THE WRECKFEST CLUB
  • I had a wander on the Steam forum for this last night and the spreadsheet PC brigade aren't best pleased by this console release. It would seem a global update has been deployed that brings both versions more in line physics wise, some cries of dumbing down the handling model to cater for the console crowd.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I’m trying to work out how you came across this. Is this just a thing you do in games when there are options you aren’t supposed to be able to pick?

No, but that's what I'll be doing from now on. I tried clicking on one once and it let me have it. The next time I tried changing cars it wouldn't even let me select the ones I owned. As Webbins said, that screen is very slow and takes a few seconds to change. It definitely seemed like some sort of glitch.

• Webbins wrote:
    I had a wander on the Steam forum for this last night and the spreadsheet PC brigade aren't best pleased by this console release. It would seem a global update has been deployed that brings both versions more in line physics wise, some cries of dumbing down the handling model to cater for the console crowd.

Looks like it has broken the PC master race.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • All assists off it still is a challenging model. I tried assists on and it was night and day. Assists on better suited to the rough and tumble of mp.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I found that the ‘half’ option for assists was the best. All off and it’s tough to control, all on and it’s a bit soft. I found braking impossible off, but I might toy with switching off one of the other two, while keeping the ABS at half.

I hate to be a negative ninny, given how much fun it is, but between comments on here and in reviews I thought that the opponent AI behaviour could actually be adjusted. However, as best as I can tell, changing that setting doesn’t adjust their behaviour, it just affects the cars’ performance. Trying one event on the different settings, the only discernible difference was that on expert you can’t gain ground on the finish straight, on amateur you can, and on easy you’ll fly past them. They still jostle with you and crash into you on all three settings.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    6jd1fuA.gif

That's the kids late for school.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    They deserved it, they were pulling faces out the back window.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    If you do a custom race on Wreckfest you do still get credits.

I'd spunked all my cash on class C cars and upgrades, but when I tried to redo junior races it was threatening to reset the progress. Was wondering how I could then get money to buy class B cars for the next championship and there's my answer.
  • The progress reset is just for that event, afaik.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh I just didn't fancy losing the stars I'd earned etc. Might be worth a try to see the credit award compared to custom. My own fault for going on a shopping spree.
  • 6jd1fuA.gif

That's the kids late for school.

“Hot dog rolling bus alburqeurque”
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Good effort.

'Hey Webbins, check out those awesome clouds'

94V2DP5.gif

Think Boozy escaped that lot.
  • Lol I always fall for the awesome clouds trick... but they were lovely.
  • The USB bug forced me unplug my HDs from the back of the box last night. Make sure you install on the internal

Wreckdumb. Swearfest, wankfest when it doesn't work.

But when it does ....
    However once it's up and running all is forgotten. I've had 2 really solid sessions online now lasting multiple hours with no issues of being kicked from lobbies or losing people (take note FH4) Also in game online it's unbelievably solid no matter how much carnage is happening on screen. Then there's the actual racing which is full of action and incredibly a racing game where being punted off the track by a deliberately vicious manoeuvre doesn't end your race. In fact it can enhance it when you know it's coming and manage to react in time to see your would be assailant miss you and end up firing a hundred tyres into orbit or rolling their car in a cloud of dust and broken metal.

Raced on a couple of tracks last night that that had us jumping into oncoming traffic and lots of of Oooooohs and Ahhhhhhs as you had near misses or saw utter carnage.

Sticking to the same lobby for multiple races soon creates rivalries and there's not much better than seeing that guy who T-Boned you in the last race end up in a barrel roll of twisted metal with doors and bumpers flying off. Was in a mixed race server (hooray for diversity) last night that offered up a ton of scenarios from basic ovals, demo derby deathmatch in a field to crazy crossover tracks. The damage modelling continues to impress along with the handling.

I hope they get on top of the major and minor issues soon as it's a game that deserves to be seen in the best light and commended for it's successes rather than chastised for it's blemishes
    Xbox - Boozy The Clown
    Forza4Lyfe
  • This is quite good fun.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Such enthusiasm.
  • The Reliant Robin versus a field of school buses challenge is well tense.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Such enthusiasm.

I mean, the loading times are pretty tiresome and the soundtrack is absolutely dire but the racing, handling and physics all seem absolutely spot on.

Quite a few visual bugs so far though, but none rusty actually affect the game. My avatar appeared to be passing through a wormhole in celebration:
    [img]skQYa6Q.jpg
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    ^ It's Marina Diamandis

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The music is dire. Ive made a B&B Spotify playlist for people to contribute to Grem. It's too 'raucous' for Hair. Shout if u want the link and I'll pm you.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    The music is dire. Ive made a B&B Spotify playlist for people to contribute to Grem. It's too 'raucous' for Hair. Shout if u want the link and I'll pm you.
    Go for it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    It's too 'raucous' for Hair.

Did you add some Kenny G?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    It's too 'raucous' for Hair.

Did you add some Kenny G?

Wtf.

My exact reply to hair was
    It has to be raucous for this game. What you want, some Kenny G?

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've seen it Hair.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Dammit.

Guess we're talking Songbird and not your cock.
  • Ironically they are both named the same.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I'm holding it tight as I can.
  • It had a 4gig first day patch.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!