Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Cromehounds. Last page buddy.

I can't see how it'll be anything else. There will be objective stuff too. Plot suggests that you will make excursions to hostile territory from the main city, those will e your co-op and MP.

Bet there will be a campaign that focuses on some group of folk and their delving into the mythology of the world.
  • JRPC wrote:
    What's CH?

ChromeHounds. I had to go back and find the post too.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Shit, I'm getting hyped up. Pack it in.

I thought Chrome Hounds was shite anyway? Is it worth picking up now if I see it cheap?
  • Sneaky edit there Temp, you fucker.
  • You guys could just read as I post MAYBE.

It was a great idea, done too early, and scared people off. With Bungie's core gameplay stuff and their firefight background, I see this is as the logical path they'd take.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Plot suggests that you will make excursions to hostile territory from the main city, those will e your co-op and MP.

From what I've read, I don't think they're dumping traditional Halo MP yet.
  • Shit, I'm getting hyped up. Pack it in.

I thought Chrome Hounds was shite anyway? Is it worth picking up now if I see it cheap?

No, servers were turned off ages ago. It was shot, because it wa too soon, t needed players which it didn't have. Brilliant idea though. Like MAG, but with genuine impact.

• Yossarian wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Plot suggests that you will make excursions to hostile territory from the main city, those will e your co-op and MP.

From what I've read, I don't think they're dumping traditional Halo MP yet.

Ok, in addition to. I've not read anything, but what they put in the Vidoc, getting a message saying 'hey go here, do this' is surely instanced online.

What you're told to do, or are given options for will depend on what other factions have done.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I mean, I think it'll be both, not one or the other.
  • If its anything like what in imagining, well, I've wanted that game since I was a 12 year old drawing his own game ideas, if I'm even in the ballpark then I'm excited.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    If its anything like what in imagining, well, I've wanted that game since I was a 12 year old drawing his own game ideas, if I'm even in the ballpark then I'm excited.
    Check yourself before you wreck yourself Tempy, your brain is writing cheques that Bungie can't cash.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Believe.
  • Oh most definitely. It's just fun to speculate.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fuck it, I'm enjoying this. I think the last time I looked forward to a game this much was Halo 2. It didn't disappoint. Well, to be fair, it did in some ways, but still...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm trying to keep my feet on the ground with it, but fucking Tempy man, fucking Tempy.
  • Tempy wrote:

Faction wars from that menu I posted has got to be traditional MP, surely?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    For me it's just the thought of Bungie being given free reign to do what they're best at. There's truly no other developer which even comes close to them in my eyes. Valve have had some great moments, don't get me wrong, but nothing with anything like the longevity and replayability of Halo. I'm sure I'll dust off the original (well, the HD remake) in a few years just to experience the campaign again.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Faction wars from that menu I posted has got to be traditional MP, surely?

Yoss pointed that out, and I replied above.
  • Reckon they've been slipping on the campaign and set piece side of things though, so more of a focus on MP/co-op and effectively branching out from Firefight is probably a good idea.

The question will be how does the quality of the actual play hold up. Spec Ops in H4 highlights well that you can't just chuck a bunch of enemies and some checkpoints at a patch of ground and hope for the best, and even Blands 2 suffers from a bit of "here's stuff to shoot, go here and shoot it."

That balance between kinda pure gameplay and just letting people go at it, and having it so unstructured that it doesn't feel like you're progressing or that there's a point, is tricky.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    But surely the actual missions will play out in traditional Bungie style. If there are going to be large open-world bits, well, ODST's hub was excellently done.
  • If you mean by "traditional bungie style": The Ark and The Covenant, then yay.

If you mean a fucking Mac cannon then not so much. (I'm pretty sure it's telling that I can't actually name any of the missions from Reach right now.)

The question isn't so much how much content is in there at launch. I'm sure there's a solid 8-10 hour campaign with plenty of replay. I'm sure that there'll be a reasonable selection of play areas for the other stuff. It's a matter of how everything else is working to create more content 6 months in. DLC maps? Or uberforge? or from this "immergent" world? Changing an area from day to night, or destroying a building only varies things so far. How expliotable will the AI be, how much does having other players in there change things?

I'm there, day one. But there are many questions, and I don't know that bungie will be able to dodge a lot of the pitfalls of the modern AAA title and not just have a lot of content for content's sake.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I'm not sure that any kind of truly SP campaign exists anymore.

In games in general, shooters, or specifically what Bungie are up to. Because there are plenty of truly SP campaigns out there.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    In Destiny. I may have worded that badly.
  • That makes sense then.

I'm not sold on always online at all. I am able to play PSO offline today. It's a poorer experience no doubt, but still worthy of playing. It remains to be seen whether or not Destiny could be done without players having to be online, but this is one bit I'm really on the fence about.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    IGN wrote:
    Bungie's upcoming sci-fi shooter MMO Destiny will not be coming in 2013, according to a press release that publisher Activision sent out this morning. The publisher explained that Destiny is not included in Activision's 2013 outlook and "there should be no speculation or expectation of a different result".

For reference, Activision's fiscal year ends December 31, 2013, so this doesn't look like financial double speak either. If this release is read as final and binding, we won't see Destiny in 2013.

The press release also reiterated that Destiny is confirmed for "the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, as well as other future console platforms", which presumably means the next Xbox and PlayStation consoles.

With the PlayStation 4 announcement most likely happening this Wednesday, and early speculation pointing to a Holiday 2013 launch frame for both the new Xbox and PlayStation 4, that means Destiny will not be a next-gen launch title.

Source

</3
  • Destiny banners up all over Sky Sports, bit soon considering 2014 release, even if just to create a buzz that's an expensive vert.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    If they expand on what Cromehounds was trying to do, I'll be excited.
    Hell yes.
  • I remain unconvinced that it won't be this year. 2014 seems a bit late for a current gen release when the PS4 is likely to be out Q4 2013/Q1 2014.

I'm also worried, if Activision is delaying its release, that it's because it doesn't want to interfere with its usual Skylanders/COD Q4 schedule.
  • If it really is 2014 i'm no longer excited. I can never drum up enthusiasm for something that isn't out for like a million years. Nearer the time i will re-engage excitement mode.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!