Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    If it does continuous movement i cant yet, makes me nauseous right now.
    My friend gave me good tips for if you want to try and work towards getting used to it. He said to turn on continuous movement and play it just until you start to feel off or queasy and then stop and turn it over to teleport or just have a break. Don't try and force it, wait a while before trying again. Keep doing that and you'll slowly get used to it and do it for longer. I did it through playing Alyx and we'll before the end I was playing it totally continuous. Much better playing it that way too.

Cheers Shabby, I'll do that tomorrow when I have my proper sesh on it.
  • Yeah first few times I tired Pavlov (which is continuous only) I felt seasick after about 20 mins. Definitely stop at the first tinge of “woah, this is making me a bit squiffy” otherwise it can become quite unpleasant and aversive. After a while you get more and more used to it until now I can sprint around in the game for a good hour or so Witt no ill effects other than pwning noobs.
  • Picked up my quest today, have everything reinstalled very easily, just shot up some bots in Pavlov. Remembering how to reload each of the guns is frustrating and satisfying.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Nice one Nick, £150 yeah?

Annoyingly some Oculus games such as Saints & Sinners are not cross buy. One of the benefits of 'Virtual Desktop' is when faced with this decision, if you buy the graphically better Rift version on the Oculus Store, you can stream it to the Quest (through a dedicated router). The downside is the game isn't loaded on your headset, but mostly you'll be playing at home so...

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just tried the Beat Saber demo. 20 minutes felt like 2. Instant purchase.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Had a quick play of some of the free stuff after setting up Oculus link on the PC. Really is groundbreaking stuff. Elixir and First Contact are nice way to feel your way into the experience, looking forward to seeing the kids reaction on Xmas day.

A few more hours testing some purchases tomorrow and I’ll pack it away.
    Things can only get better.
  • Try Aircar. It's not much of a game but graphically it's a pretty amazing taste of teh future.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Great stuff in here, and a reminder (to me) about keeping hold of the joy playing video games.
  • Nice one Nick, £150 yeah?

Yeah, can't argue at that price, got a case, headstrap padding attachment and headphones too, although I'm not sold on second hand earbuds tbh.

Gonna pick up Rez at some point, just enjoying the shooting range and bots in Pavlov atm though. Considering getting one of those stock attachments and going full kit wanker.

• Any other options for getting an Elite strap with battery pack quicker than 11th November from the Oculus store?
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah Im also wondering if anywhere has elite strap on its own stock.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Gonna pick up Rez at some point, just enjoying the shooting range and bots in Pavlov atm though. Considering getting one of those stock attachments and going full kit wanker.
    If you enjoy buggering about with guns, “Gun Club VR” is good fun - maybe a bit older now but when I first got my Quest that was the game I spent most time with. The range games really reminded me of the fun I used to have in the arcade on Point Blank.
    https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2285803881494677/?locale=en_GB
  • Just tried the Beat Saber demo. 20 minutes felt like 2. Instant purchase.

You played Pistol Whip? I love beat Saber but Pistol Whip is king. Makes you feel like such a badass.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Will keep saying this 'till blue in the face: turn off the UI for both as they pull you out of the experience. Watching scores = bores.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Try Aircar. It's not much of a game but graphically it's a pretty amazing taste of teh future.

Will check it out, thanks.

I assumed as everything is right up in your eyeballs that I’d need my reading glasses on, nice surprise that I don’t need them at all. Everything does seem to be better in VR!

Things can only get better.
  • Yeah it's focused so the focal point is some distance away. With the Index it's a little over a metre.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Putting this into 90hz and increasing texture resolution is shit hot. Games look crisp at 2560. Tried Tetris and Moss, no performance dip and oh my days.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Had it a day and already tinkering under the hood.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Always have too man. Its the beauty of tech.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    As you enjoyed that slice of Beat Saber so much, the custom track scene is so worth adding to that growing list of things to fanny with.
  • As you enjoyed that slice of Beat Saber so much, the custom track scene is so worth adding to that growing list of things to fanny with.

Seconded. The custom track scene is the real dark souls.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • What would be a realistic system spec to facilitate playing Pavlov on the Quest 2 over Virtual Desktop?
  • Why not just play the Quest version natively?
  • Better visuals on the PC version I'm guessing.

Speaking of - I'm up for some pavlov any evening this week I think.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    What would be a realistic system spec to facilitate playing Pavlov on the Quest 2 over Virtual Desktop?

Are you upgrading / after a preformed or build your own?
    Personally don't feel qualified recommending anything other than having 16g RAM.

• Are you upgrading / after a preformed or build your own? Personally don't feel qualified recommending anything other than having 16g RAM.

I currently only have an old Dell 7010 i5 3470, 8Gb RAM, 240GB SSD with a GT 1030 card that I have connected to my TV for emulation. I got all excited watching Pavlov videos and then realised that it is PCVR rather than just Quest 2, so the natural progression is to see if it would be feasible for my system to run it with a better card and more RAM. Is it a 980 TI that is the minimum required?
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    Are you upgrading / after a preformed or build your own? Personally don't feel qualified recommending anything other than having 16g RAM.
    I currently only have an old Dell 7010 i5 3470, 8Gb RAM, 240GB SSD with a GT 1030 card that I have connected to my TV for emulation. I got all excited watching Pavlov videos and then realised that it is PCVR rather than just Quest 2, so the natural progression is to see if it would be feasible for my system to run it with a better card and more RAM. Is it a 980 TI that is the minimum required?

It is available on Quest also as a standalone 'Pavlov Shack' although takes a hit on visuals/features. Latest build is on their Discord so maybe give that a shot.
  • nick_md wrote:
    It is available on Quest also as a standalone 'Pavlov Shack' although takes a hit on visuals/features. Latest build is on their Discord so maybe give that a shot.

Yes, but it looks a bit grim in comparison.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Managed half hour on continuous movement before the feeling set in. Gonna try again in a bit.

Alyx looks mint just a shame link is still at Quest 1 res.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!