Tattoos
‹ Previous123456714
  • I'm not sure if there is a thread for this but I think there has been some discussion in No Subject, so thought it would be nice to have one!

I've personally wanted a tattoo for a long time, years now, I just want to make sure I have the right design. I've now got something in mind which I think would be good, but need to get someone to draw it up for me. Then I want to have the picture of the design on my wall for a while, so I can see it everyday and make sure I don't end up hating it/changing my mind.

Have any of you lot got one or more? I'd guess statistically some of you have! What have you got and why? How do you feel about it years after it's been done?

It's quite a big consideration, so wanted to get thoughts and viewpoints!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • My only advice would be not to get one to be 'hip' or part of a crowd (although you seem to have that covered). For example, look at the celtic/pagan bands round upper arms, they were purely a fashion thing and a few years later look a bit tragic.

A good barometer in my opinion would be would you be happy to have it, then never show anyone or have anyone see it?
  • The thing about tattoos is they are addictive.
    I only ever planned to get one, once I did I wanted another. You start designing things in your head, coming up with ideas of what would look nice and where. The things become bigger, the amount you spend becomes higher, it just gets more and more expensive.
    I haven't had a new one for probably 10 years now. But, if I had the money I would be getting more done.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • My only advice would be not to get one to be 'hip' or part of a crowd (although you seem to have that covered). For example, look at the celtic/pagan bands round upper arms, they were purely a fashion thing and a few years later look a bit tragic. A good barometer in my opinion would be would you be happy to have it, then never show anyone or have anyone see it?

Yeah, I could've got one at any time but want to make sure I get something I will like for a long time.
    Sasukekun wrote:
    The thing about tattoos is they are addictive. I only ever planned to get one, once I did I wanted another. You start designing things in your head, coming up with ideas of what would look nice and where. The things become bigger, the amount you spend becomes higher, it just gets more and more expensive. I haven't had a new one for probably 10 years now. But, if I had the money I would be getting more done.

Haha, yeah a lot of people seem to say that!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I wouldn't get too hung up on the "stuck with it for life" thing.

As long as it's covered by clothes there's no issue. I rarely if ever think about mine now. It has been 20 years I guess.
  • @Sasukekun and @Mod74

So what have you guys got and where? If you don't mind sharing :D
  • My train of thought is "none, or one, or loads." Nothing inbetween. that includes half-finished tattoos.
  • Tempy wrote:
    My train of thought is "none, or one, or loads." Nothing inbetween. that includes half-finished tattoos.

Tempy you could pull of the skinny geek with tattoos look well....I mean that as a compliment :P
  • Strictly below deck.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I  have a sun on my upper right arm.

Which is actually this

HenryRollinsBack.jpg

but without the face.
  • I'd quite like one. I think I'm old enough now to be past the "ohmaygawd wtf was I thinking" thing now.

If I did get one, it would probably be lion/tiger related, be something in Korean script, or something else very personal to me. Probably on my chest. I always liked the idea of one on my inner forearm but I'm mindful of covering it up.

My co-workers have (what I consider to be) awful tattoos. Not classy.
  • Bad tattoos really are a horrific burden, I imagine.
  • Nice Mod.

Tiger, I want one on my chest also. Korean script sounds nice, especially as you're out there.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    My train of thought is "none, or one, or loads." Nothing inbetween. that includes half-finished tattoos.

Tempy you could pull of the skinny geek with tattoos look well....I mean that as a compliment :P

n'aww. I do love 'em, but doubt I could ever get them. Those guys who have them all over their arms in sleeves etc, I love that look, but probably not the individual tattoos that make them up. Plus I have to consider what I want to do with my life etc
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I've no tattoos, but am curious. Not sure i'd ever be able to decide on a design though.
  • You are the curious machine afterall
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I remember some dumb kid at school got a tweetie pie tattoo and a superman tattoo. 
    Bet he doesn't regret that.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Nice Mod.

When I say 'without the face' it isn't just blank in the centre. There's concentric sun type rings I designed. It was just the spikey bits were exactly what I wanted so just copied them.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm booked in for a bit of an effort in August, it's the earliest I could get an appointment for as he's quite a sought after tattooist...
  • What you getting done Moto?
    Mod74 wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Nice Mod.
    When I say 'without the face' it isn't just blank in the centre. There's concentric sun type rings I designed. It was just the spikey bits were exactly what I wanted so just copied them.

Yeah I knew what you meant dude.
  • I've got a celtic style Dragon on my right upper arm, this was later framed by a celtic design.
    I have another dragon on my left upper arm, this starts as a regular style dragon going into a tribal style pattern. I eventually extended this tribal style down my arm to my wrist as a rotation around my lower arm.
    I also have a dagger on my left shoulder blade
    Being at work I can't exactly take photos.
  • I genuinely want a Tetris tattoo. Of the well and some pieces with the T falling in line to do a tspin double or tripple. I will get it just have had other priorities.

I also decided this eleven years ago and said to myself if I still want it in ten years time I can have it. Which I do.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I've got my first tattoo appointment in a couple of months. I'm starting a japanese style half sleeve and chest plate. My long term plan is to have a koi on one arm and a dragon on the other.

I've had ideas of what I wanted for 6-7 years but it's taken me a long time to find the right artist until I read about this guy.

Alex Reinke

His work is incredible and he really helped to nail down the design. After planning it for so long it's weird to think I'll finally be getting it done. I'll be sure to post pictures once the work is underway.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Advice I gave elsewhere was to be wary of things with very fine detail as they'll slowly splurge over time. Those Japanese ones don't look too bad for that. Also pay attention to how the design moves and flexes when they put the pen outline on.
  • That's some nice looking stuff. Not the man's ass though.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Ha! Sorry I should have warned about that.

@Mod Yeah it was one of the things we talked about. The style of tattoo is somewhat more forgiving if the skin stretches/shrinks, within reason obviously. The lines and colours also tend to wear well with age but placement helps with that too.
  • Whatever is picked, run it through PShop with a pretty substance blur filter over it and drop the opacity a fair bit, cuz that's what it'll spend much of the rest of your life looking like.
  • Id go for a part of the body with minimum fat for reasons of morphing.

• Less fat = more pain
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I don't care about anything enough to have it tattooed on me.  I might get a variant on Biomechanoid for the lulz.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Just wear printed tights.
‹ Previous123456714

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!