Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    9123230535_dcf2398a1e.jpg
    GT6 for PlayStation 3 will see many enhancements, improvements and additions to the game. bringing new levels of authenticity to ‘the Real Driving Simulator’. Features revealed today include stunning new tracks and cars and a much over-hauled user interface. There’s also a new engine which will improve game operation. Meanwhile we are set for expanded connectivity with other devices and increased social and community functions.
    8740564131_6a935beb6d.jpg

The cars and tracks from Gran Turismo 5, which has now sold over 10 million copies since launching in 2010, will return in GT6. But with notable new additions bringing the car line up to over 1200. Players will also be able to customise their rides to an even greater level than ever before.
    Amongst the track line-up, the UK’s famous Silverstone Circuit will be just one of seven new locations in Gran Turismo 6, taking the total to 33, with 71 different layouts available, 19 of them brand new. The really great news is that the already impressive line-up of cars and tracks will be added to by future DLC drops beginning after launch.

Enhancements and improvements also extend to a much-improved course maker function which will provide several tens of square kilometres of gorgeous scenery, including the magnificent backdrop of Andalucía.
    “It is amazing to think that it is 15 years since we first released Gran Turismo,” said Kazunori Yamauchi, during the announcement at Silverstone Circuit. “Things have changed a lot since then and now Gran Turismo 6 is a further evolution of my dream. We’re pleased to deliver GT 6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform. However, we have refactored the game to make it very flexible and expandable, with a view to making many future developments.
    Demo coming in July:
    Full round up:
    Cars featured on the GT6 Silverstone demo (* denotes new to Gran Turismo):
    Acura NSX ’91
    *Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale ’11
    *Alpine A110 1600S ’68
    *Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car ’86
    Ferrari 458 Italia ’09
    *Ferrari Dino 246 GT ’71
    Ford GT ’06
    *KTM X-BOW R ’12
    Lamborghini Countach LP400 ’74
    *Light Car Company Rocket ’07
    McLaren MP4-12C ’10
    *Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 ’11
    Nissan 370Z (Z34) (GT Academy Version) ’08
    Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) ’08
    Nissan GT-R Black edition (GT Academy Version) ’12
    *Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
    Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy Version)
    *Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance ’12
    Toyota 86 GT ‘12

Summary of new Gran Turismo 6 features announced by Kazunori Yamauchi:
    New Game Engine
    • Refactoring
    • Compact, nimble operation
    • Flexible expandability
    • A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3

New Physics Engine
    • New suspension and kinematics model
    • New tyre model
    • New aerodynamics model
    • Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive

1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
    • From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
    • Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
    • Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.
    • Cars will be continually added online

33 locations, 71 layouts
    • 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
    • More new tracks will continue to be provided online

New Course Maker
    • Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
    • A new course generation algorithm

Community/Club/Race Organizer
    • Players can form their own communities
    • Various community levels from local and domestic to global
    • Players themselves can create and manage their own online events

New User Interface
    • Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
    • Quick response
    • Shortening of loading times

Multi Device Compatibility
    • PlayStation®
    • Smart Phone
    • Tablet
    • PC

At the same time as the PS3 version of GT6 the “Real Driving Simulator” launches, a mobile version and web application version of GT6, will be created to enjoy Gran Turismo’s massive community space.
    Bathurst Course Announced:
    “We are very pleased to be able to include Bathurst in our expanded selection of race tracks available in Gran Turismo 6.  Since its inception 15 years ago, Gran Turismo has listened to fan feedback and added extra features so that we now offer 1200 cars and 33 circuits from all across the world. It seems only right that the legendary Mount Panorama circuit is included as fans will now have a chance to drive one of the toughest tracks out there. Described by some as Australia’s very own Nürburgring, this is a formidable track that will provide an exciting new challenge for PlayStation gamers.”

Release Date Confirmed For December 6:
    9560040265_b9ae9e8041_m.jpg9560037459_8c666a99ed_m.jpg

Firstly, anyone who pre-orders the game whether Standard or Anniversary Edition will be able to get their hands on a special five-car pack known as the ‘Precision Pack’.

In addition to the Precision Pack , depending on your retail destination you will have a choice of one of the other four car packs; Torque; Velocity; Performance; Adrenaline or 1M in-game credits to start building your own car collection.

Gran Turismo 6 Anniversary Edition Announced:
    9123230159_f734b8168a.jpg

A special, celebratory ‘Anniversary Edition’, which comes packed with extra content set to make your time with GT6 even more fun (and perhaps make you that little bit more competitive on the race track later this year).

Here’s the run-down of this special product, intended to celebrate 15 years of Gran Turismo’s relentless innovation and pursuit of (digital) automotive perfection.

-Special Polyphony designed 15th Anniversary Steelbook (what you see here is not the final pack design)

-GT6 game

-1M in-game credits

-20 cars with special 15th Anniversary custom livery and performance enhancement

-Custom paint chips, custom race suit, custom race helmet and custom avatars

-Apex II, a brand new updated version of the Apex game guide
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Academy Demo is out July 2nd

Web Store link. Weighs in at 1072GB

image01.jpg
    GT Academy 2013 Introduction

Here's your chance to fulfill your dream in becoming a professional race car driver. The GT Academy 2013 is a driving school open for a limited time, where you can experience Gran Turismo 6 in advance prior to its release.

Players will experience circuit driving guided by GT Academy racing driver Lucas Ordoñez, and learn sports driving skills while attempting to shorten their lap times. The main stage for the Academy is the holy ground of motorsports, the Silverstone circuit. Feel the excitement of the final selection round!

The GT Academy 2013 online qualifiers will run from Tuesday July 2nd to Sunday July 28th. Those ranked in the upper ranks will gain access to the upper levels of the competition.

main.jpg
    Schedule

2 July 2013 until 30 July 2013 GT Academy 2013 demo available for download from the PlayStation®Store

2 July 2013 until 
    18:59 EDT 28 July 2013 The GT Academy 2013 online qualifying event in the demo is available. Please note that the other demo events will be available until 10:59 EDT 31 August 2013

August 31, 2013, 10:59 EDT Expiration of the GT Academy 2013 demo

Gran-Turismo-6-5.jpg
    Participation:

Connect to the PlayStation Store from the XMB (cross media bar) of the PlayStation®3, and download the free GT Academy 2013 demo.

Begin playing the demo. As the demo progresses, GT Academy 2013 will become available, consisting of 5 events. Play the first 4 non-competitive rounds of the demo. Residents of GT Academy 2013 participating territories who progress to the 5th and final round (GT Academy 2013 online qualification round), will be required to accept terms of agreement before proceeding. These terms will be displayed in the demo before the online qualification round and you should only participate in the online qualification round if these terms are acceptable to you.
    image02.jpg
     The result attained in the online qualification round will be used to determine which entrants from GT Academy 2013 participant territories may progress to further stages in the competition. Your ranking within your participating territory will be displayed, so aim for the top!

If you are eligible to progress to further stages of the competition based on your results in the online qualification round, we will contact you using the details registered in your SEN account. Please double check that your contact details in your SEN account are up to date before the end of the online qualifying period on 28 July 2013.

You can check your ranking here
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • You've got a duplicate HTTP bit.
  • For PS3?!
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    By the time it's installed and patched it'll be ready to play by Christmas 2014.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Doesn't mention if Flymo have recorded their V8 model of grassclippers though...;)

Had a crack back at this in 3D again and found it to be fantastic tbh. Would g&t onboard this evening but am out and aboot but will happily grab a PS3 swansong version.

Edit: oof autocorrect of get to g&t...I should see someone about that..hehe
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    isanbard wrote:
    Had a crack back at this in 3D again and found it to be fantastic...
    One of gamings delights.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    A webapp version? Garage fiddling shenanigans on PC/Tablet/Mobile then?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Updated it with pics now. Gave up with the video, tried taking a HTTP out but no change my end
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message

Still wish this was a PS4 title...
  • Agreed. This reads more like a big Gt5 expansion, rather than a new iteration in the series. 

I mean Gt5 already has roughly 1080 cars, so they're only adding 120, and how many Skylines will that include. That and only 7 new tracks - broken up into many configurations - is pretty disappointing imo.

Sounds like they intend to turn it into a massive Dlc cash cow too ;(
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    adored wrote:
    For PS3?!

The mind boggles.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    adored wrote:
    For PS3?!
    The mind boggles.
    I am at an utter loss as to who in Sony or PD Towers would think that this would wash?

Bearing in mind that if this sees a December release we will have been playing on our PS4 for a month, who is seriously going to buy this when you will be able to buy Drive Club and PGR5, car games have always been as much about the shiny, shiny as they have the handling and we all know already that PGR has always had decent handling.

The only thing I can think of is that they were too far down the dev line to change systems once news of the PS4 came about...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I'm less worried about the new gen overshadowing GT6, the GT games sell absolute gangbusters (nearly 3M more then the next best selling exclusive). But totally bemused by this not being a PS4 title. A new GT game would shift tons of new consoles.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    I am at an utter loss as to who in Sony or PD Towers would think that this would wash? Bearing in mind that if this sees a December release we will have been playing on our PS4 for a month, who is seriously going to buy this when you will be able to buy Drive Club and PGR5, car games have always been as much about the shiny, shiny as they have the handling and we all know already that PGR has always had decent handling. The only thing I can think of is that they were too far down the dev line to change systems once news of the PS4 came about...
    Probably that, but they'll have more than 50 million PS3 owners at Christmas, maybe 2 million will have picked up a PS4.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    There's truth in both, GT6 as a PS4 launch would definitely shift more consoles and yes they will sell more copies on PS3 but the problem with that is if everybody did that there'd be no titles for the PS4.

To me it doesn't show great faith if the one title that means Playstation to so many people would rather stick with old tech, it is sort of taking the piss out of the other devs isn't it? Saying to them you go first and establish the console for us with limited sales and then we'll jump in once it's worth our while.

Have Sony mentioned any flagship titles from their own stable that will grace our new lean, mean grilling machine come November?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Killzone, Infamous.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Oh dear...
  • GT6 can sell 10 million, Sony don't have anything else that can do those numbers. They don't need it as a system seller, new consoles should sell out anyway. Perfect game to bundle with a cheap PS3 as they get closer to £100 as well.
  • Maybe Sony have crunched the numbers and decided one GT title per gen is not enough of a return and they want to squeeze a GT 4.5 out. This must be one of those titles that straddles the PS3 and 4, there can be no value in promising a continuous update program for a title that is only available on a last gen console.

Edit: 4.5!? 5.5
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • They'll probably uprez and release on ps4 in fairly short order.

Wait, no, this is Polyphony, so it'll take em 2 years.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    What's the betting they had a contract that stipulated 2 games this gen and PD suddenly shit themselves.
  • Yup, just read a Kaz quote on Ign stating that they have a Ps4 version 'in mind' and it may be possible to transfer your progress from Ps3-Ps4 versions. 

Sry can't link to it, on phone.
  • Please let this version of everyone's favourite GT-R simulator maintain a decent framerate.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    What's the betting they had a contract that stipulated 2 games this gen and PD suddenly shit themselves.
    GT6 does seem to be nothing new and so could quite easily be seen that way.

Putting it another way, there is nothing I can see here that warrants me paying full whack for it having just spent the vest part of £600 on a new Sony console and some games. As it stands I won't be getting it and I am a GT fan, what I'm not a fan of is deception and I feel like I'll be being deceived if they expect me to believe this is GT6 and not GT5.5, I'd rather take a punt on something else.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    Yup, just read a Kaz quote on Ign stating that they have a Ps4 version 'in mind' and it may be possible to transfer your progress from Ps3-Ps4 versions.  Sry can't link to it, on phone.
    I won't be transferring anything if I haven't bought it, shiny could sell it me but I can't see how they could do it to any decent degree?
  • Wait, does this "mobile version" mean the Vita will get a GT6 port?
  • I think they mean playstation phones & tablets, Vita's left out in the cold on this one.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Yup, just read a Kaz quote on Ign stating that they have a Ps4 version 'in mind' and it may be possible to transfer your progress from Ps3-Ps4 versions.  Sry can't link to it, on phone.
    I won't be transferring anything if I haven't bought it, shiny could sell it me but I can't see how they could do it to any decent degree?

They could use the uber detailed photo-mode car models during races, have much more complex Ai behaviour, more cars on track, improved physics & sounds, higher precision lighting etc. Gt6 on Ps4 could be amaze.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    To be fair, most racing games are pretty incremental track and car updates. But I'm still trying to wrap my head around why this is

Gran Turismo 6 - Coming Christmas to Playstation 3 (and maybe Playstation 4)

and not

Gran Turismo 6 - Coming Christmas to PLAYSTATION 4! and Playstation 3
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    isanbard wrote:
    Doesn't mention if Flymo have recorded their V8 model of grassclippers though...

Heh. The old Bushmaster 3000.

R11 and Complex String were the best, I tells ya. GT2's Rome and Rome-Night were nice.
‹ Previous123456728

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!