Raiziel's Skyrim thread
‹ Previous123456755
  • Sorry Raz beat you to it.

Just ordered this from Shopto.

That gives me 24 hours to come up with a character name and back story.

Any advice for a new comer, I like to make my own way in these games but is there anything spaz to look out for?
    Also have they fixed it so it is OK to install on 360 yet?
  • I plan to start this again with all the new mods. I played 30 something hours with a warrior and 5 hours with a magic man. Is magic the most f
  • Is magic the most fun?
  • As the yet-to-join Raz posted in the other place, DLC announcement tomorrow. 

• J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message

I'm currently 80 odd hours into a ranger/hunter playthrough and was considering restarting to try out a magic only.

I'll wait for the DLC, but I'm sure there are a load of mods to make magic the most fun.

Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • I am sure I watched a video in the xbox dashboard the other week saying that the devs gave the guys in the studio 2 weeks to come up with and code what they wanted to see in Skyrim and they modded things like horseback fighting (i.e. swinging your sword as you ride) and.... Dragon riding. I am sure they said this stuff would be incoming as free DLC but I haven't heard anything since.

Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Sooooo can I Install it or what?

Might resurrect my old Fallout character. Monique Shaniqwa, she don't take no shit off of no man.
  • Sooooo can I Install it or what?

Might resurrect my old Fallout character. Monique Shaniqwa, she don't take no shit off of no man.

Install what?

It's an amazing game - dont wait for the DLC - it will be save game compatible. 
  • Install the game, to my 360, I heard there was issues if its installed or have they been patched now?
  • Oh.

Play PC obviously.
  • Install the game, to my 360, I heard there was issues if its installed or have they been patched now?

Yes, you can install it. Was fixed in one of the first patches
  • On xbox? Yep install. It's been patched. 
    PS3 not sure about. 

@Google - there were frame rate issues when it first came out if you ran it from the HDD. 

I cranked this up the other day for the first time in a while. One of the patches since I last played is killcams on magic. 
    It's ok but looks pretty stupid when it gives dramatic slow-down close ups of me setting fire to rabbits. 
  • Call cheers Harmless and Monkey. (i mentioned the 360 install in my OP). Wasn't there another game ruining bug about quest order too? If so I assume that has been patched too.
  • Damn beaten to it by, well, everyone
  • Is a moronic comment

Best piece of advice one can give. The breadth of user created mods has certainly changed the very fabric of the experience. If there is an option, play PC.
  • Yeah but it totally failed to answer my question. If I wanted it on PC I would have bought it on bloody PC.
  • I totally missed the comment where you'd pointed out you'd purchased the 360 version.

My original pc comment was also made in jest. I thought we'd grown out of smiley faces so didn't feel the need to put one in my post to signify the wink-wink nudge-nudge.
  • Call cheers Harmless and Monkey. (i mentioned the 360 install in my OP). Wasn't there another game ruining bug about quest order too? If so I assume that has been patched too.

There were loads of quest bugs, but by the same token, loads have been fixed too, the patch notes are spoilerific though, so I wouldn't go looking through them. Just give it a bash.

The best weapons, armour and enchantments come through crafting, enchanting and smithing. However, careful with how you use those early on as there is a certain amount of monster scaling with your level. Like Oblivion, you can end up underpowered in the attack department (as you've overlevelled in 'support' skills) and find the game very difficult.

Oh and archery combined with sneak is all sorts of awesome.
  • google said:

I totally missed the comment where you'd pointed out you'd purchased the 360 version.

My original pc comment was also made in jest. I thought we'd grown out of smiley faces so didn't feel the need to put one in my post to signify the wink-wink nudge-nudge.

No probs Google, lets move along.

Call cheers Harmless and Monkey. (i mentioned the 360 install in my OP). Wasn't there another game ruining bug about quest order too? If so I assume that has been patched too.

There were loads of quest bugs, but by the same token, loads have been fixed too, the patch notes are spoilerific though, so I wouldn't go looking through them. Just give it a bash.

The best weapons, armour and enchantments come through crafting, enchanting and smithing. However, careful with how you use those early on as there is a certain amount of monster scaling with your level. Like Oblivion, you can end up underpowered in the attack department (as you've overlevelled in 'support' skills) and find the game very difficult.

Oh and archery combined with sneak is all sorts of awesome.

Cheers again Harmless. Worth knowing about the levelling.

(oooooh I like this easy double quoting)
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    This is my thread! MIIIINNNNE!!! I don't like this forum, it's all strange and wrong. I'm scared.
    Get schwifty.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    tell us about the dlc anouncment please raz?
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Raz, I need you on this Skyrim thread.  You are the fountain of all Skyrim knowledge...
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Changed the name Raz, happy?
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Raiziel said:

This is my thread! MIIIINNNNE!!! I don't like this forum, it's all strange and wrong. I'm scared.

There, there, I was also scared to start with, but it's actually quite good.
    Glad you're here.... Let's hold hands.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message

Changed the name Raz, happy?

Slightly less scared now.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    daviedigi said:

tell us about the dlc anouncment please raz?

It's called Dawnguard and it's out sometime this summer. That's all I've got so far.
    Get schwifty.
  • It's called Dawnguard.  360 getting it first.
  • Yeah! This arrived today, did the opening dungeon/training thingy at lunch.

I killed the bear, aint no man gonna tell 'Monique Fierce Shaniqua' to sneak around, she's bossy!
  • Actually started a new build a while ago. Once I complete the game with my Archer/Sneaky type I'll do another round with a Mage/Thief type. Reckon it'll be dual wield, destruction & illusions all the way – just for a change of pace. Think most players tend to get into the sniping action with the bow. It's fun, but after a while the tension goes out of the combat. 

Mind you, not sure how I'll cope with dragons. 

Oh, and the Dawnguard expansion? Snow Elves, possibly as a new character type. And crossbows, apparently, according to a Kotaku article last week.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It's time to return to the chilly slopes of Skyrim, I think. I haven't been back since just prior to the 1.4 patch launched. Yes, it's time.
    Get schwifty.
‹ Previous123456755

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!