AI Dungeon - Grow your own story
‹ Previous1234567
  • https://play.aidungeon.io/

Basically a kind of AI generated text adventure that riffs off your inputs, can produce some shockingly lucid results.

Here's my first attempt at a playthough, choosing the fantasy preset (there's a bunch of other starting points too, including a custom one that you can have some fun with). It's very rough, I was quite lazy so mostly just played along with what it came up with, you can add alot of embellishment and use some commands to get it more sensible. The ending is how they often seem to end unless you really guide it, quite fun really. Spoilered to prevent text wall -
    Spoiler:
    All the lines following a > are my input, everything else was generated. It's quite good how it sort of remembers some stuff, but then wanders off on tangents. It's suprisingly similar to dreams actually, in that you rarely get the conclusion to any narrative, and everything just morphs as it goes on and doesn't quite make sense.

I particularly liked this gem -
    Spoiler:

It's a free online thing that you can run in a browser, if anyone makes any great stories or great nonsense feel free to share them.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Can we feed in the forum version and watch what happens?
  • Christ. This is unbelievable stuff, Jeff.
    Spoiler:
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's broken. I tried to buy an inflatable horse from the tavern and it had me carry a man through a window.
  • Christ. This is unbelievable stuff, Jeff.
    Spoiler:

Haha this is great.
  • Spoiler:
  • That ending fucking killed me, tears. Greg and his no daughters, what the fuck.
  • I enjoyed it but had to end due to other plans :)
  • I blasted to the moon, then shot myself in the head, only wake up in the morgue. What magic is powering this?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    This can go very bizarre places.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • My story rapidly turned into revenge based patricide that involved me spawning new guts after daddy got me with his pitchfork.
  • Apocalyptic survival story in which, prior to this point, I'd met a talking sword called Tych who proceeded to bury himself alive. Frank and Amanda had played no part in the story until this point:
    Spoiler:

Very odd
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Spoiler:

This is so good.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Spoiler:

I've a feeling this isn't really going anywhere.
  • You are Biltong, a punk living in the the futuristic city of Zail. You have a bag of drugs and a holoband. You wake up in a dark alley with bruises all over your body. You have no idea what happened. You stand up and see three Men appear. "Thought hiding in an alley was illegal." one says. "What the hell happened to you?" another asks. 
    > You say "Huzzah!" 
    You say "Huzzah!" This makes them laugh and you head off into the crowd with a spring in your step. This is the best day ever!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Never talk with your mouth open again!
  • I loved that line.

Very much enjoying everyone's stories, keep em coming. There's something about the nonsensical nature of the AI that just cracks me up.

In case anyone wasn't aware you can switch between different modes for input, Do/Say/Story, for actions/speech/and a mix of action and dialogue or narration. There's also an undo button if you mess up, or the AI totally misunderstands, and there's some other commands such as /remember which apparently makes the AI remember something important, I haven't bothered with that yet.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Spoiler:
    I've a feeling this isn't really going anywhere.

Yeah you have to sort of lead it a bit, give it some longer sentences of exposition with the story input mode occasionally. I find that it's important to keep remind it of stuff too, like in my story up top I kept referring to my undead friend Rask, otherwise it can seem to lose track or get distracted, kind of like actual dreams.

It has got way better at keeping track of story arcs and stuff, based on streams I've seen of it a little while ago. It does tend to want to give you constant events and randoms to deal with at every new location though. Like in my story there was some apocalyptic ice covering the world thing going on and then some Orc takeover, both of which I wilfully ignored.
  • If anyone wants to know if you can fuck the AI. The answer is yes. Yes you can.
  • I just get a white blank page on Safari and Brave on MacOS.  Anyone else got it working on a Mac?

edit; never mind, it's randomly started working!
  • Can you get to it through here? - https://aidungeon.io/
  • There are also app store versions - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ai-dungeon/id1491268416

Oh good you sorted it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    If anyone wants to know if you can fuck the AI. The answer is yes. Yes you can.
    Spoiler:
  • This is amazing.  My first Cyberpunk story had me meet a dark elf with a sword she couldn't use, who asked me to help her kill her ex who had bullied her.  The ex's war room was full of children in pyjamas who made me their King and built a golden statue of me.
  • Wtf, now I live in a floating ivory castle
  • This isn't very Cyberpunk
  • Now it's a space ship.  Being attacked by mutants.  I stopped the attack by deciding to be their king.
  • If anyone wants to know if you can fuck the AI. The answer is yes. Yes you can.
    Spoiler:

Hahaha. 

Cockblocked by an AI. Poor form. 

Srsly, though, the AI knows some absolute filth - early-20s DS (and current me) would have a field day with this.
‹ Previous1234567

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!