Currently Playing
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I also can't stop playing the Frisbee Golf modes in Wii Sports Resort and the Tiger Woods Wii games (with motionplus).
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Started Journey to the Savage Planet. Seems airtight, some nice humour, but early days. Is there a thread?

It’s really really good. Discounting LoU2 it’s been the best game I’ve played in ages.
  • Really tempted to get another sub set up to play WoWClassic. Anyone else here still play?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Started Journey to the Savage Planet. Seems airtight, some nice humour, but early days. Is there a thread?
    It’s really really good. Discounting LoU2 it’s been the best game I’ve played in ages.
    I should try it again. Bounced off it hard in the first 5 minutes. Like, to the point of not even figuring out the controls.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol yeah me too nearly, they click pretty fast tho!
  • Can't see that this'll be of interest to many of you, but I've been playing the beta for Ubisoft's upcoming sci-fi urban battle royale, Hyper Scape. It's a game most definitely aimed at the Apex crowd, it's crazy fast with crazy mobility, and some of the plays I've seen have boggled my mind.

You get a very nice looking city to explore, pings are in, as are double-jumps as standard, no fall damage, sliding speeds you up a little, and fixed jump pads are all over the place in case all that mobility isn't enough. The weapon pool is small, but on finding another gun the same as yours you can upgrade it. Ammo is all one type, which I appreciate very much. 

Rather than heroes with set abilities, your choice of character is purely cosmetic and you find abilities as drops. These include armour and healing, so you have to decide between tanking up or being able to teleport, use heat-seeking mines, or whatever else you like the look of. You get to hold two of these at any time, same for guns. 

The map collapses randomly area by area (with a very cool visual effect) rather than via a closing circle, and every so often limited time events spice things up with modifiers like low grav, infinite ammo, and such. Oh, and dying doesn't end your usefulness to the team as you become a ghost and can scout and ping at will before respawning at the point of a downed enemy. You can win by eliminating everyone else (obvs), or by capturing and holding on to the crown that spawns in the end game.

Performance has been pretty damn impressive so far. It runs very nicely on my setup and the connections have been as smooth and stable as I could ask for. 

It's early days, but I kinda like what I've played. It doesn't shake things up like Apex did, but it does add a cool setting and effortless verticality and platforming to the tried and tested mix. If you like a fast-paced FPS multiplayer I reckon it'll be at least worth trying when it launches on PC and consoles soon. 

• 48 levels into Hyperdot.  It's very good but I'm tempted to just not play the ice stages.  

Also played a bit of Portal 2 and started Sonic Mania Encore mode again today.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah the ice stuff isn't great, but it's about the only misstep... Clear all 100 or GTFO.
  • Can't see that this'll be of interest to many of you, but I've been playing the beta for Ubisoft's upcoming sci-fi urban battle royale, Hyper Scape. It's a game most definitely aimed at the Apex crowd, it's crazy fast with crazy mobility, and some of the plays I've seen have boggled my mind. You get a very nice looking city to explore, pings are in, as are double-jumps as standard, no fall damage, sliding speeds you up a little, and fixed jump pads are all over the place in case all that mobility isn't enough. The weapon pool is small, but on finding another gun the same as yours you can upgrade it. Ammo is all one type, which I appreciate very much.  Rather than heroes with set abilities, your choice of character is purely cosmetic and you find abilities as drops. These include armour and healing, so you have to decide between tanking up or being able to teleport, use heat-seeking mines, or whatever else you like the look of. You get to hold two of these at any time, same for guns.  The map collapses randomly area by area (with a very cool visual effect) rather than via a closing circle, and every so often limited time events spice things up with modifiers like low grav, infinite ammo, and such. Oh, and dying doesn't end your usefulness to the team as you become a ghost and can scout and ping at will before respawning at the point of a downed enemy. You can win by eliminating everyone else (obvs), or by capturing and holding on to the crown that spawns in the end game. Performance has been pretty damn impressive so far. It runs very nicely on my setup and the connections have been as smooth and stable as I could ask for.  It's early days, but I kinda like what I've played. It doesn't shake things up like Apex did, but it does add a cool setting and effortless verticality and platforming to the tried and tested mix. If you like a fast-paced FPS multiplayer I reckon it'll be at least worth trying when it launches on PC and consoles soon. 
    Hmmm, that could go either way. Crowded market.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Can't see that this'll be of interest to many of you, but I've been playing the beta for Ubisoft's upcoming sci-fi urban battle royale, Hyper Scape. It's a game most definitely aimed at the Apex crowd, it's crazy fast with crazy mobility, and some of the plays I've seen have boggled my mind. You get a very nice looking city to explore, pings are in, as are double-jumps as standard, no fall damage, sliding speeds you up a little, and fixed jump pads are all over the place in case all that mobility isn't enough. The weapon pool is small, but on finding another gun the same as yours you can upgrade it. Ammo is all one type, which I appreciate very much.  Rather than heroes with set abilities, your choice of character is purely cosmetic and you find abilities as drops. These include armour and healing, so you have to decide between tanking up or being able to teleport, use heat-seeking mines, or whatever else you like the look of. You get to hold two of these at any time, same for guns.  The map collapses randomly area by area (with a very cool visual effect) rather than via a closing circle, and every so often limited time events spice things up with modifiers like low grav, infinite ammo, and such. Oh, and dying doesn't end your usefulness to the team as you become a ghost and can scout and ping at will before respawning at the point of a downed enemy. You can win by eliminating everyone else (obvs), or by capturing and holding on to the crown that spawns in the end game. Performance has been pretty damn impressive so far. It runs very nicely on my setup and the connections have been as smooth and stable as I could ask for.  It's early days, but I kinda like what I've played. It doesn't shake things up like Apex did, but it does add a cool setting and effortless verticality and platforming to the tried and tested mix. If you like a fast-paced FPS multiplayer I reckon it'll be at least worth trying when it launches on PC and consoles soon. 
    Hmmm, that could go either way. Crowded market.

It’s getting a lot of good talk I think and (as if this means anything to me) the Twitch numbers have been big and somehow this means it’s a success.
  • I definitely gonna play me some Hyperscape.
  • You can get beta access via Twitch streams so the numbers are pretty boosted atm, but yeah it's a decent game from what I've played. Having said that that I've got no idea if it's got what it takes to stand out and stick around.

I mean shit, I liked Dirty Bomb. And Battleborn. And Lawbreakers...
  • Just in case people were avoiding the digital decks thread:

The headlines recently have been taken by the announcements of THPS 1&2 and Skate 4, but if you remember Xbox's presser last E3 they showed a trailer for a indie skateboarding game called Session. After it being on steam early access for a while, it finally hit console via Xbox Game Preview couple weeks ago (£16.49 w/2hr trial).

In short, this game is the Gran Turismo to THPS' Mario Kart, and Skate's Need For Speed. It requires time and patience to unlearn years of input memory from either previous other franchises (I'd still visit Skate 3 every now and again), but what you get is a brilliantly deep and responsive, somehow super relaxing, absolute joy of a game in return. By making you appreciate each small gain in tricks landed, it turns exploration of a relatively okay sized map into a massive, almost never ending set of possibilities.

There's nothing quite like finding a new spot, setting a respawn marker down and just seeing what comes out. The decently curated "chill hop FM" helps a lot too. Can I land that gap? Can I flip into and out of that grind? What about rotations? So if I do that backside, how can I make it frontside? What about a nollie? You have to then think about your inputs with the sticks and how it'll all come together. And with the great SFX, when something lands clean, man, you can be beaming with pride in yourself. It's amazing. Good to note there's also a pretty deep video editor already in the game, with some results I've gotten looking like edits from a 2000s VHS tape we used to pass around school.

It really is dedicated to showing the sport in the most authentic light. The dev team are apparently avid skaters, and they've (so far) been really good at keeping fans updated and having community spot challenges and news with updates. There's more to come in levels and features, and yeah it can very briefly show some jank or crash in the video editor, but even after this short time I can safely say we might have another xtremeee sportz legend on our hands to go with the other goats. Its that good.

Give it the two hours and think with your feet/sticks. It'll soon become clear. This is a fantastic game that any fan of any THPS, Skate, SSX, Dave Mirra should be getting into. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Good time for former skate dweebs.
  • (A twitter thread of highlights I've skated can be found here.)
  • Halfway through Portal 2. Outstanding game, co-op was excellent too.
  • A Way Out with my daughter in co-op and it’s a frickin’ delight!  We aren’t out of prison yet but we’re well on our way.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Halfway through Portal 2. Outstanding game, co-op was excellent too.

Pile of shame. Really need to get back to it. I got it after reading an entry in the love/gush about thread.
  • Mass Effect 2 and Portal 2 are next on my Pile list after their high positions in the B&B Game of the Decade poll.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Portal 2 is so damn good. I've been thinking about replaying that for a while.

ME2 is a mainstay on my 'I'll play that next' list and still haven't got around to it. If only I had more time and less distractions!
  • Do Portal 2 first then take your time over ME2.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My replay of Mario Odyssey is incredible. First time round I wasn't a fan of just finding a moon by looking at a thing, but this time, with knowing the ending (in as much as that's a thing) or the worlds, it's amazing to rediscover them.

I've compared my OG save file (612 moons) with my new one and I've literally found new moons that I hadn't discovered before.

I'm only on Tostada Kingdom but it is melting my brain and feels like a new game.
  • I picked the 360 version up for buttons after the GotG love on here, will pass on when I'm done if anyone wants it (Portal 2).  My main memory was of the spectacularly good co-op campaign but the sp mode is doing the business for me atm.  

I loved Mass Effect 2 and I don't tend to play anything RGPish like that (didn't play the first game and lost interest in the third early on).  The sci fi universe was superbly done, better than most TV shows imo.  Good music too.  Combat might be a bit of a slog nowadays but it's one of the most enjoyable 'build a team' types I've played.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I started Witcher 3 recently but all the 'go here, talk to this person' stuff early on really put me off. I'm sure it opens up more so really want to go back to it. I think I'm in one of those phases where I'm just finding it difficult to commit to a big game.

I've mostly been testing the waters of lots of things:

World of Warships really grabbed me for a while and still dip into it now and then. Looks great, solid mechanics and really satisfying to sink an enemy ship. Also made good progress with unlocks without needing to spend actual money which is refreshing.

Totally Accurate Battle Simulator also hooked me in for a couple of weeks. At first I was just enjoying messing around but playing through the adventure modes throws up some quite tough challenges. The variety of units you can use and the combinations is incredible and even when I thought I'd found an OP unit that would beat any enemy type, there are those that counter it so you have to rethink strategies and use trial and error. Great stuff.

Minecraft Dungeons is good fun and has become more challenging than I initially expected so still holding my interest. It appeals to the completionist in me too and exploring every corner of the maps is often rewarded.

Also had brief blasts on Streets of Rogue (which I'll be going back to), West of Dead (which I won't) and recently been enjoying Firefight on Halo MCC, some great game modes I never knew about.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I picked the 360 version up for buttons after the GotG love on here, will pass on when I'm done if anyone wants it (Portal 2).  My main memory was of the spectacularly good co-op campaign but the sp mode is doing the business for me atm.   I loved Mass Effect 2 and I don't tend to play anything RGPish like that (didn't play the first game and lost interest in the third early on).  The sci fi universe was superbly done, better than most TV shows imo.  Good music too.  Combat might be a bit of a slog nowadays but it's one of the most enjoyable 'build a team' types I've played.

Co-op definitely where it's at for Portal 2.

I finished Mass Effect and sure I started 2 around the time it came out so can't remember why I stopped. Be interesting to see if the combat holds up but agree that whole universe is incredible.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've hit new donk city and done *that* bit and it's still stunning.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've fallen down the Wii Tiger Woods rabbit hole. Progressed from frisbee golf to actual golf with the old trusty M+ dongles. Is quite something.  TW2011 has 5 modes of control....2 of which require M+ and 1 which will work with or without it. The 2 lower levels are super accessible with the lowest practically playing for you - but the highest one - it switches to first person view of the ball for striking and you can actually miss the ball if you don't swing right......the head of the club moves pretty close to 1:1 with the old m+. Impressive stuff for a 9 year old game.

Not messing with that! Was playing one level down (advanced plus) from that and after 8 or 9 holes the game asked me to perhaps move down a level to advanced. Advanced only takes into account wrist rolling, plus seems to make an effort at tracking your swing. Played 18 holes and finished +28.......had a couple of 10s in there though as my ball was attracted to the water several times in a row.

These games have a pile of content - they've been languishing in my pile of shame. Pity I didn't play them when the online stuff was live - looked to be pretty good - you play along with live PGA events. :)   The weather was set real time off the Wiis' weather channel if you wanted. Cute.

Graphics are Wii level but not half bad - I'm easily pleased that way anyhow. It seems though that the Wii versions were generally considered superior because of the control and the fact that you had all the courses in the disc - no DLC nonsense. Wii has the frisbee modes too.
  • Nothing for a while.  Only right, perhaps, that I take a break after such an affecting game (in many and various ways) as The last of Us Part II.

Also, I'm hooked on Dark on Netflix, so thee's that.  On S2:E2 now.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I actually think I've hurt my back playing bloody TW golf with motion plus. Lockdown conditioning...

I switched over to EA's other M+ game. Grand Slam Tennis. I have no memory of playing this but it's a cracker. They have played to the Wii's shortcomings by dialling the graphics down and have used an amusing caraciture style for the players with a big fat cartoon ball and I actually really like it.

With m+ this is a proper game of skill. With arcade tennis games you usually don't have to worry about "outs" but it will happen here if you time your swing incorrectly. The remote vibrates really gently as you hit the ball - it's a splendid little touch. 

Really nice game this - still pick up and play even with m+, and you add nunchucks for manual positioning if you really get into it.

Virtus Tennis on Wii was poor - this is great stand in for it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Back at Cuphead - had left it for a few days while rifling through the old Wii library. Cleared a few more this evening. On the last boss fight of Island 2 - on 47%- near half way. The enjoyment isn't fading.
  • It's a very good game and some of the standout bosses/patterns appear late on.  Often tempted to play it in single player.  Was quite well balanced in co-op on the whole, although we did drop to sp to get through one or two stages iirc.  Overall it's probably a touch easier in co-op because of the (often risky) revive move, but the bosses soak up insane amounts of damage in 2p.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!