Just completed
  • Mini Ninjas

On the whole a pretty enjoyable, very cute game. Very relaxing, seems to have a surprisingly deep understanding of Japanese culture for a mere "homage". It really reminded me of a kids version of Journey, I guess the art style is quite abstract but in a more cartoony way, and the whole game is essentially one long inexorable march towards your destiny, through lots of gorgeous themed locales. Has a slightly melancholic edge to it as well.

It's very, very similar to Goeman on the N64 - just a bit more linear. The fighting towards the end got a tad reptitive and the camera angles can really frustrate a lot of the time but on the whole I enjoyed the 10 hours I put into it - felt delightfully old school.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Hush your Tatsunoko playing lips.
    Tatsunoko Vs Capcom >> any other fighting game. THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID IT.

its my son's favourite game on the Wii as well. he's 6

He also plays Marvel vs Capcom - fate of two worlds
    and SSF4 
    He's really good
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Darksiders. It was great, got all the bits and bobs too so just need to run through on the hardest difficulty to get the last achievement. Looking forward to 2 now but with THQ in the shit probably won't see 3 or 4.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Angry Birds Seasons - every single level 3-starred.

Far more challenging than getting the Platinum on Skyrim.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Darksiders. It was great, got all the bits and bobs too so just need to run through on the hardest difficulty to get the last achievement. Looking forward to 2 now but with THQ in the shit probably won't see 3 or 4.

You were OK with the last third?
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Looking back Mario Sunshine was a bit shit. I loved it at the time though. I think i was the only person who actually liked the flud mechanic.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I hate that phrase 'the only person'.

I loved Fludd and the whole game.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I hate that phrase 'the only person'. I loved Fludd and the whole game.

I liked FLUDD. But the whole game? No, it was not for me.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I think I gathered that from twitter. It probably doesn't stand up well but I loved it when I first played it. Shadow Mario chases were brilliant.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I hate that phrase 'the only person'.
    And yet you're probably the only person that hates that phrase.
  • You're the second person to make that joke to me.

Stop it, all of you.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Darksiders. It was great, got all the bits and bobs too so just need to run through on the hardest difficulty to get the last achievement. Looking forward to 2 now but with THQ in the shit probably won't see 3 or 4.
    You were OK with the last third?

Sure, what didn't you like?
  • The extreme padding.
  • I was going for collectables etc anyway so didn't notice. I guess if you were just playing through it would be worse? Took me about 17 hours and that's everything I could do.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Dear Esther
    Pretty lame, the monologue's needlessly obtuse and not interesting enough to justify the game. I did think the environments were gorgeous though, so would probably recommend it if it was like £2.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    its my son's favourite game on the Wii as well. he's 6 He also plays Marvel vs Capcom - fate of two worlds and SSF4  He's really good

You sir, are the best dad ever.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I was going for collectables etc anyway so didn't notice. I guess if you were just playing through it would be worse? Took me about 17 hours and that's everything I could do.

You didn't notice that the last third makes you repeat the same shit? I just found it really dragged and couldn't wait fot it to end.

• Thanks to my sick day from work, I've managed to complete the single player of Ace Combat: Assault Horizons and I quite enjoyed it. The game certainly got better as it went on with some great missions (dogfighting in a hurricane/defending moscow from incoming missiles etc.) and the ending was fairly epic. The gameplay was good but the story was complete and utter tosh.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Splinter Cell: Conviction.  After seeing the Blacklist thread I realised I hadn't finished this.

Rubbish.  Too many narrow areas and too many guards to play stealthily.  I ended up knocking out most of them. 

It also looks very pretty in the final level where the developers are obviously showing off the lighting.

Longest credits I have ever seen.  Approx 15 mins!

Played a bit of Deniable Ops and that is still the best part of the package, by a long way.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    its my son's favourite game on the Wii as well. he's 6 He also plays Marvel vs Capcom - fate of two worlds and SSF4  He's really good

You sir, are the best dad ever.

thanks. Though he is now actually beating me instead of me letting him win.
    Getting auld.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    I hate that phrase 'the only person'. I loved Fludd and the whole game.

I liked FLUDD. But the whole game? No, it was not for me.
    A divisive game, but I loved every minute of it. Made me thirsty though.

• ...Ace Combat: Assault Horizons... ending was fairly epic.

Gah! I spent 2 hours trying to best the last boss, couldn't do it. Gah!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I just can't get on with AC:AH, on another note the last game I completed I was Max Payne 3. Is there a thread for unfinished games?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Limbo.... That was it?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yes they're both dead and the corpses are half decomposed. The end.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    ...Ace Combat: Assault Horizons... ending was fairly epic.

Gah! I spent 2 hours trying to best the last boss, couldn't do it. Gah!

I was on easy and the end boss did take me ages.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Mini Ninjas On the whole a pretty enjoyable, very cute game. Very relaxing, seems to have a surprisingly deep understanding of Japanese culture for a mere "homage". It really reminded me of a kids version of Journey, I guess the art style is quite abstract but in a more cartoony way, and the whole game is essentially one long inexorable march towards your destiny, through lots of gorgeous themed locales. Has a slightly melancholic edge to it as well. It's very, very similar to Goeman on the N64 - just a bit more linear. The fighting towards the end got a tad reptitive and the camera angles can really frustrate a lot of the time but on the whole I enjoyed the 10 hours I put into it - felt delightfully old school.

you've just made that sound like the most interesting game ever, definitely going to give that a look-in

just completed max payne, it was fun, and pretty, i liked it
  • ... my arcade hitbox. Finally.

And it works, albeit that I'm not sure I've laid the movement buttons out optimally. QCFs to the left are inducing cramp, maybe it'll pass. Isn't immediately making the all-important EX Tengu finisher for Oro's chicken combo cycle any easier/more consistent either, which is irritating.
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    Mini Ninjas On the whole a pretty enjoyable, very cute game. Very relaxing, seems to have a surprisingly deep understanding of Japanese culture for a mere "homage". It really reminded me of a kids version of Journey, I guess the art style is quite abstract but in a more cartoony way, and the whole game is essentially one long inexorable march towards your destiny, through lots of gorgeous themed locales. Has a slightly melancholic edge to it as well. It's very, very similar to Goeman on the N64 - just a bit more linear. The fighting towards the end got a tad reptitive and the camera angles can really frustrate a lot of the time but on the whole I enjoyed the 10 hours I put into it - felt delightfully old school.
    you've just made that sound like the most interesting game ever, definitely going to give that a look-in

I just won this for £7 all in, was also convinced to take the plunge after your praise.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Just finished the campaign in Bulletstorm, probably the best £4 I've ever spent on a game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!