Stellaris - Make Space Great Again
‹ Previous12
  • https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/06/stellaris-paradox-strategy-game/

http://www.stellariswiki.com/Developer_diaries

They've streamed quite a number of hours of gameplay -

The Blorg are a great species, very Hitch Hiker's. Apparently you'll be able to add them to your game via the Steam Workshop at launch, so there will be a chance of encountering them.

Tempted to pre-order this from Green Man Gaming, 25% off with the code WATCH25, £26.24 for standard, £31.49 for the Nova Edition (Includes extra stuff like more races and soundtrack and stuff. "Galaxy Edition" is also available).
  • I really hope this turns out how they've described it, a GalCiv/SoaSE/IS style 4X game that tries to great stories and procedualry generate threats and events sounds incredibly ambitious. Wrote about it way back when it was first announced to. If it works and I can get it I imagine I'll have a great old time playing it with Bollo and poorly explaining the rules to him whilst he bumbles around regailing me with stories about obscure WW2 history.
  • I'm liking the look of the diplomacy.

Looking forward to the modding too. I'd quite like to play the Culture universe. :)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'll be on this too even though I may never really figure it out, like Crusader Kings.
  • Looking through those dev diaries gives you a good overview of the depth of the game.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Let me tell you about Jack Churchill.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It looks ok. I'm more hyped for Endless Space 2 because the French have swag.
  • Hang on am I confusing Stellaris and ES2
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't think you are, I'm sure you brought this to my attention a while ago. I think I was intrigued and a little scared by it, and was looking forward to hearing the stories in the thread way more than actually playing the fucking thing.
  • This is very good.

There are some rough edges/unfinished stuff though :P .

TzWFMfp.jpg
  • I've played Stellaris for my first hour today. Made some alien friends already, yeah! 

I really like how you learn to play the game by clicking on stuff and experimenting. Not too much hand holding.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've been out all day but all I've been thinking about is what to do about about the goggly head alien shits that are running amok on one of my planets. Ok, technically it's their planet, I guess, but they're interfering with my power plants, blocking up food production and generally making a nuisance of themselves. They're pre sentient and I don't have to tech to help them but at the same time I don't want to exterminate them - partly because it's their planet and I did kind of invade it, even if they are thick, but also because my stance is set to prohibit it. I could change that but i I might actually feel bad about it. It could also have other terrible diplomatic repercussions that I'm not aware of.
  • My militaristic bugs just got squashed by some regal cats.

ProTip: don't make your feelt entirely out of big ships, they won't be able to hit corvettes and you'll die.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Stumbled upon some floating jellyfish things and their empire. They immediately disliked me and when I insulted them they immediately attacked my homeplanet and decimated the place. The dirty space racists' proclaimed aim was to humiliate me, which they duly did. I now hate them and must get revenge but I have been bombed back to the stoneage. I have to say I'm loving this game - its glacial but not dull.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The same race waded in and devestated me again, the bastards. My only option is to ply them with gifts to get them to hate me less. In other news I managed to make a pre-sentient bunch of goggly eyed lizards into a sentient race. The bad news is they don't thank me for it - they now realise they've been robbed of thousands of years of cultural development, have become communists and hate foreigners.
  • I hate it when that happens, bloody ungrateful bastards.
  • This is on game pass now. Thought I'd have a quick look and fuck me 2.5 hours went by.

I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Is it the full version? There are a hefty amount of DLC pieces for it, some of them are ridiculous from what i've read.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The dlc isn't really necessary, each one came with a massive update to the game for free.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Is it the full version? There are a hefty amount of DLC pieces for it, some of them are ridiculous from what i've read.

Just says 'console edition'.

I haven't played a game like this in a long time. Safe to say I'm not really sure what I'm doing but it's good shit.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I played about 20 mins and realised that I really do not have the time to invest in that at all. Which I expected going in. I bet its great if you do, it seems crazy in depth. 17 year old single me would have been all over it.

Anyway, instead I bought Rad and shat toxic goo out my ass for an hour. That's about my level these days.
  • Kow wrote:
    The dlc isn't really necessary, each one came with a massive update to the game for free.

yeah, it's more just curioisty as it's on game pass and I would like to know. I would prefer it with all the DLC. I really want to investigate that crazy story line written by the guy who did Cultist Simulator, that has like a 1% chance of happening when you scan a black hole.
  • Lost another couple of hours to this this evening. But now I've reached the point where I can see the mistakes I made early on from being a nub so might just scrap my current game and start a new one
  • Bought this with the Apocalypse, Utopia and Leviathan DLC

After digging it turns out the Console Version is based on 1.7, whereas we're currently on 2.3, which means all sorts of things are different including the completely overhauled economy which means playing Stellaris feels like a nearly entirely different experience than it did a few years ago. It's weird how PC games still do this, as they pupate and evolve over years of consistent updates and support.

I ditched my first game after a few hours because it seemed like it was a mess and when my enemy went to war with me it seemed like a good spot to abandon and go back to the basics.

Now doing much better on a Spiral Galaxy which looks a lot better in terms of choke points and so on, it's just easier to parse what's going on in your planets at a glance (though there are still endless details to tweak) and seems to chuck things at you pretty regularly to keep things interesting. Excited to see where my race ends up going, always staggered at the amount of random shit it throws in your face via events. Some of the writing is quality too, even noticed a JoJo joke in there yesterday.
  • Started a campaign with a pal so we both have a safety net to learn 2.3

Such a belter of a game, I love it. We can only reach each other by going through a black hole that lets us hop over the portion of the galaxy that is taken up by a faction that hates our guts, but the entrance on my side is guarded by some kind of huge terrifying space dragon. We are allied with some Giant cat People. A Precurosor race demands tributes of us every so often.
  • Is this on Switch?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Coming to iOS and Android! Hopefully that means a Switch version is possible.
  • Like most things nowadays, wait for the Switch port.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    They'll have to rework the interface a lot or you'll probably go blind playing it. Probably an Android version interests me more as it's the sort of thing I'd enjoy playing in bursts during the day.
  • It isn’t a port from what be read, it’s a new thing and it looks like it’s a reskinned version of a chinese mobile game at this point.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!