Had enough of quizzes? Then this is not the thread you’re looking for...
‹ Previous12
  • Usual story; no googling, my decisions are final, and I would ask that you try the video question with one viewing, no pausing, so get a notepad and pen handy.

Enjoy!

— — —

Q1. What’s the title of Gaijin Entertainment’s action-adventure featuring Ayumi, an adventurer seeking two ancient artefacts?

Q2. What was the cheat that allowed you to skip through levels in The Untouchables?

Q3. Trailblazer was the only UK launch game for which handheld?

Q4. We all remember that Mad Max’s characterful sidekick in the 2015 videogame was called Chumbucket, but what was the car called?

Q5. Name one of the intelligent species in No Man’s Sky.

Q6. These two similar games were released within months of each other in 2003. The one on the left was the better game, but the one on the right got all the hype (and sales iirc). If you bought it, you missed out. Sorry. What are they?

EOHmg1RWoAMLYph.jpg

Q7. "The Meikyokan dojo of the Narukagami Shinto school is really a secret society of assassins called _____. Everyone who knew that was sworn to secrecy, and not allowed to leave the compound. But one person broke the code of silence and escaped into the ruins of a deserted castle, in search of the only way out, through the castle tower..." Fill in the blank.

Q8. Colossi, Vigilante, Oblivion... What could come next in this sequence?

Q9. Name two celestial bodies, other than the sun, in Outer Wilds.

Q10. Which 2001 PlayStation 2 game opened with one of the titular heroes being turned into an ottsel after being knocked into dark eco?

Q11. What’s the name of the Chase HQ inspired PSP title where you face the Capelli Family, Warlords, Convicts, Vixens and Killer 66?

Q12. Camden Studio’s Dropship is one of the greatest games of all time. What is the name of the multinational military force that gives the game its subtitle?

Q13. Although I only remember three ever being available in the Argos catalogue, apparently there were seven different Tomytronic 3D games. Name two.

Q14. In which game were we given the ultimate truth; that a man who never eats pork bun is never a whole man?

Q15. Which PS1 space epic sees the League of Free Worlds rebel against the Earth Empire?

Q16. Name the games.

Scores
    Minnesänger 15
    Moot_Geeza 13½
    acemuzzy 7
    hylian_elf 5½
    g.man 4½
    Wookienopants 4
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I fuckin' hate quizzes me
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Aside from the vid, I think I may know 1.
  • YAY! QUIZ!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Erm. Haven’t watched vid yet, but I don’t think I know any of these.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Reading through, I may be at zero. Will watch video later so fingers crossed for that!
  • I know a couple from first glance, but will need a proper think. Seems surprisingly tricky this one. Might get a lower score than I’ll get for Gonzo’s, somehow.
  • I know most of the video and none of the questions!

On a train so I didn't have pen and paper so I'm gonna have to bend the rules and watch it again later.
  • I think I got three or four from the main questions.  Am now hopeful of a podium finish.
  • Fuck this quiz also. I score zero (admittedly, I haven’t tried the video at the end).
  • Submitted my answers earlier. Hoping for around 7 or so, assuming it’s a point each for making games in the video.
  • Minnesänger 15
    Moot_Geeza 13½
    hylian_elf 5½
    Wookienopants ½ so far (awaiting video answers)
  • 15?! Cinty cheater!!!

How many per video answer? 1?
  • Genuinely no idea as there were multiple “I dunno” answers. Probably endued up getting some of the trickier ones right as I know Andy and the games he often brings up.
  • I just put Bushido Blade for everything.
  • Me too. Got 15. Don’t know what Elf is complaining about.
  • Me & Cinty eating all the pork buns up in here.
  • acemuzzy 7
    Wookienopants rocketed his score up to 4 with the video answers.
  • Haha. I'm fucking useless at quizzes.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I love a pub quiz but embrace my shitness and aim for dead last every time. If I'm not going to finish first I will finish last, nobody ever remembers the team that came in the middle of the pack
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • This quiz is a good example of how things go for me. I sat down to watch The Meg last night, and thought, “I’ll put a quiz together while I’m watching this.” The plan was to have it done by the end of the film. But then I had the idea for the video question, so once the credits had rolled I set about capturing fresh footage of 14 games in my library (the last clip in the video was the only one I’d recorded previously) and trimming them down and editing them together and the next thing you know it’s 3am again and what am I doing with my life?
  • I don't know any of the answers. I'll have to have a look at the video later.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • 4½ to g.man. Not sure how long to let it run, but I’ll leave it for at least the evening.
  • Yay I’m not last
  • 11½ for regmcfly.

Reg is the first person to even attempt Q8. He got it right.
  • Answers:

Spoiler:
  • I still don't understand question 8.
  • Ok, so like 9 of my points came from the vid. Seems about right.

I’d like to thank my parents. And Andy, of course, for running such a great quiz. Thanks to Our Lord and Saviour, Yezus. My Year 6 teachers Mrs Woods. The 3 Jeremys - Corbyn, Clarkson and Vine. My cobbler. Big thanks to the lady downstairs who runs the convenience store and always keeps some milk in the back in case I run out. Ueda-san, you’re my inspiration. I’m incredibly grateful to all my friends and loved ones...you know who you are. And, before I go, I’d like to tell you all that I’m gonna keep pushing - I’m not gonna rest on my laurels here. I’m gonna take the next step, not for me but for you all. Thank you, thank you.
  • Wk0RKrp.gif
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    if I had to guess, then I think 8 has something to do with the number 5. Collossi appeared in Ueda 2, Oblivion was Elder Scrolls 4, I figure Vigilante was something number 3
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    For 8 I answered
    Spoiler:

Next clue -
    Spoiler:
    And in that game there were
    Spoiler:

Work your way onwards.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!