Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Trump won because he won 3 swing states by a combined total of just under 100,000 votes. Dems just have to put out a not Hilary.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Trump won because he won 3 swing states by a combined total of just under 100,000 votes. Dems just have to put out a not Hilary.

True and not true. Simple maths says win back Michigan and similar states and Dems win. However, Trump is now an incumbent and economic performance is actually semi-decent. I actually rate Trumps re-election chances higher now than a year ago.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    But also the factor against that is his overall approval rating, which has been sitting at a level comparatively low with previous one-term presidents.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Given the past 3 years I'm not fucking sitting back for one moment on the shit that's going down, but let's not make it seem like Trump had some sort of landslide of conservative voters or that he somehow played a blinder.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    But also the factor against that is his overall approval rating, which has been sitting at a level comparatively low with previous one-term presidents.

Each president has been less popular than the previous president since George Bush Snr. 

George Bush Snr was, on average, more popular than Clinton, who was more popular than Bush Jnr, who was more popular than Obama, who was more popular than Trump. 

People are losing faith in politics in general, it has little to do with the politicians. Ignore the approval ratings.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    There’s a very high likelihood of a recession soon. If that hits before the election, I reckon Trump’s got practically zero chance of re-election.
  • Forgive me, but I can't bring myself to pray for a recession, even if it means dethroning the Orange One.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Do you really think that I’m suggesting that you, or indeed anyone, should?
  • No. That wasn't my inference. Apologies if that's how it looked.

It was more a not putting my eggs in that basket thing.
  • Alternatively a recession hits and it's all...
    "The unregistered Mexicans are taking your jobs and not paying taxes"
    "Building a wall would create X amount of jobs for American people"
    "The recession would be bigglier had I not put in trade tariffs. Dems want to you to but from China. Sad."

Facts didnt mean anything last recession, they wont mean anything next time either.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    No. That wasn't my inference. Apologies if that's how it looked.

It was more a not putting my eggs in that basket thing.

Fair enough.
  • Sometimes I wonder if it would just be less mental stress to side with the assholes and live my life like a cunt
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Sometimes I wonder if it would just be less mental stress to side with the assholes and live my life like a cunt

And hence the slide to the right as folk get older

Mayber
  • I don't think that's why people slide to the Right with age.

I'm just thinking about giving up. Side with the AltRight, make big bucks on youtube creating garbage, sounds like the life.
  • Do a bit of a content creator abuse scandal too, get fired from my main channel but still keep a healthy fanbase sending me money on my secondary channel, get retweeted by Donald Trump etc.

Just generally be a shithead and have no worries or cares.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Do a bit of a content creator abuse scandal too, get fired from my main channel but still keep a healthy fanbase sending me money on my secondary channel, get retweeted by Donald Trump etc. Just generally be a shithead and have no worries or cares.

What's the benefit of being internet famous if you can't slide into those DMs?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Why not ironically side with the alt right, make a load of cash and then out yourself as an infiltrator? And then get murdered.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Do a bit of a content creator abuse scandal too, get fired from my main channel but still keep a healthy fanbase sending me money on my secondary channel, get retweeted by Donald Trump etc. Just generally be a shithead and have no worries or cares.

I would love to see you run this as a social experiment.
  • For reals though, I'm so glad I've failed at everything I've ever tried because, given my sexual proclivities, I would 100% be MeToo-ed in the current climate. It was always consensual, but i doubt internet randos would care much...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Tempy wrote:

Lol.

I'm guessing you'd get bored, even if you did find the will to do it! X'D
    Look at Pewpew, or whatever the fuck his name is... Hardly RedDwarf or the Simpsons, isn't it? 

Them alt right full timers think it's high art... Sometimes, that feels like a large part of the conflict.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Alternatively a recession hits and it's all... "The unregistered Mexicans are taking your jobs and not paying taxes" "Building a wall would create X amount of jobs for American people" "The recession would be bigglier had I not put in trade tariffs. Dems want to you to but from China. Sad." Facts didnt mean anything last recession, they wont mean anything next time either.

It's all part of the Trump show that allows Trump's base to scapegoat the 'others' instead of the gop and big business in general. And Trump's base just happens to be many of the left behind in the all important swing states. As long as Trump's base is entertained they'll keep voting for him and quite possibly secure him a second term.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Recession will make things worse in America, bolster trump unless the D nominee is Bernie. Anyone else will be portrayed as establishment and get eviscerated. He'll blame the democrats anyhow
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • The mainstream is so scared of Bernie, they are doing everything they can to talk up his poor imitators. Take this for example:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1149936532532486144?s=20

More educated people support Warren.. ie, he beats her among graduates, only postgraduates support her more. How many more graduates are there? But the message is clear, educated people prefer Warren. The rest of the article tries to rationalise that, but the subliminal message is clear. Clever people back Warren, the Bernie supporters are oiks. I'm clever, aren't I? I like Warren, that's what I'll say at the BBQ. She's "solutions-oriented" that's a good turn of phrase.

The actual truth of it is the only real demographic where Warren beats Sanders is people over 65. (Remember "Bernie is too old?", he handily beats her among the young)

As for the women support Warren more, or as the politico hack puts it:

In poll after poll, Sanders appeals to lower-income and less-educated people; Warren beats Sanders among those with postgraduate degrees. Sanders performs better with men, Warren with women. Younger people who vote less frequently are more often in Sanders’ camp; seniors who follow politics closely generally prefer Warren

Well, at the bottom of the article, long after you've stopped paying attention, this is what politico writes:
    Spoiler:

So they lied, basically. I thought maybe they can justify that by weighing the women based on age and likelihood to vote, but if so, they should say that. But it turns out it's all hidden in the editorial use of "better"... Ie Sanders leads in both category but he leads more with men, and less with women. So Warren performs "better" with women, see? Fucking magic.

But of course, if Bernie is nominated each and every one of those young voters will turn out. Few, hardly statistically significant centre Dems will choose trump over Bernie.

As for support, the funding figures tell the real story.

https://twitter.com/madison1230_i/status/1150139626822217732?s=20

Don't get me started on polls not offering Bernie's name as a candidate, which come out with "other" in the lead.

I hope to God he makes it. Or I will be very depressed. It's just the systematic manipulation of people by the press, it's too depressing to see it being effective.
  • The media treatment of bernie for the dems is very similar to Ron Paul when he was running as a Conservative candidate back in 2012. He would be constantly over looked by the mainstream media, even with Conservative media. I can only assume the glue that binds Ron and bernie is that neither is typical political material and doesn't play the game like they are supposed to.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Ron Paul was anti-war and anti-federal government, both of which were fatal to any kind of man coverage. A lot of Paul voters ended up with trump, and many libertarians are now more or less alt right, so there is pretty much no bridge between him and Bernie.
  • From MSNBC: former assistant district attorney is somehow invited on there to say: Bernie Sanders makes my skin crawl.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbc-panelist-bernie-sanders-makes-my-skin-crawl-i-dont-see-him-as-pro-woman-candidate/amp/
  • Lol shitlibs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!