The loneliness of the long distance gamer
‹ Previous1234567393
  • Previously on EDGE forum...
    It's six in the morning, it's dark, it's pissing down and I'm on the train from Glasgow to Stoke-on-Trent. Gaming? I remember that. Never seem to have the time now. Must remember to book that bus ticket to Gravesend later. Thank baby Jesus for the iPhone and this place. My little anchor in the chaotic sea of life. 
    Anyhoo, a thread if you will for moaning about where your travels are taking you. Maybe you've just gone to the corner shop for milk, or maybe you're on a plane to the other side of the world. Perhaps you're playing with your gameboy at the bus stop on the way to work whilst cursing the weather? 
    Where are you going and how does it impact on your home life? 

hello, I must be going, 

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Stay tuned for the Season 2 climax, in which tonight g.man travels to Wembley Stadium for the FA Cup Final, and has three days to get seventy-four cameras rigged and working in time for Liverpool v Chelsea this Saturday.

don't touch that dial

g.man
  • I should probably lie down for a bit first.

:D

g.man
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Every time I see this thread title it reminds me of Maiden's Song from the 80's. Me personally though, I do quite a bit of driving but I must admit, it's not often these days my thoughts fall to gaming. I usually have plenty of shit to 'worry' about first before I can daze off into gaming wonderment. 
  • That's what's good about this forum though. It's not just about video games and stuff. Threads can be about anything we want them to be. 
    I love the little community here, and I love to hear what people are up to in their lives. This thread is just one example of how people can do that.
    Life is a big adventure for everyone.

it's good to share

g.man
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Aye, and now with our new overlord we can begin once again! 
  • Indeed.
  • I just went for a walk with the missus on this booootiful evening and discovered some little lanes around Redland in Bristol that I never knew were there. That's rare, I know most of the city like the back of my hand. Cheered me right up, so many different smells, wet grass, BBQ's blossom. Ahhhh, outside is lovely after a rain storm. Gotta get the bike out and back in the woods this week.
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • Back in your box, plx.
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message

I just went for a walk with the missus on this booootiful evening and discovered some little lanes around Redland in Bristol that I never knew were there. That's rare, I know most of the city like the back of my hand. Cheered me right up, so many different smells, wet grass, BBQ's blossom. Ahhhh, outside is lovely after a rain storm. Gotta get the bike out and back in the woods this week.

Redland is lovely, my missus has her Uni accomodation there next year.
    The janitor.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm at a pub quiz. GONNAE READ OUT THE FUCKING RESULTS.

I've had a week of shite.
  • Made it to the bus...just.
    So, on the sleeper to London. Incredibly stressed out and unprepared. I'm not even sure what I threw in my suitcase in the dash to get here. Considering I've got 7O-odd cameras to start rigging tomorrow, I've probably never been so unprepared.
    Truth is, the birth of this awesome place has distracted me from my prep for the last couple of days, but hey ho, I'll cope.

this is going to be mental

g.man
  • Rise and shine! Trick with the sleeper bus is to be out your bunk and in your seat before the end of the M1, otherwise you get caught up in the It's a Knockout craziness of everyone trying to get their shit together at the same time whilst the bendy bus negotiates the winding streets. Always a sight to behold.
    Still pretty tired. Didn't sleep particularly well, so I suspect that's going to make it seem like a particularly long day.

next stop Victoria

g.man
  • Over at Euston now. Time for coffee, then I'll train it over to Wembley Central. Managed to beat the morning rush, which is always a good thing when you've got a suitcase in tow.

getting there

g.man
  • *Interestingly, I'm posting this with mobile safari and my posts seem to have adopted Brooks' avatar. Strange.*
  • Clearing cookies and cache seems to have righted the avatar situation, but now my clock is fucked up. It's currently five hours behind.
  • On the train to Wembley now, and finally some time to study the planning sheets.

OH SHIT!

g.man
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    70+ cameras seems far too many.
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    Too many indeed. Also, hello g.man.
    The janitor.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Well I am glad this melancholic thread made the leap. Genuinely I am. This and some other threads in here are what kept me popping in to blurum once every few weeks. Anyway I haven't played a game since Journey came out. Maybe I am taking my postgrad degree too seriously.

Carry on.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Hello peeps!
    Back to having Brooks avatar. Much strangeness.
    ...and yes, it's far too many cameras.

on on

g.man
  • g.man said:

Hello peeps!
    Back to having Brooks avatar. Much strangeness.
    ...and yes, it's far too many cameras.

on on

g.man

You look fine to me g. Last night though on the iPad Lester had Billy's avatar, and Yoss had yours. Suspect it's a mobile cache thing.

On a related note,good luck with the cabling.
  • Fuck me, this is mental! It's like Apocalypse Now! In here.

:(

g.man
  • Little piles of inoculated arms everywhere? 
  • People called Charlie not surfing?
  • Tigers leaping over mango pickers?
  • Pretty much.

the horror. the horror

g.man
  • needs more lens flare.
  • Done

in

g.man
‹ Previous1234567393

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!