Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • Tempy wrote:
    None of this is to suggest you have misunderstood the game,, you've just only started and you're falling into the traps that everyone does.

THIS.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Whoops I ruined everything.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I know this must read like we're just trying to evade answering the question, but it's just a really hard question to answer!

Most important thing is scaling. You need some kind of scaling. Ironclad has limited scaling, it's mainly Demon From, which you need to unlock.

Silent has Noxious Fumes, Footwork and Caltrops which are all almost auto includes, nearly every Silent deck can benefit from those cards. You play them once and they offer immense value once they're played, with Noxious Fumes being the most obvious. You inevitably think off the back of Fumes that cards that interact with poison are then better, but quite often they don't add anything to the immense power of Fumes.
  • It took me ages to realise that explosion didn’t need to be a poison death.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ha. I had a stupid one like that where I didn’t realise Blur’s turns stacked, so play three and you get that block kept for three turns. What an idiot!

Adding to what has been said, and to give you an example of early play vs now. I was always trying to build “that deck” earlier on.

So I’d go for the strength deck for IC, or the block deck. Or I recall playing about 20 games trying to get the perfect claw deck for defect, because when you can get a great claw deck it is very satisfying to win like that, but the reality is you’ll far more losses trying to go for a style of deck like that.

I’ve just done a Defect run where I started out with a fair bit of lightning based cards, but as I was working through I took a few claws as I got Skim+ from a drop and figured it would allow me to ramp up damage. So I modified my thinking as I went and ended up as a weird combination of claw and lightning cards, along with quite a few power cards. The reason I was adding power cards, was due to the mummified hand relic, which meant I could pretty much use all my cards each turn. So again, I changed my plans as different options were presented to me.
  • Right I get it. Just feel shiz out for the time being. 
    Thanks all.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Just beat asc2 with ironclad, using a deck that had all the permanent Strength cards - denim form, inflame, spot weakness - and some sweet relics that gave me added energy and passive defence After a 6 month break from this it has it's hooks back in.
    UbZ66K7.png
    Gamertag: gremill
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Double denim form is better :-D

But nice one!
  • Ironclad in bootcut
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 2nd floor boss mans done. Got trounced before I could get to a bonfire on level 3.
  • Oh. Just completed a run with swordmans.
    Lots of block, damage when gaining block, metallise, gain block on attack and apotheosis. I almost shit a brick.
    Spoiler:
  • Easy this innit.

• b0r1s wrote:
    Nice. What did you got for in the end?

Dell G5 with the 2060 graphics card.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Oh. Just completed a run with swordmans.
    Lots of block, damage when gaining block, metallise, gain block on attack and apotheosis. I almost shit a brick.
    Spoiler:

Well.....

• I'm between ac2 and ac5 with the original characters on ios now.

Been fun returning. Still haven't got all unlocks yet.

Swinging for the fences every run and taking risks in act 1.

Win percentage probably still ok. Because if I get out of act1 I'm strong.

Still too obsessed with exhausting cards with ic.
  • I had a great IC run last night with generating wounds and exhausting non-attacks. It amazes me I can still have decks that play in ways I've not seen before.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I'd basically never used rampage before. Solid card.
  • It can be amazing with a small deck and/or headbutts in there.
  • I use headbutt all the time. Works with nearly every deck in some capacity.
  • Headbutt pretty much an instant pick if I don't already have one in the deck.
  • I must be missing something, I still haven't quite got the hang of this....   never progressed passed chapter 2
  • For optimum play I don’t think there are any instant picks. The closest card I can think of would be vault for the watcher
  • Or adrenaline for silent
  • oooh. Just beat it with The Silent. 
    Couldn't even explain the deck if I wanted to!
  • I must be missing something, I still haven't quite got the hang of this....   never progressed passed chapter 2
    It's really weird. You are defo at a bit of a disadvantage until you are at least two unlocks in on every character. 
    And the obvious decks and card combos aren't the ones I've been winning with.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Finally did the beat the game with a 5 card deck achievement, and defeated the Transient same run. Very satisfying.

pG3V7DQ.jpg
  • Beautiful, just beautiful.

I’ve been playing a bunch of Monster Train as my brain is incapable of doing anything useful recently. It’s really good, it requires a lot less of the nuance you need for StS as removing and duplicating cards is much easier to access so you can easily identify and pursue a deck archetype, instead of having to pursue utility.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Wouldn't mind a go of that, but I still feel like I've only scratched the surface of StS even though I've ploughed fuck only knows how many hours on Switch and Bone.
  • Ac9 with watcher on pc done.

Cracking on with ipad too. Still only mid single digit AC for the OG characters.

A lot of deaths experimenting and taking massive risks, some good lessons learned. Making signature move work with watcher is sooo fun.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just went for a double fasting+ plus deva form run on Watcher. I know you shouldn’t aim for particular build, but fasting came up early on then another. Didn’t survive long enough though cos rest of my hand was weak. That would be a sweet combo though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!