The B&B High-Score Contest #2: Bulletstorm demo. Open to all!
  • I'd go with that, gives everyone opportunity then.

As far as encouraging people goes, I'm not really sure. I knew without ever firing up the game that I'd never beat Dubs, but thought I'd have a chance to beat someone. Until I saw my high score.
  • I bet Dubs wins every single week.

• Demo level it is! I will make the official post in this thread later today.

Are we sure the demo level and the full level are the same? Is every single skill shot in the demo?
  • Dante: yeah, same here. Die quite a few times and not multiplier I get is in region of 400. I have a habit of being mesmeeised by beautiful neon flying trippy psychedelic objects and flying into them, then cursing myself. The green bastards are the most frustrating though. 

Bulletstorm a-go go baby. The Mall please. :)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Um, didn't realise we were on page 3, d'oh! Was replying to Dante about GW2 scoring. 

So demo level, eh?! But... But... But... :(
  • Demo level was pretty awesome, to be fair. Not that I've tried most of the rest of the Echoes anyway.
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    Demo level it is! I will make the official post in this thread later today. Are we sure the demo level and the full level are the same? Is every single skill shot in the demo?

Not sure, everyone would have to use the demo to make it fair, even those with the full game.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I think my favourite is the one by the sea. Play it more, Tigro. 

This thread is great. I spent a while with GW2 ladt night and went bed late. Enjoyed it even though I could barely get anywhere with scoring. Not good for family life.
  • Got some decent scores on echoes, I'm in.
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    Demo level it is! I will make the official post in this thread later today. Are we sure the demo level and the full level are the same? Is every single skill shot in the demo?

Unfortunately not, though I'm sure we can be gentlemen and restrict ourselves. Environmental and weapon skillshots are all present and correct so as long as full game owners use the same weapons, we're good.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Dante: yeah, same here. Die quite a few times and not multiplier I get is in region of 400. I have a habit of being mesmeeised by beautiful neon flying trippy psychedelic objects and flying into them, then cursing myself. The green bastards are the most frustrating though.

Without the green ones, I reckon I'd last a hell of a lot longer. The only way I can seem to kill them is to force them to a edge, and since I'm watching them I end up smashing into something else.

I do have an unfortunate habit of hitting gates too.
  • Dan_Dare wrote:
    Fentonizer wrote:

Unfortunately not, though I'm sure we can be gentlemen and restrict ourselves. Environmental and weapon skillshots are all present and correct so as long as full game owners use the same weapons, we're good.

Doesn't Echoes force you to use certain weapons anyway? So just as long as all avaliable skill shots are there, we should be ok? Or specify demo or full game with your score? Or, just everyone download the demo?
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    Also, I'm still trying to think of a way to reward/encourage people who don't want to enter because they think they can't dent the boards. Any ideas? Again, thanks everyone for making the effort.

Maybe some kind of simple league system? Premier league: Dubs, Championship: everyone else. No but seriously, after a few challenges, could maybe sort the hyper-scorers from the normals, then simple promotion/relegation to play for. Perhaps lowest score in top league replaced by top score in crap league every week.
  • Cool. I think I have that level maxed out.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • GAME 2:

Bulletstorm

(Including Demo!)

Bulletstorm.jpg

Mode: Echoes
    Level: Collapsed Building

Hello again! Another easy one. Post your high score for the period with proof to the thread, or PM me if you wish. The best place for proof is the debrief screen at the end of the level; this will ensure that it is a recent run. 

Please specify if you're playing the demo or the full version, and Xbox or PS3 (which we believe to be identical in every combination).

See the OP for full rules.

Happy hunting!

Closing date: June 15th 23:59 GMT.
  • I just wanted to say grats to dubs. Master of Trials AND Geometry Wars? Is there any games you're NOT good at? Might join in on the Bulletstorm compo. Great idea, Fenton!
  • Now now, Dubs is a sweet young lad, I won't have any demonizing just because he's good with his joystick.

Haven't got Bulletstorm, is that the demo?  Might have a bash over the weekend.

How about Vanquish one week, then we're talking ;)
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • I assume my old score on the demo is easily viewed. Can someone check it plz?
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Flipping 10 points behind you just now.

Your best is 19920.
  • OH IT'S ON NOW!

You gotta make a new score though. You have to "bring it" as I believe the kids would say.
  • You guys are freaks. I give up before even trying. :(
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    IMG_2993.jpg

Why the buggery do you have AI teammates?  Idiots.
  • I'm going to assume that's at least 4 times the score I'll get.
  • 20 points over me? Weird, I was certain I'd cracked over 20k on that level... Hmph (I know whatever score I have wouldn't be eligible for this competition anyway).

Do I really need to download the demo again so I can get on this? ARGH.
  • FFS, 1st attempt on Geo Wars today yields me a new high score. Still would have left me well last, but still, take that Wiltshire!
  • I think it's a conspiracy, I'm sure Oatker and I both popped 20k.

I'M ON TO YOU, DUBS.
  • I'll give this a friendly bump now the long weekend and the E3 madness is over.

Get shooting!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!