Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • I distinctly remember them saying it is 3 major releases, with minor ones in between. They gave the years of release going up to 2021 or something. They also said it will be 360 plus Durango first then PS4 a year later. So a timed MS exclusive.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    I distinctly remember them saying it is 3 major releases, with minor ones in between. They gave the years of release going up to 2021 or something. They also said it will be 360 plus Durango first then PS4 a year later. So a timed MS exclusive.

That's my next console sorted then.
  • They only mentioned the first one as a timed thing, nothing about the others. But that's enough for me ;)
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Well this certainly looks familiar.

du4Ge73.jpg

Are those ranks I see...?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Ranks?

No way!

spinningdog.guf
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just noticed that on b.net there's a pre-order link. Selecting either the PS3 or Xbox version and clicking through to Amazon US (it's not on the UK store) offers a release date of December 31st. Now, that does happen to be a Tuesday, but it seems unlikely that it will be released just after Christmas. It also seems unlikely that they're going to want to release it after that date, so that October release that's been mentioned could well be a possibility.
  • Badger Guild check.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I will say I am rather underwhelmed by all this.

I don't think that's necessarily Bungie's fault though. My tastes have changed quite a bit. If you'd have said to me 5 years ago Bungie were away to release a massive online persistent FPS I'd have pee'd my knickers. Now it's barely more than a meh.
  • Mass Effect looked wonderfull before release with its retro/future art and story but ended up with dialogue like Star Trek. I do not want Star Trek.

There is no way we'll end up with Star trek here. It's a big daft space opera presented in the style of an FPS. Mass Effect is an RPG. Out of the two, which one is going to end up with po faced dialogue?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Send your knickers to me and I'll pee them for you.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Shy am still has his.

Expect my CF with POC attached this week buddeh!!!

I just need to know what I'll get for prwning Knight!!!! I want dem ranks okay 343i, don't do me like Bungie did me with Halo 4!

Believe!
    Believe!
  • I believe you should update the OP. That's what I believe.

@mod: not out of sympathy with that thought process, I've certainly felt it about most of the other releases on the cards, and even stuff like fc3 which I enjoyed.

But since bf3 and h4 haven't filled the void, destiny better.

I figure there's a chance that it'll have something not unlike rush mode. If that's what the 'campaign' feels like, even with smaller numbers, massive win.

Cross everything.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • So far for me it's pretty "meh". Persistant online with no subs sounds like it'll be some Guild Wars hub with instanced raids/missions hosted on player machines - they're not going to have servers running all that. Random punters turning up in your instances? Yeah well whatever, Borderlands 2 is already doing stuff like that. Mobile hassle app to increase stickiness and retention? Get to fuck, do not want.

The current big draw for me is that I really want to see what Bungie come out with for the story and world now that they're free from the fetters of having to keep plugging away at the Halo canon. Halo 1's setting, actually on the/a halo, was fantastic high concept scifi - I want to see them get back to that kind of thing. Halo being a bit of an unexpected hit, I feel the story/world got dragged out way too long - hopefully this next one is specced out for epic from the off, rather than getting dragged out.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    This is all sounding rather Phantasy Star Online to me, which is good.

Particularly intrigued by the persistant world and the notion that gamers will affect the story/game, and the nod to Journey's random co-op pairing. Coupled with world-class shooting and gorgeous art, what's not to like?

Many questions to be answered, like how many players in-game? Is there vs multiplayer? ETC.

Roll on E3 and a proper reveal!
  • So I just realised that if everything goes to plan, I'm going to be 43 when Destiny 'finishes'.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'll be pwning noobs into middle age right alongside you, Jamie.
  • Facewon wrote:
    I believe you should update the OP. That's what I believe.

Believe! And your wish shall be granted, with only the most up-to-date and important information in the OP.
    Believe!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I laughed, but not enough to stop me considering setting up a rival thread.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    And what about the title?
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    37, you old gits :P
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That makes you a noob to be pwned.
  • 36!
    Wait this doesn't come out until I am 27 so 37 as well I guess.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Woodimari wrote:
    37, you old gits :P

Age snap!

Oh wait, that's my current age...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The thread title is offensive.

OFFENSIVE.
  • So
    Yossarian wrote:
    I'll be pwning noobs into middle age right alongside you, Jamie.

Yeah, but I've always kind of thought at some stage I'd grow out of all this shit.

Anyway, some details I've picked up about this shit:

- The city hub sections are 3rd person and include at least gambling mini games, so prob lots more 'gta' type activities like that.

- an encouraging snippet from EG:

"There's been a lot of rumours that we're working on an MMOFPS, whatever that is, or a social game," Jason Jones, Bungie co-founder and Destiny project director, says. "The truth is, if you enjoy first-person shooters and you play them on console, Destiny's going to be the best one you've ever played. That's our goal.
    "We've learned our lessons from MMOs. We've learned our lessons from Facebook games. But Destiny is a console first-person shooter. It's the kind of game we love to play and it's the game our fans love to play."

That's want I want to hear. That they're not straying too far from home and that beyond all the online bells and whistles it's going to be a proper Halo-style shooter with skills and maps and balance and all that jazz.

And no ordinance drops.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I've only played Halo 1 and 3. What are Armour Locks and Ordinance Drops and why do folks despise them?
  • I'm not 100% convinced when Activision says not to expect Destiny in 2013.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    I've only played Halo 1 and 3. What are Armour Locks and Ordinance Drops and why do folks despise them?

Because they can't adapt.
    *runs for the hills*
  • I've only played Halo 1 and 3. What are Armour Locks and Ordinance Drops and why do folks despise them?
    Because they can't adapt. *runs for the hills*

Yeah, you better run!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!