Fire Emblem: Three Houses (26th July, Switch)
‹ Previous123456712
  • A big new Fire Emblem game. A very big new Fire Emblem game.

So this is really three different stories, or three different (and branching) perspectives on the same story, each one a full size game in itself. Choose which house to ally with and follow and guide them in the usual turn-based strategy RPG battles, along with relationship building, training and tons of other activities.

It's out on 26th July on Switch.

• I keep being tempted by these games, but they're no Vandal Hearts
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Is the text readable?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Still not sure about them ditching the trad AW viewpoint for something that resembles Persona or something?  And the battle screens still look rank.  Hope I'm wrong about this?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I'm in.

I liked how FE looked before so have some reservations about the perspective and graphics... But we'll see. Adored Awakening.
  • I'm opting for Mutant Year Zero for a more streamlined experience.  Modern Fire Emblem games chuck too many systems at you - I'm in it for the grid battles, not the relationship building/youth academy stuff (or typically terrible story & dialogue).  Games like Vandal Hearts, Shining Force and Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars suit me because they're far more compact.
  • I really liked Awakening, but Fates was, frankly, quite horrid in its story. Echoes/Valentia was much better.

With Three Houses I hope its more in keeping with the tone of the Gamecube game. That was quite a good, reserved story with nice characters. Fates was creepy.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I’m quite excited!
  • Nice write up! Looking forward to this. You say the SRPG stuff wasn't too challenging, did you play with permadeath on also? I am contemplating turning it off for the first time to ease the stress a bit, but if it's not massively challenging anyway I might leave it on?
  • I played with permadeath on and haven't lost any units. A lot of it is really quite easy, and if you make the odd mistake you can rewind to any point earlier in the battle. That's limited use, but you get more as the game progresses.

With the extra training you do outside battle and in side quests, and the passive abilities you gain, the numbers get very one-sided. There aren't many enemies that my main characters can't flatten in 1 hit, and yet most of them can barely cause a scratch against me.
  • Sounds pretty good. Will grab it next week when I’ve got some time to play it.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Can't wait to pick this up, especially on the back of strong reviews. Might use my eshop credit when I get home.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Got the CE coming tomorrow, and as I’ve been horbgorbling between games the last couple of weeks, this is turning up just at the right time.
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    My CE arrived today but it's too hot to think, waaaah.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Steelbook has the name on the spine!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • £41 from cdkeys for digital, which isn’t too bad
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    60 euros? Ahahaha. No.
  • I caved \o/
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • JonB wrote:
    I played with permadeath on and haven't lost any units. A lot of it is really quite easy, and if you make the odd mistake you can rewind to any point earlier in the battle. That's limited use, but you get more as the game progresses.

With the extra training you do outside battle and in side quests, and the passive abilities you gain, the numbers get very one-sided. There aren't many enemies that my main characters can't flatten in 1 hit, and yet most of them can barely cause a scratch against me.

Ah ok, will just play normal with permadeath then, actually looking forward to it not being too hard, though weirdly the kotaku review (I think?) said they found the battles quite challenging? Maybe it depends on which house you pick...? Or maybe they just found it harder.

Oh or maybe they didn’t grind enough, that’s a thing now. I like levelling up :D
  • Jon finished Into the Breach in a couple of turns iirc.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My special edition of this is probably at elms house RN
  • JonB wrote:
    I played with permadeath on and haven't lost any units. A lot of it is really quite easy, and if you make the odd mistake you can rewind to any point earlier in the battle. That's limited use, but you get more as the game progresses. With the extra training you do outside battle and in side quests, and the passive abilities you gain, the numbers get very one-sided. There aren't many enemies that my main characters can't flatten in 1 hit, and yet most of them can barely cause a scratch against me.
    Ah ok, will just play normal with permadeath then, actually looking forward to it not being too hard, though weirdly the kotaku review (I think?) said they found the battles quite challenging? Maybe it depends on which house you pick...? Or maybe they just found it harder. Oh or maybe they didn’t grind enough, that’s a thing now. I like levelling up :D
    The later battles have got tougher. I've been using rewind quite a bit. And I wouldn't recommend Hard to start with anyway, since progress is slow enough already.
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Jon finished Into the Breach in a couple of turns iirc.
    Well, not quite... But anyway, this is far less of a puzzley strategy game than that (or old FE games) and far more about the numbers. And with all the extra stuff you can do, your numbers grow quicker than theirs.
  • Jon finished ItB in one turn confirmed.
  • Jon finished Invisible Inc during the splash screen.
  • So...

Which house is everyone opting for?
  • I was determined not to, but even I had to plump for Leicester Alliance after meeting the three representatives. At least it's not another bloody monarchy.
  • Alliance and Leicester? Are HBOS in it? Damn sell outs!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Bought the code for this from Keys. Gonna get on this tonight. FE can sit permanently on my Switch.
  • I went for the empire first time - Edelgard and the black eagles.

If I do a second run it'll be Alliance & Leicester.

Dimitri is just too dull to contemplate.
  • Alliance and Leicester for sure, since the first trailer I fell for the golden deer.
‹ Previous123456712

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!