Final Fantasy XIV
  • Logged in to what? The game?

No, I haven't got that, far yet, I need to log in to update it.
  • Not the game. The sqeenix account management page - from there you can add a PS4 licence to your existing account.
  • That's already showing. It's the service account I don't have. Beyond paying, I can't see a way to get one.
  • And the PS4 PSN user profile you downloaded XIV on was the same that your FFXIV ID is tied to? You haven't changed your PSN information going from PS3 to PS4?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Outside of the SquareEnix Account web login thing to 'Confirm Account Status' I don't quite know what else to suggest.

I had trouble getting my password sorted out and changed but after digging about it seems that getting into a wedbchat with the support folks was the fastest way to get anything sorted. 

I managed to eventually get it all done without having to go there but rumours suggest they are not that bad. Avoid the phones was the word I got?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Nope. I just found this, which indicates you can't do the free trial if you've previously had an account. SO I don't know if the 14 days is supposed to be instead of that, since they sent me this email last month.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Hmmm. Interesting. 

I think my account from 2013 was just off the free trial back then and so I don't look to be in the same boat.
    From that thread it looks like if you have been a paid subscriber before then the free trial ain't for you as you know what's what already so cough up if you want more.. Oof..
    Or you can create a new account somehow (use a different PSN account? It shouldn't need PS+ I don't think?) to get onto the new free lvl 35 trial thingy. 

All a bit crap obviously but it looks like you'll have to just buy some gametime and start collecting rat testicles and whatnot..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Red mage 70.

Stormblood story done.

I'm so slow.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • One year later and I've dived into Eureka, an XI style zone for levelling end game gear.  Many of the old XI HNMs are in there and you loose xp if you die.

Remember that? lol

Ditched Red Mage and picked up Machinist, cuz guns.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    XP loss, ah the good old days of camping party spots for hours on end. :)
  • Second XI style zone opened this week, plus the Monster Hunter crossover with Rathalos.

Optical Hat up for grabs.

Community feels good.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Oh didn't realise the crossover was both ways. That's cool. Should try and get back into some MMOs...
  • You know where I am...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    New expansion looks class. Blue Mage and more new jobs!
  • Blue Mage is a limited job, apparently.

Not sure you play in the world with all the other jobs. It's out before the expansion though, so we will see.

Excite.
  • Get dat Regalia!
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    *Snip* Wrong thread.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I got excited
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Anyone back for Shadowbringers?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yeah. 73 Machinist on the go. Fab expansion.
  • 77 Machinist. Sooooooo good.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Anyone back for Shadowbringers?

I thought I'd be able to log in with my lapsed account and just play a char for free up to 35. But alas, you cannot free trial on an already created account. Soooo guess I either pay a sub or start a new account... None of my guys were that high level and I was probably going to roll a new one anyway so might just spin a new account
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Apparently starting a new account is difficult when playing on ps4, as you can't manually edit the squenix I'd field, it auto populates with your psn id. Flips sake
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Apparently starting a new account is difficult when playing on ps4, as you can't manually edit the squenix I'd field, it auto populates with your psn id. Flips sake

Yup.

I love FFXIV but Squenix make it horrible to open new accounts. Even using similar emails and having a separate PSN account on the same PS4 can trigger an account failure. Then there's the crystal / subscription / whatever system, and how tricky it can be to add licenses for multiple platforms to one account. Basically, they make it as hard as possible to actually play the game.

I know they don't wanna give Sony 30% of their sub fees but I would just get my sub via the psn store in order to avoid Mognet, then I'd be permanently subscribed. There's been several times I've wanted to fiddle with my account and then just thought fuck it, leading me to not play the game.
  • Yeah it's a real ballache. I don't see the harm in letting me use my exiting account to take a new character up to 35. That would make me way more likely to subscribe
  • You should be able to start a new toon on that same account - maybe on a different server, I dunno - up to the free level cap. I think...

The fact that I think i did exactly that and yet i'm not 100% sure just shows you how much of a mess Squenix has made this.
  • Shame, because it's my fave MMO since Burning Crusade-era WoW.
  • When I tried to log into my account it says I don't have the right thing to log in, whatever weird term they use... But will have another look later
  • One SE account gets tied to an individual PS4. Any number can be used on PC natch.

Finished the story of Shadowbringers last week. Close tie between this and the Chains of Promathia expansion in FFXI for best MMO expansion for me.

Rocking Machinist but may have to get back on my Dragoon as they're beasty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!