow on the train.

Sorry ere :(
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    OK, the deadline has now passed and entries are closed. Please now vote for your top three in order of preference by 23:59:59 on Sunday 21 July. There was a query on scoring and adherence to the theme - obviously overall quality vs theme adherence is going to be subjective but I would suggest that theme adherence should be a strong differentiator between levels of a similar quality level, if that helps. 

ANGELS entries:
    stellavista: R1N-7BX-LDF
    mistercrayon: KDT GDX 9NG
    Andy: K2X-288-RHG
    Frosty: TJK NMM J9G
  • Andy’s is crazy hard. I’m still stuck on that first bit.
  • Andys is a troll level. Just beat it. The first bit isn’t hard.

The first line of fire is hard. Wasn’t sure if that was beatable without a power up at first. But you can do it small. Just impeccable timing.

Andy, not being mean but felt like you ran out of ideas after the check point. I finished the rest second life.

Liked the star wars level and the bomb level was ok but a bit fiddly. Lost most lives on that actually.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I can’t even do the first jump from the pillar to the fire wheel wall. My Mario skills are weak.
  • mk64 wrote:
    Andy, not being mean but felt like you ran out of ideas after the check point. I finished the rest second life.
    It was more that I ran out of the space I needed and, crucially, enemies. I’ll probably revisit it at some point and make use of secondary areas to do what I want. I had the same issue with my Don’t Go Chasing Bob-ombfalls level, where I wanted torrents of Bob-ombs, but was limited to trickles.

mk64 wrote:
    Andys is a troll level.
    I will concede that one bit is a bit troll-y, but I put it very early on, so it’s easily avoided thereafter.
  • It's late so I might be excluded but my angel themed course is:

Falling Angel - TJK NMM J9G

Mario gets the boot from heaven.
  • That's me finished two out of the three and you can probably guess which is the one I've not done.

World record in the other two though (⌐■_■)
  • What’s your time on stella’s?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Frosty wrote:
    It's late so I might be excluded but my angel themed course is: Falling Angel - TJK NMM J9G Mario gets the boot from heaven.

I will be lenient this ONE time but, as the fact that I specified the deadlines down to the exact second indicates, I am a serious deadlines boi.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm appalled by this leniency. The ERE of old wouldn't have backed down.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!