The Chain - A forum game for bored and boring people.
‹ Previous12
  • I'm bored so here goes.

Link from the poster above's game to your game, using the most obscure, interesting, bizarre or pedantic link you can think of.

Use the Box art or a screenshot.
    No repetition.

Virtua Cop - Arcade - 1994

16193101.jpg

153809-virtua-cop-sega-saturn-front-cover.jpg
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Maybe I'm brain dead, but I don't understand? :/
  • Find a link between Virtua Cop (in this case) and your game - year, developer, system, soundtrack artist, some obscure link between them etc...

Post box art of game. I think that’s right.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Lethal Enforcers - Arcade / SNES / Mega Drive / Mega CD
    I bought lethal enforcers thinking I owned virtua cop and believed they were the same game for a not insubstantial amount of time.
    220px-Lethal_Enforcers.png

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Reg, you need to tell us what the link is.
  • Both light gun games that launched as console ports of arcade games?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 220px-Supersmashbox.jpg

Nintendo let HAL enforcers Iwata and Sakurai use Zelda and Mario in a fighting game.
  • Both light gun games that launched as console ports of arcade games?

That’s not obscure or bizarre etc though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It better not go because of that technicality.
  • 54478-mario-tennis-nintendo-64-front-cover.png

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQpuaZ4wGNC-IbZb-E7KZSAxVRQr_PXeJQrh_n1mjnHEEzO3pLA&usqp=CAU

Nintendo are cowards and won't put Waluigi in Smash - Mario Tennis 64 was his first appearance.
  • Mario Tennis 64 used the Transfer Pak accessory to let you transfer/unlock characters between the N64 and Game Boy Color versions of the game. Waluigi was one of them.

Mickey’s Speedway USA did the same trick – buy the game in both formats, plug your GBC cart into your N64 controller, and you unlocked extra characters. Sadly, the only character it unlocked was Huey the duckling. That’s it. All that effort, for one of Scrooge McDuck’s annoying nephews. Who was just a reskin of the other two already in the game.

71oRY8XSU%2BL._SL1142_.jpg
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Motral Kombat II contained Smoke as a basic palette swap of Sub Zero and Scorpion, just like Huey was in Mickey's Speedway

[font=Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]w0JzLeS.jpg[/font]

[font=Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2h65pla.png[/font]
  • Mortal Kombat II introduced Noob Saibot, a hidden unplayable character.  The name of the character was derived by reversing the surnames of the series creators, Ed Boon and John Tobias.

Final Fantasy XII has a hidden super duper mega boss called Yiazmat with a gajillion HP and taking hours and hours to beat.  Yiazmat is a sorta-portmanteau of the game's (for most of the project) director, Yasumi Matsuno.

aid433905-v4-728px-Defeat-the-Yiazmat-in-Final-Fantasy-XII-Step-1.jpg

220px-Final_Fantasy_XII_Box_Art.png
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 61buq9uC8wL._AC_SY445_.jpg
    Crackdown is a game I bought on the same day as FFXII, and was so good I never played FF.
  • Zone of the Ender's is another game that sold on the strength of its demo

151014-Zone_of_the_Enders_(USA)-1468191314.jpg
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Omikron The Nomad Soul - Dreamcast 2000

99452-omikron-the-nomad-soul-dreamcast-front-cover.jpg

Screen_Shot_2016-01-11_at_12.47.41_PM.0.0.png

The O-zone interviewed David Bowie who composed, wrote and stared in the game.

https://youtu.be/uA_HOPwCVuk
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Omikron was released the same day as

Chef's Luv Shack

51DESWX7E4L._AC_SX342_.jpg
  • Chef of course voiced by Isaac Hayes.

256px-Haze_boxart.jpg
  • Haze rhymes with Blaze.

Blaze and the Monster Machines.

Monster machines are kind of the opposite in stature to:

micro-machines_2.png

Micro_Machines_-_1993_-_Codemasters.jpg
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Violet Berlin is a playable character in MM2....

She is also in this thing I've never heard of before :)

93421-Gabriel_Knight_Sins_Of_The_Fathers_(1993)(Sierra_Online)-1.png
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Gabrial Knight features a puzzle where you must impersonate a man who does not have a mustache. The solution is to make a fake mustache, because Jane Jenson might actually be insane.

Based on every game he has ever made, Jeff Minter also seems to have a loose grasp on reality. One such game is Attack of the Mutant Camels

attack-of-the-mutant-camels-3c58f62c-0236-4331-8ace-bf39ab026eb-resize-750.jpeg
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    A minter, presumably, is somebody who makes mints.

So Murray Mints require a Murray Minter.

Mint is four letters long. "Mutant Camels" is 10-ish letters.

This all leads fairly directly to...

virtua_tennis_4_boxart.jpg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Oh I say.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Fuckin Olimite
  • I think Muzzy broke the chain with too many Murrays.

Andy Murray is in Virtua Tennis 4.

There's an annoying skull called Murray in the Monkey Island series, and at one point in the third game Guybrush asks if he can call him Bob.

B.O.B.+(USA)+(Beta)-image.jpg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I remember a feature on Channel 4 - was during the SNES/MD era - must have been part of Big Breakfast maybe ? Chris Evans was involved. It was about cute games. And Bob featured in it.

Bust Busts Loose was part of that item.

Still the most entertaining 2D platforming game I have ever played. Pure enjoyment.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I also put hours into Buster Busts Loose. I believe level 3 or 4 of 6 was an American football themed one, where you had to get a touchdown. It was genius. I spent ages perfecting that level till I could almost do it I a one shot.

Another sports mini game I found myself getting involved with was darts in Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

81XqcV0ynhL._AC_SX385_.jpg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I also put hours into Buster Busts Loose. I believe level 3 or 4 of 6 was an American football themed one, where you had to get a touchdown. It was genius. I spent ages perfecting that level till I could almost do it I a one shot. 

That's the one. Paid £50 for it in '93 but I really caned it. Every level was a completely different style in looks and gameplay. A short game but it was supremely well done - Konami at their peak.

I could beat it on Hard which limited you to a 1 hit meter and extra HP on enemies.

There was an Easy level that shortened the levels which was a good intro for younger ones too - was pretty well though out.
  • Of course Yakuza is a chunky series of games that had its first instalment on PlayStation 2 and a series that has maintained extremely close association to Sony. The first game in that series Yakuza, started as a fixed camera angle game which was remade into a proper camera 3d game for PS4. Not too dissimilar to a series which gained its link to Sony with Final Fantasy 7 which has also been remade into a proper 3D game for PS4

Q2wCZyX5Q5XQKuam9

77295-final-fantasy-vii-remake.png?t=1580048703
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

That's the one. Paid £50 for it in '93 but I really caned it. Every level was a completely different style in looks and gameplay. A short game but it was supremely well done - Konami at their peak.

I could beat it on Hard which limited you to a 1 hit meter and extra HP on enemies.

There was an Easy level that shortened the levels which was a good intro for younger ones too - was pretty well though out.

That's the ticket. I remember that easy mode - I think it took out the end boss of level 1, for instance - having to , I think, feed Taz by dropping conveyor belt food on him.

Right I've got three levels out of 6 - the opening Acme one, the football one and the last one which was star wars.

What's the other three without googling.... Was one a library?
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!