[Baldrick's Tavern] MMOs/RPG Discussion
  • Bored of the Rings.  Mind you. I'm hoping the Game of Thrones game turns out be good seeing as I'm a bit obsessed with its TV counterpart.

I'd err on the side of it being shit though.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Already out in America to a Metacritic rating of 54, so not great.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'm still in love with Tolkien's world.  I read the books when I was about fourteen and I love them still.  The Third Age is actually pretty decent, although I never got past the battle of Helms Deep.  I remember things like this new game called World of Warcraft and a certain new console released called Xbox 360 getting in the way last time.
    Get schwifty.
  • I'm not too impressed with the looks of 'Game of Thrones', and thats coming from a rather massive fan of both the books and TV series. I would be tempted to play just to experience the story/world/characters etc. But looking at it purely as a game...it looks a bit shit.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • play ff13 raiz, you obv dont mind being mindraped in the lamest possible sense
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Behave yourself and luv me up, Gunn, as I got full plans to watch ALL of Baccano this weekend.
    Get schwifty.
  • you damn well watch it and enjoy it sir, i hope you do, genuinely, considering its a violent and fucked up mindfuck, it leaves you buzzing on closing
  • FFXIII isn't as bad as the haters say it is. It's not really Final Fantasy, but not a lot is these days, and nothing rivals it for spectacle in this day and age.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It get's goin' tomoz mornin'.  FROM THE BEGINNING!  again.
    Get schwifty.
  • sasukekun i think you'd have to be able to draw the line where spectacle becomes a bad thing, f13's characters made me feel angry and ill within 15 minutes, it was unwatchable bilge
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Ignore Gunn, Sas.  I enjoyed FFXIII too.  Yes, the characters are hard work, but THESE ARE VIDEOGAMES!
    Get schwifty.
  • taking credibility from the genre one ridiculous quote after one

im personally glad that mother chick got wasted, what a cunt, if only everyone else did
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Oh come on, like it needed help.  I'm all for moving things forward, but let's face it, it's moving at a snails pace.  I'm just enjoying what we've got when we get it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    The Third Age is, as I'm now rediscovering, a really solid game.  The turn-based combat is very reminiscent of FFX in how turns are played out, and there's some really good voice acting going on.  Plus it has Gandalf being very...well...Gamdalfy.
    Get schwifty.
  • I finished FFXIII-2 last month. I really enjoyed it and I'll go back at some point to mop up all the extra content. I liked FFXIII up to a point, but I left it for months and just couldn't get back into it again. I'm planning on going back to the PS2 for my next single-player RPG fix. I have a stack that lie hardly touched, including Dark Chronicle and Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King.
  • Come on guys.  FFXIs story beats all.  Put in 1000+ hours and you might be able to start it. ;)
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Started skyrim again, now modded to hell and back, it looks pretty gorgeous now it must be said, even more so, rather
  • R.A.W.

Apparently. XBLA title, looks to be diablo dungeon crawler. Local co-op for two players though, so I'll defo check it out.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Started Tales of the Abyss, seems pretty nice, especially considering it's a pretty early 3DS title. DEAR GOD the main character is a dick though. I mean it's all totally deliberate but my JAW DROPPED WITH HORROR a not inconsiderable number of times during the first two hours.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm playing Diablo 3 to the exclusion of everything else currently. Reading, music, film/tv watching. I need to burnout quickly on this.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Come on guys.  FFXIs story beats all.  Put in 1000+ hours and you might be able to start it. ;)

Don't remind me. Or do, actually - I have some beautiful memories and it's still the only MMO, besides Ultima Online in 1998, that I ever cared about. It was gloriously hardcore, after a while you couldn't kill shit on your own. It was all about the team effort, about solidarity and making the best of friends.

And loathing those who couldn't handle their job properly, of course.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Started Tales of the Abyss, seems pretty nice, especially considering it's a pretty early 3DS title. DEAR GOD the main character is a dick though. I mean it's all totally deliberate but my JAW DROPPED WITH HORROR a not inconsiderable number of times during the first two hours.

I keep trying with this game but the dire dialogue and the (something of a Tales trope) terrible made up names for everything has me tearing the cart from my 3DS in disgust.  A shame, really, as I've had the handheld since launch and STILL only have two games for the damn thing.
    Get schwifty.
  • Hey Silke. Always nice to hear from XI players. Are you partaking in XIV currently?
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Hey Silke. Always nice to hear from XI players. Are you partaking in XIV currently?

I’m not, no. My computer isn’t fit enough, and the PS3-version, as it looks now, will it ever come? But if it does, I'll be looking for you ayns - it is always nice to hear from XI players.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    I'm playing Diablo 3 to the exclusion of everything else currently. Reading, music, film/tv watching. I need to burnout quickly on this.

Why?
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:

Why?

Think it has something to do with its alleged addictiveness and the shortage of time.

It happend to me with Dark Souls, errm, keeps on happening.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Pretty much. It just clicks with me. At this moment i'm watching Coriolanus at the same time as booting D3 up.
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    taking credibility from the genre one ridiculous quote after one im personally glad that mother chick got wasted, what a cunt, if only everyone else did

Oh, I missed this.

MOMS ARE TOUGH, CUCKOO!

XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • I finished FFXIII-2 last month. I really enjoyed it and I'll go back at some point to mop up all the extra content. I liked FFXIII up to a point, but I left it for months and just couldn't get back into it again. I'm planning on going back to the PS2 for my next single-player RPG fix. I have a stack that lie hardly touched, including Dark Chronicle and Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King.

I don't know if it was me just finally having my fill of JRPG dreck after spending the better part of the past ten years apologizing, but FFXIII-2 finally did me in. Incredibly boring, hated most of the music, paid 400pts for terrible dlc and its pandering to every whim of the internet critics whether it be sage advice or tone deaf stupidity.
    I'll still hold a candle for Level 5 and Atlus but it's a grim time. I hope we get some Persona stuff on xbox to go with the fighting game.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Persona 5 announcement at E3!  I want to believe.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!