Make it so - fucking shitty
‹ Previous123456789
  • In case you didnt guess, this is a thread dedicated to the new show Picard.
    Apologies if there was already a thread, but I did a cursory search and saw none.

Without resorting to spoilers, this is a fucking trashfire mess. Im up to date on the episodes and the quality is just plummeting with each new episode. It started really well I thought. Boy was I wrong.....Im at work so no time to elaborate atm.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I didn't guess
  • I thought the opening scene of the last ep was a bit too much.  We're shown some bloke having his eyeball removed in a torturous fashion with little or no exposition. Oh, it's ok, it's actually a Borg harvesting station and here comes Seven to save the day! Really could have done without such gratuitous stuff whilst I'm eating my tea thanks.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yup. that was a terrible idea.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • rG2Fy5p.png
  • JL...........That alone makes my skin crawl.
    From the opening episode, i naively hoped this would explore in a small way what Picard's post hero life might look like. An old man chasing past glories.  Instead, we get him being called JL, suddenly he loves kids and the nonsense of the whole Romulan situation. Not to mention how the Federation/Starfleet has changed. So, so, so stupid. Incredibly stupid.

Its a shame. I like the pilot guy (and the EMH etc). I also like the Romulan wimpy,sexyman(the spy) and a few more. It had so much potential.......
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    What supafly said

It's structured really badly as well, each episode had been a boring crawl of fan service to lead up to an introduction of a character to further serve the fans, fully expect riker to step in front of the camera next week
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm enjoying it. I read the book and it made a lot of things click together. Clearly the reason I am enjoying it is because I am VERY CLEVER and READ BOOKS whereas you lot aren't enjoying it because you're a STUPID bunch of ILLERATES.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • W2FOP5f.gif
  • In case you didnt guess, this is a thread dedicated to the new show Picard.
    Apologies if there was already a thread, but I did a cursory search and saw none.

Without resorting to spoilers, this is a fucking trashfire mess. Im up to date on the episodes and the quality is just plummeting with each new episode. It started really well I thought. Boy was I wrong.....Im at work so no time to elaborate atm.
    I’m guessing you didn’t see the two fat dudes ripping the shit out of episode one?
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • It’s trashy and I’m enjoying it. It’s not clever, it’s not deep. It’s adventure of the week serial stuff. It’s fine.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I'm loving it and I'm also very clevor.
  • I'm enjoying it because it's better than playing Sekiro, which is also an idea that should have stayed on the drawing board.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • hahaha
  • If it'd just been the ol' duffer running his scifi vineyard for 8-10 episodes, it would probably own.
  • Was looking for a Picard thread.

I'm really disappointed with it. Is it star trek? Is it blade runner? Why, after 5 episodes, has FUCK ALL HAPPENED. Why is each episode......... Slow........... As........... Fuck.........

But, now I'm committed, I need to watch it every Friday. Fucksake.
  • Granted, the plot for every episode would be:

Guest star: Why are you doing it this way, winemaking has been a wholly finished technology for centuries, here just d/l this fucking sick La Tache circa 2XXX and

Picard: No I need the dirt and the graft and mutter mutter what is a man

Guest star: Okay then

But that reads like not worse than what they've actually made.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    In case you didnt guess, this is a thread dedicated to the new show Picard.

I’m guessing you didn’t see the two fat dudes ripping the shit out of episode one?

I’m sure people complained when I posted that.
  • Title has got TLC's Unpretty stuck in my head.
  • It's mass effect the TV series.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    In case you didnt guess, this is a thread dedicated to the new show Picard.

I’m sure people complained when I posted that.

The dudes make a lot of sense and back it up with examples what’s not to like?
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's disappointing but I'm staying on the bus for now.

Mentioned it elsewhere but I would have liked something not a million miles away from what @Brooks said.

A really world weary man struggling to deal with retirement and finding some little thing to give him purpose as opposed to an "I'm too old for this shit" caper which is what it is turning into.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Title has got TLC's Unpretty stuck in my head.

Well that’s never a bad thing.
  • davyK wrote:
    … I would have liked … A really world weary man struggling to deal with retirement and finding some little thing to give him purpose …

I was looking forward to The Adventures of Grumpy Picard and No.1 The Dog.

I am disappointed by The Adventures of Romulan Clichés on the Borg Cube.

But beggars can’t be choosers, and I’m happier with any new Trek once a week than none.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    "TV" doesn't do it for much now because it demands too much time. Too many seasons, too many episodes. The time sunk hasn't rewarded me that much.

Keep something short and I'll stick around. I can see me seeing this out but anything after that would probably be ignored by me.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Granted, the plot for every episode would be:

Guest star: Why are you doing it this way, winemaking has been a wholly finished technology for centuries, here just d/l this fucking sick La Tache circa 2XXX and

Picard: No I need the dirt and the graft and mutter mutter what is a man

Guest star: Okay then

But that reads like not worse than what they've actually made.

I knew I loved you, I just forget sometimes
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Screw Picard. Give me a Dark Tower series and don't fuck it up please.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Anyhow ep.5

The panto section wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

But - I hated that super scent giant lizard. What an awful lazy sci-fi trope. He even growled. Jesus.

I liked that fine looking lady that 7 killed though. Nice. 

I think watching V in the 80s as a teen with Diana the baddy has rendered me fond of bad girls. Hence my liking for Priti Patel. A modern day Servalan.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    ayayayaheee.

If you were really lucky Diana had a cat fight with that Blonde British girl in some episodes. Ludicrous - they must have had a ball making that series.
‹ Previous123456789

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!