A thread for the pets
  • Might try that tomorrow. Chucked him in the front seat today, and he was much better.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Re the cats and pills thing.
    Both of our cats needed many pills over the years.
    We got the technique locked down man.

Grab the cat and place it withs its bum facing you on a bed, floor, couch whatever.
    Place you thighs either side of it so it cant squirm away.
    Press your fingers in both sides of its jaw where the top and bottom jaws meet and force its mouth open. 
    Then quickly throw the tablet as deep into the mouth/throat as you can.

You can also get a pill popper for a couple of quid from the vet, its basically a plastic syringe style affair with little soft jaws at the end that you place the pill into then press the plunger and it fires the pill into the mouth.
    Keeps your fingers away from those needle sharp teeth.

If you have a particularly scratchy cat then some people wrap them in towels to stop them clawing you to ribbons.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Getting clawed is half the fun though.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Cats claws, they can split atoms.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Got caught on the nipple with a claw the other day while on eye drop duty, luckily I had a thick T shirt on.
  • True that. They fire cats at nearly the speed of light into that tube in CERN. 

See all those lines?
    higgsboson350px.jpg

Scratch marks.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Is the blue bit cat piss?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • One of my cats is a little bit mental and likes to suckle at my armpit in the morning while scratching the fuck out of my chest.
  • So my two cats have obviously found one of the neighbourhood cat's stash o stuff.

Last night one of them bought in some mangy old toy mouse, it was well chewed and manky, I threw it back over the fence but it was back again today.
    Now one of the has bought in the dried up carcass of a small bird. The thing was pretty much mummified.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    99202.jpg

"I hate you"
  • I find the easiest way to get Dave to take pills is to sneak up on him when he is asleep and ram it down his catgob before he has a chance to work out what is going on.
  • Cracking pic Mod!

+1

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Cheers. That's the reaction I wanted, not the one the missus gave me...

"So, this is what you do now, play dress up with the dog?"

Has a point I guess.
  • Here is a pic of my cat Jones, he is an awesome dude. 

409056_2630543482245_1587699612_n.jpg
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • He looks like a hadouken.
  • He is doing his impression of the Firefox logo. He will be pleased by your comments when I tell him when I get home though.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • A bit off-topic this, but I'm not sure it's possible to keep cats/dogs/carnivores as pets whilst upholding vegetarian values.
  • The gf's dog must have eaten several thousand chickens during its lifetime.
  • It depends on beliefs i guess.
    Humans are omnivours so can survive on a meatless diet.
    As canivours our furry friends will die or at least get sick without meat.
    If they were in the wild they would kill to eat.
    The best compromise I can see is feeding them the best quality food possible, organic, free range etc.
    If even that is too much then dont get a carnivorous pet because otherwise you will be effectively performing acts of cruelty on it, which im sure goes against most vegies life choices.

Maybe stick to pet birds or rodents.
  • Feeding a pet shitloads of meat just to have the selfish pleasure of having a pet seems to go against any moral argument that vegetarians could make imo. Free-range or no.
  • Then dont have a pet. Or at least not a carnivorous one.
    That is what I meant by it depending on your beliefs.
    Have you brought up this point to be particularily abrasive? The pet thread isnt really th thread to be anti-pet.
  • But vegetarians do have pets though don't they? I know at least 6 that own cats/dogs. Mental.
  • I'm no more anti-pet then I am vegetarian (I have two cats, and will possibly eat one if drunk enough). I just don't get it, and thought I might be missing some veggie + pet counter-argument.
  • You are viewing vegetarianism as a black and white concept, which it isn't. It varies massively from meat, fish, dairy, pets etc. 

The reasoning also varies massively, there are cruelty reasons, environmental or other reasons for example my own Mother who became vegetarian because when I was young there wasn't enough money to buy meat for myself, my brother and my Father.
    With me and my brother growing and my Dad working 40 hours a week she made a comprimise. 
    At the time we had a cat who ate canned food, the cat was around before myself or my older brother were born, so the options were give away the cat or my Mum gave up meat, she made a decision for the family.

I'm sure that doesn't cover all vegies with pets but it is a situational example.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    You have the ability to choose and then prepare what you eat. You deny a pet that ability by virtue of keeping them. You have a responsibility to feed your pet/child a balanced/nutritious diet. You don't need to impose a life choice on them. Could you not source sustainable food for the pooch? A mate of mine goes to a local chicken factory place and grabs their scraps, he renders all that down for his dogs, with other stuff as well
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Bringing this thread back to pets not bullshit.

One of my cats is going fucking mental because it is raining and it's loud on the conservatory roof.
    The other cat, her sister, couldn't give a shit.
  • If they were in the wild they would kill to eat.

This argument has kinda baffled me for a good few years. I know what you're getting at, but the horse has well and tryly bolted when it comes to dogs, in particular, as wild animals. I know there are some wild dogs, natch, but it's not like we could make a law returning all pets to "the wild" tomorrow, is it?

Pretty-Shih-Tzu-Pictures.jpg

Where the hell is a shtizu's natural habitat?

tokyo-wallpaper-2828.png

??
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Lol fair point facewon. Ok, they have evolved to eat meat, we cant change their evolution any more than we can put them back in the wild.
  • I don't think they've evolved to eat meat.  Wild dogs have always been carnivores, afaik.  Neither am I sure that your average dog couldn't survive perfectly happily on a nutritionally-balanced veggie diet.  I feed my dogs exclusively on dry food, which does contain chicken, but I'm sure the nutrients in the chicken could be found elsewhere if necessary.
  • The cats were on some biscuit thing for a while, but then it started giving them digestive woes. Now they get fresh chicken and fish and are rather happier.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!