Superdooper IT Geeks Questions
  • Anyone work with Office 365 authentication?

Q. When you request a Oauth 2.0 access token to Office 365 is that token stored in active directory? Or does AD forward that request to the O365 tenant if you have Azure AD setup?

You'd think this is an easy Google, but no its not.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Not an expert, but I thought the token wasn't the overall thing, it was a signing thing, so it wouldn't really be stored anywhere long term, but revalidated at the server maybe?

But in yeah I don't imagine it's stored in AD anyway.
  • The access token is a JSON web Token in base 64 encoding so i didnt think it would be stored in non azure AD.

Just found my answer btw, the AzureAD tenant does the authentication of the user. As someone dropped the token into a decoder and found the information in there. Thanks though muzzy.

Why cant MS make this stuff easy to find on internet I'll never understand. They recently pulled their entire archive of PKI solutions pages. Luckily some supergeek archived them all into a zip file so that was a much appreciated download and never ever delete folder.
  • Anyway i really need to get my Azure architect certifications done at somepoint. Dont have any day to day involvement with Azure but its a gaping holenin my MS knowledge. Just got a CISSP to pass first. Dunno when im supposed to find time for playing games. Sigh.
  • Have you tried pressing X to JSON?
  • I tried up,down,lefr,right,x,y,a,b but no cheat code available.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    MS Azure seems to be in a constant state of flux with continuous "improvement". Anyone taking on accreditation has my admiration as it looks like a treadmill.

it's an absolute beast of an environment and if you want to be sure of minimising data egress charges you need to know your stuff. Even moving stuff around inside Azure can generate charges - something to do with moving between network security groups if I remember right from an overview session I attended a while back. 

It's great stuff and the power of script defined infrastructure tickles the old developer in me. But it's chilling what can go wrong if you aren't over it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Can't believe I got my geek answer wrong. About the product that I now help produce. Worst need ever.
  • Can I hijack this with an IT question?

Corporate IT just fucked up again and seem to have done something whereby all 4 of our browsers are blocking login access to various websites, including one that we use for ordering.

I always have to chase them up and suggest reasons why this might be (because they're a bit crap and currently clueless). Last time something similar happened it was a case of certain scripts being blocked.

Is anyone familiar with websites enought to be able to look at http://libraries.peters.co.uk/ and suggest why everything in the left hand frame (the username and password boxes and all the text) is not displaying at all? This is across Chrome, Mozilla, Edge and IE, so it must be a blanket restriction, plus it's the same on my colleagues' logins, but not for the helpdesk staff.

I also got login errors on 2 other sites saying saying something about not being able to process captchas (one was the Guardian).

Thanks in advance to anyone able to advise.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Looks OK on Chrome on my MacBook at home.

It could be a reference to a URL somewhere that is blocked. For example the page references resources in the ajax.googleapis.com subdomain that might be blocked.

That's a popular open source resource but if your organisation has it blocked then that could cause issues.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Might be best to check site settings for the page in chrome/browser, could be a plug-in or something set to block rather than allow? With sites like that for work I always just set everything to ‘allow’, be damned the consequences!
  • Thank you both!

I'll have a conversation with support on Monday and ask if it's a problem with whitelisting because there's definitely elements that are not being fetched from a number of sites, and it could be googleapis.

Cosmic - sadly all these settings are closed off to me at work!
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Hey everyone, I've got a mate who's having trouble with his PC build and can't find a solution that works.

The problem is that his Steam library reads his hard drive as connected in the Bios, but not windows disk management... any ideas?

Cheers!
  • Need more info, not sure what that means.
  • It might be difficult, I know, doing this by proxy, but thought I'd give it a shot anyway.
  • Ah ok I will try and get more info, cheers
  • ZMM wrote:
    Hey everyone, I've got a mate who's having trouble with his PC build and can't find a solution that works.

The problem is that his Steam library reads his hard drive as connected in the Bios, but not windows disk management... any ideas?

Cheers!

Go to disk mgmt in Windows OS, do a resacan and check the disk is online. Basically it should be listed as disc 0 or disc 1 or disc 2 etc. Right click in that window and there should be an option to bring it online. Basically BIOS is recognising it but its not been brought online in the OS.

DO NOT FORMAT THE DRIVE if it offers the option.
  • Ah awesome cheers, will go back with this see what he says :) thank you
  • Forgot to mention "Rescan" is in the action tab at top of disk mgmt window.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    his Steam library reads his hard drive as connected in the Bios

I don't understand what that means.
  • Kow wrote:
    his Steam library reads his hard drive as connected in the Bios

I don't understand what that means.

When he goes into the BIOS menu and looks at the drives that are connected, its showing up there.

• Yeah the disk management thing will probably help Windows find it and get it mounted.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ok, by Steam library then he means a particular hard drive?
  • Yes that was my presumption. People do that so they can take their library with them to a friends or plug it into another pc/laptop etc.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!