The Greatest Guitarist of All Time Bracket. May (lol) Madness. Elite 8. Red Dave xoxoxox
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Hardly fucking likely
    You stick to your meadows

Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Facewon wrote:
    We're at 8 voters. I'd like an odd number,

You can ignore mine if it makes it easier. They were sympathy votes because I felt bad for Buckingham (and Benson (and Govan)) but they might not even be following this thread.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Waht aboyt 74, it's not a normal number
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Damn. Meant to call it this morning. Got sidetracked. Give me some votes to weok with folks.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Jimi Hendrix
    Prince
    George Benson
    Brian May
    Eddie Van Halen
    Mick Ronson
    Chuck Berry
    Eric Clapton
  • taXsqTQ.png
  • Will do top half then bottom next. So pool a final 4 and pool D final 4 together.
  • As any learned musician knows, the surest way to achieve greatness on the guitar is by playing a cool-looking instrument, so for the next round I’m going to use a points-based system to determine each player’s worth based on the guitar with which they are most commonly associated.

Points will be awarded for things such as brand obscurity, having lots of knobs and/or switches, or being a weird shape (assuming the player in question is able to pull off the look).

Points will be deducted for such transgressions as the guitar having a nickname, being available to buy as a signature model (Les Paul excepted), or if any part of it is made out of a mantelpiece. One point will be deducted for each sticker. Duck tape counts as a sticker.
  • I like you Krs but you're wrong, max points are given for ramshackle beat up things like Willie's Trigger (yes it has a name) and any other instrument that has a hugely scuffed/faded pick guard. It's ok to be wrong though.

Are we voting on the above pic that Face posted? If so, easiest round ever aside from Knopf-Clap.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's Eddie Van Halen out.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I guess that means a late entry for this guy surely

"I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Blind Blake is the greatest and he's nowhere to be seen, so I'm treating this as an enjoyable whatif.
  • 1B582XZ.pngtaXsqTQ.png

So yeah, as Nick assumed. 

Here are the Head to Heads we're voting on. 4 from Pool A and 4 from Pool D.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If you vote Brian May over Johnson, seriously fuck you all.
  • There's some tough calls in here, but I'll be voting May until he goes.

Prince hendrix is tough.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    If you vote boring paint by numbers Slash over Marr, seriously fuck you all.

• Marr has the Rickenbacker factor in his favour, but Slash uses a really thin strap with a really heavy guitar, so they're both fine musicians. Tough call.

nick_md wrote:
    I like you Krs but you're wrong, max points are given for ramshackle beat up things like Willie's Trigger (yes it has a name) and any other instrument that has a hugely scuffed/faded pick guard. It's ok to be wrong though.

We don't necessarily disagree. A worn instrument does get points, provided it's from playing and not mistreatment or relicing, so Trigger's wear would have nullified the name penalty. Nelson would do well if I was judging on hair length, but that's not until the next round, obviously.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Brian may is a criminal
  • krs wrote:
    Marr has the Rickenbacker factor in his favour, but Slash uses a really thin strap with a really heavy guitar, so they're both fine musicians. Tough call.

nick_md wrote:
    I like you Krs but you're wrong, max points are given for ramshackle beat up things like Willie's Trigger (yes it has a name) and any other instrument that has a hugely scuffed/faded pick guard. It's ok to be wrong though.

We don't necessarily disagree. A worn instrument does get points, provided it's from playing and not mistreatment or relicing, so Trigger's wear would have nullified the name penalty. Nelson would do well if I was judging on hair length, but that's not until the next round, obviously.

I look forward to the round.

Brian May Vs Robert Johnson is the lol I needed today. Lololololol.
  • Marr
    King
    Hooker
    Paul

Hendrix
    Johnson
    Page
    Knopfler (this was a real tough call, but I feel Knopf brings more to the table)
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    krs wrote:
    Marr has the Rickenbacker factor in his favour, but Slash uses a really thin strap with a really heavy guitar, so they're both fine musicians. Tough call.

Straps vs string, bonus points for Ben Nichols then

Ben-Nichols-1361-678x381.jpg
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    nick_md wrote:

Are we voting on the above pic that Face posted? If so, easiest round ever aside from Knopf-Clap.
    krs wrote:
    As any learned musician knows, the surest way to achieve greatness on the guitar is by playing a cool-looking instrument, so for the next round I’m going to use a points-based system to determine each player’s worth based on the guitar with which they are most commonly associated.

Points will be awarded for things such as brand obscurity, having lots of knobs and/or switches, or being a weird shape (assuming the player in question is able to pull off the look).

Points will be deducted for such transgressions as the guitar having a nickname, being available to buy as a signature model (Les Paul excepted), or if any part of it is made out of a mantelpiece. One point will be deducted for each sticker. Duck tape counts as a sticker.
    Let's save some time and just declare Mike Batio the winner.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'm not sure if they're particularly obscure but I'm in absolute lust for LAG guitars, their black guitars are just so gorgeous, and pretty affordable if you can find them
  • Slash
    Fruciante
    Fripp
    Reid
    Hendrix
    May
    Page
    Knopfler

I like British white boys apparently.
  • Prince basically pwned every instrument and the studio itself, it's kind of not on to have him in this at all.
  • Love the wackiness of seeing Bob Fripp get this far though. I wouldn't own an LPC without him.
  • Bunch of strong Signature Instruments in this line up - the Frankenstrat, the Red Special, Lucille, Hendrix's upside-down Olympic White bugger, Prince's faithful Madcat Tele, the clunk of a Gibson L-1, the uh Les Paul
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Marr
    King
    Fripp
    Paul

Prince
    Johnson
    Van Halen
    Knopfler
  • Slash
    King
    Hooker
    Paul

Hendrix
    Johnson
    Page
    Knopfler
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Slash
    King
    Hooker
    Reid
    Hendrix
    Johnson
    Page
    Clapton

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!