Touchdowns, slam dunks, home runs and slap shots
‹ Previous1234567130
  • We had an American sports thread over on the old place so I thought I would see if anyone was interested in another.

My attention is on the baseball season - again - and it's been an intriguing first six weeks. A perfect game, a no hitter, four homers in one game by the same guy, Baltimore are surprising everyone and for Boston Red Sox fans, the sky is falling.

Also, if you have a 360, you can download the MLB TV app, which plays a free live game every single night from now through September. I subscribed during Spring Training, so I've been watching a lot of games but the fact you can watch a free game is kinda cool.
  • NBA player called Metta World Peace is pretty mental.

• Ron Ron you legend.

He's been mental for a long long time. Always entertaining. Great defender though. And came up clutch for LA 2 years ago in the Finals.

I was hammering NBA online for a while at the start of the season, but they "upgraded" and the picture has been stuttery as fuck for a while. Really annoying, given it's more expensive than MLB.tv.

Hopefully they pull the finger out for the rest of the playoffs. I plan to catch LAC's second round series.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • How many lush beards does the NBA currently field.
  • A few hundred, Brooks.

You fellows are missing out on classic ESPN sportsnight NBA recaps. 

They are/were amazing!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    As in "poor Jenny, she has no idea that she's been Allen's beard for the past 5 years" ?
  • Harden is right up there.

Reggie evans
    reggie-evans.jpg

James-Harden.jpg
    But yeah, harden may be the winnar.

There's a few white boys with some shit stubble.

tumblr_ljvulrWArC1qj9ijdo1_400.jpg

Oh yeah, I quite like Baron's. It's a bit more structured though. he's put in work.

• cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    If you want honkies with beards, you've all just reminded me it's Ice Hockey World Championships time. Not sure how Finland are going to do, a lot of kids, or are the old timers still hanging on?
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Fuck you Canada, also fuck you America, but boy we showed the French and them Kazahkstanis
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Living near Toronto I have the privilege of supporting the worst bunch of MLB, NBA and NHL teams going, I thought the Jays were going to challenge this season, but so far they've been mediocre. Oh, I forgot we also have an MLS team too and they're as shite as the rest, I didn't move here for the sports thankfully.
    Things can only get better.
  • Well, things are promising. Watching OKC v LA right now, and it's running well.

Fingers crossed.
  • @mannaboy The Jays have a good team and the season isn't even two months old. That said, I think next season is a more likely season for the Jays to get the extra wildcard spot. Brett Lawrie is a great player and is fun to watch. They definitely need some pitching help.
  • After game 1 of LA OKC, I could defo see a sweep. LA look old tired and slow.

However, perkins went off injured, and they were hitting js out the ass, so we'll see.
  • mannaboy wrote:
    Living near Toronto I have the privilege of supporting the worst bunch of MLB, NBA and NHL teams going, I thought the Jays were going to challenge this season, but so far they've been mediocre. Oh, I forgot we also have an MLS team too and they're as shite as the rest, I didn't move here for the sports thankfully.

The Jays commercials on TSN are fucking emotionally intense, eh?
  • Winnipeg Jets are still a bit cack, I see.

(Why is this post in italics?)
  • WorKid wrote:
    Winnipeg Jets are still a bit cack, I see. (Why is this post in italics?)

Well, they're a brand new team. What would you expect from them?
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    google wrote:
    mannaboy wrote:
    The Jays commercials on TSN are fucking emotionally intense, eh?

You mean Sportsnet? Rogers are putting a lot of effort into them on and off the field, that certainly isn't the problem. I realize it's a bit early in the season, but the last few games haven't given me confidence they'll have a stellar season. If Bautista starts firing again that may turn them around sharpish, we'll see.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Question from one who only really watches the NFL here and there:

Patriots this season, yay or nay? I ask as my dad's supported them since the mid-80s, and it's kinda been passed out (I know the rules, and, well...I know fuck all else!)
  • Indiana may well push a boshless miami. Excellent. series tied 1-1.

First quarter of LAC v SAS has been awesome. LAC are battered though.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    So USA vs Suomi again for the quarter final, gonna be a tricky game, heres hoping Finland don't get bumped again. Also highlights, full games and extras all on youtube through username icehockey. Nice to see a sports governing body say, hey we don't have a tv deal in that country, what are we losing by putting it out there. Great forward thinking from the IIHF there
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    After a mini sweep of the Yankees in convincing fashion, the Jays are currently 14-1 up against the Mets, so yeah maybe I was being hasty.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Wow, just caught the Fin-USA quarter final, what a game, from lose 5-0 a week before, to winning 3-2 in the important game, winner in the last ten seconds. God I love this game

The Semis tomorrow, talk about two grudge games. Finland-Russia at 1230, then Czech-Slovakia at 1630. No love lost between either of those two pairs of countries. Russia looking brilliant though, come on the Lions
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Right, found the stream on youtube, cracking first quarter, Finland one up, now 2-1 down. Whoever wins this should walk the final. Russia are as strong as fuck, Yevgeni Malkin is a machine. Still think we've got a chance though, plenty of game left to play
  • Kerry Wood retired last night after striking out Dayan Viciedo. I saw him pitch at Wrigley Field in the late Nineties and he was quite something. The Cubs perhaps put too much on the backs of Wood and Mark Prior back then in an attempt to win it all, but the team came close but just couldn't step up. Great player and it was nice to see the White Sox players applaud Wood when he left the mound last night.
  • mettax-wide-community.jpg
  • So, even though none of the series are done yet, it'll be SA v OKC in the West.

Clippers just blew a 24 point lead. SA look amazing though.

Reckon the overall champs will come from the west, at this stage.

Indy are taking it to MIA, and if Bosh doesn't return, it could be Indy v (probably) Boston in the east.

Interesting times.
  • So San Antonio sweep LAC. Barely raised a sweat, no injuries, Timmy looks fresh as a daisy, and they now get to wait while OKC and the Lakers bash each other up.

Miami tied up their series with Indy, but it's probably going 7 games.
  • So Indy self destructed and Miami improved.

Conference finals:

West SAS v OKC: San Antonio up 2-0. Won both on their home court. Their third quarter in game 2 was sublime.

East: Miami v Boston: Miami up 1-0. Boston look battered. Will only go 5-6 games because of boston pride.
  • And Boston gave it their best, but it's 2-0 MIA. Rondo all but triple doubled with 44 points, and they still lost in OT. Sweep is not out of the question. Although, as I said, Boston will probably milk one win somewhere.

have to think SAS are favs, the only thing that's tricky to judge is injuries and the length of the series. If SAS get taken seven games and get banged up, then MIA get an edge, if they both get things done quickly, then I'd have to go with SAS. Bosh is still out for MIA, if he can come back for a couple of games v Boston then hit the Finals fresh, all bets are off.

Boston will need to find a way to rebuild for next season.

OKC, assuming they lose again, are going to have to make some tough calls. Their big three are awesome, and they have some solid bench players and big men, but they lack versatility and scoring outside of Westbrook, Durant and Harden.
  • Woah. Quite the response from okc in game 3.
  • Both series 2-2. Boston have come back hard. Home court is a big advantage. Rondo is a freak. OKC and SASW today.
‹ Previous1234567130

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!