regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It is that time again - time to dunk on the stuff that just didn't do it for you. Remember this isn't the most disappointing game of the year (hello 3D All Stars) but the worst.

Rules are the same as as always -

Top 3 games, ranked. If you don't rank, I will take them as 1-3 from top to bottom. Points allocated thusly

1 = 5pts
    2 = 2 pts
    3 = 1 pt

You only get one chance, no edits or revisions, so time your choices.

And let's a go.

Shitlist

Bleeding Edge - 10
    Final Fantasy 7 Remake - 6
    Deliver Us The Moon - 5
    Doctor Who: The Edge of Time - 5
    DOOM Eternal - 5
    Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos - 5
    Ghosts of Tsushima - 5
    Hades - 5
    Mount And Blade Warlord - 5
    Mario and Sonic at the 2020 Olympics - 5
    Resident Evil 3 Remake - 5
    Streets of Rage 4 - 5
    Carrion - 2
    Daymare - 2
    Drone Swarm - 2
    Hotshot Racing - 2
    The Last Of Us 2 - 2
    Animal Crossing - 1
    Gears Tactics - 1
    Super Punch Patrol - 1

voters
    BHD
    Reddave
    Wookienopants
    Livdiv
    Tempy
    Frantic
    MattyJ
    MK64
    DS
    Moot
    Tiger
    Hylian
    Cocha
    Uncle
  • Gets popcorn. Not sure I've played any stinkers this year. Need to think.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I can only think of two. I haven't played a lot and the stuff I played I played extensively.
  • I mean I could have a think but then I could also pick three random GamePass efforts that lasted minutes on my hard drive after playing for the first and only time.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Everything is valid as long as you can reconcile in your head that you 'played' it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Can it be older games that I played for the first time this year?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No. It is the worst game of 2020. None of that muddiness of the other thread. I will accept you playing a game that released on a new system in 2020.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    bDK6sLr.jpg

Glitchy, repetitive, convention breaking mess of a PCVR game, stripped to the bones and ported for the Quest. Never clicked refund faster.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's you Hair, no others BTW. But at least it is in the lead so far!
  • Sonic at the Tokyo Olympics 2020 on ios and android. I haven't actually played it but the sheer stupidity of putting it out is amaze balls.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Mount and Blade : Warband.
    I played it for a Game Pass achievement quest and it was utter utter garbage
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Sonic at the Tokyo Olympics 2020 on ios and android. I haven't actually played it but the sheer stupidity of putting it out is amaze balls.

Games not played don't get on it
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mount and Blade : Warband.

On the list
  • I have played one genuine stinker this year (22%!), and a certain big licence GaaS travesty.

But hey, there's still time for more, right? Who knows what the next couple of months could bring?
  • There are games I have been disappointed with but I couldn't really say are bad, likewise some GP games just haven't been to my taste but would be wrong to label them as the worst.

I'm going to go with Bleeding Edge.
    It is such a nothing game band wagon jumping on a sub genre but with nothing much to say for itself. Still not really the worst game ever, it functions fine and has some gameplay to it. My dislike primarily comes from the fact dev time on this could have been spent on something considerably more interesting, Ninja Theory have the chops.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Mount and Blade : Warband.

Yup. Thought that would be up my street but it's genuinely awful, even giving it a bit of leniency for being "free" to try on game pass. Feels like something from 20 years ago.
  • The only two games I have reviewed this year were buggy messes, with tedious mechanics and a real sense that the devs just didn’t know how to balance the combat sequences to make them interesting or enjoyable. Playing some amateur games that really suffer from bugs and fundamental design flaws makes you realise how competent even the most banal of AAA games are.

Those two games were The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos, and Drone Swarm.

Both failed their fundamental concepts due to bugs and poor design. I hear that the former has been parches to not be so buggy, and especially to not have a game breaking bug 30 hours in, whereas the latter just misunderstands the appeal of its central concept.

The third game on the list would be FF7R. It’s a pretty good game but it works against itself in so many ways: the tight pacing of the original is now gone, replaced with tedious filler quests and long segments of traversal and button pushing to make it lengthy enough to justify its price tag. Combat should be amazing, but is frequently kneecapped by bizarre choices such as enemy aoe attacks you have no time to dodge that then stun your characters for an amount of time that feels punitive, and flying enemies that love to hover tantalisingly out of reach. The less said about the last hour or so the better. It’s definitely more of a 7/10 than a true stinker, but for me it just failed a bunch of fundamental stuff.
  • Mount and Blade : Warband.

Yup. Thought that would be up my street but it's genuinely awful, even giving it a bit of leniency for being "free" to try on game pass. Feels like something from 20 years ago.

It was borderline unplayable. As soon as I got the achievement I deleted the game

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Sonic at the Tokyo Olympics 2020 on ios and android. I haven't actually played it but the sheer stupidity of putting it out is amaze balls.
    Games not played don't get on it

Yeah, fair enough.

I havent played much that fits both new and poor but I think I would toss both Hotshot Racing and Gears Tactics into this. 

Hotshot racing should be an ideal fit for me and fill that Outrun 2/ Burnout 2 void on console for me but it suffers on the levels being mostly flat and just the worst rubber banding. It wasnt terrible but I was very disappointed.

Gears Tactics follows a similar feel. I cant say its awful but I'm a sucker for Gears and I've enjoyed many a squad tactic Game in my time (X-com: Enemy Within got multi-playthroughs on both my ps3 and on my pc) but Gears just felt joyless and clunky. I didnt give it enough time but it should have been grabbing me straight away. 

Id' feel bad calling either of these 2 games terrible, but in terms of new games they are my worst of the year I think.
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    FFVII and Gears Tactics on this list absolute insane scenes already you crazy people.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hades, The Last of Us 2 and Animal Crossing for me please.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Welp.
  • For most devisive... Could put Doom Eternal on there. Only played a couple of levels so far but hasn't grabbed me anywhere near as well as the first
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So thats on my list.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Also that's you done.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Welp.

That was a joke BTW. I'm not insane.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm afraid the die has been cast as per rules
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I didn't even read the rules. Please remove my suggestions or you'll be hearing from my Lawyer.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Your lawyer is Ozno. I am afraid you are out of luck.
  • Bleeding Edge is a good shout. There was something there, but it just didn't hang together at all and was very poor to play in the end. Felt like a half-baked prototype.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Resi 3.

Utter fucking shit.
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!