Gran Turismo 6 Released December 6: OP Updated
  • I really hope there's more of a sense of excitement in GT6. 5 had absolutely no personality whatsoever, the races were boring, far too concerned with driving rather than racing.

During my time with GT5 I never once had an exciting race.
  • Either the AI or the online component needs overhauling..

I did find some of the special events exciting though.. One with a Lambo at night over the random generated roads was exciting.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Bob wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Ramsteelwood said it wasn't appealing to him ;)
    I checked with my mam and she said that my opinion is right. :P
    I was answering Mod's question .. you are of course entitled to not be interested in the best driving game ever.
    yeah, i know.  it was a joke response to avoid turning the thread into an argument where we just keep repeating the same different opinions.  however i felt i should make some response since you used me to counter Mod's point, despite the fact that my point was actually the same as Mod's.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    One with a Lambo at night over the random generated roads was exciting.

That's the only one I remember for the right reasons.
  • I'd of quite liked the Nascar stuff to if it hadn't been so punishingly hard.. I will never understand why games can't be adaptive.. why the game can't work out you've tried the same event 30 times and at least offer you the choice of skipping/making the winning conditions a bit easier..
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Looks like GT6 will be getting new content every month, For how long I dont know but still. 
    An interview with U.S. Gran Turismo producer Taku Imasaki recorded after last month’s GT6 reveal was just recently published by GamerHub.tv, and it contained a few interesting tidbits of information.
    First, Taku confirms that all recent SEMA Gran Turismo Award-winning cars will be available in the game, which would refer to the following:
    2010 GT Awards Winner: Mark Steilow’s ’69 Chevrolet Camaro
    2011 GT Awards Winner: Mary Pozzi’s ’71 Chevrolet Camaro
    2012 GT Awards Winner: David Eckert’s Ford Mach Forty
    These highly customized cars will likely join other previous winners already featured in GT5, including Art Morrison’s 1960 Corvette and JR Rocha’s Infiniti G37.
    Finally, the interview helps shed some light on the large scale of downloadable content players can expect to be released for Gran Turismo 6 after its release, as Taku confirms that “at least one additional track per month will be downloadable.”
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    9123230159_f734b8168a.jpg
    Here’s the run-down of this special product, intended to celebrate 15 years of Gran Turismo’s relentless innovation and pursuit of (digital) automotive perfection.

Special Polyphony designed 15th Anniversary Steelbook (what you see here is not the final pack design)
    GT6 game
    1M in-game credits
    20 cars with special 15th Anniversary custom livery and performance enhancement
    Custom paint chips, custom race suit, custom race helmet and custom avatars
    Apex II, a brand new updated version of the Apex game guide

Completing the line up will be a PS3/GT6 bundle which will also include all of the Anniversary Edition content you see above here.

But the good stuff doesn’t end there – depending on your retail outlet, if you pre-order either edition, not only will you be one of the first on the GT6 starting grid, you could have the chance to pick up 1 million in game credits or a choose from the incredible range of 20 specially designed 15th Anniversary vehicles, with their custom livery and performance enhancement. There’s plenty on offer to whet the appetite – check out the list below:

Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale (2011)
    Alpine A110 1600S (1968)
    Aston Martin V12 Vantage (2010)
    Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) #3 (2012)
    BMW Z4 GT3 (2011)
    Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) (2014)
    Ford Focus ST (2013)
    Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (2013)
    Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) (2011)
    KTM X-BOW R
    Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 (2011)
    Lexus IS F Racing Concept (2008)
    Lotus Europa (type54) (1968)
    Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 2011
    Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport (2013)
    Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 Race Car (2011)
    SRT Viper GTS (2013)
    Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance (2013)
    TRD 86 Racing (2008)
    Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Race Car (2008)
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • What if you want them all? That's one of my biggest beefs with these exclusive pre-orders.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    KTM X-Bow R has sealed this game's purchase for me.
  • Why would you want to start a GT game with 1M in game credits? Surely that would just spoil the entire career mode?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    danclarke wrote:
    Why would you want to start a GT game with 1M in game credits? Surely that would just spoil the entire career mode?
    Without knowing the in's and out's you can't really say how it will effect it, plus remember that restrictions on vehicle and licence/level almost always come into play more than the money needed. When I play from the start I tend to stick with 1 car until I need another but by then I've generally earnt enough money to afford the next vehicle needed anyway.
  • It's not how I remember a GT game.. it's nearly always about grinding out events for more money so you can afford a car for another event..
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    It's not how I remember a GT game.. it's nearly always about grinding out events for more money so you can afford a car for another event..
    In GT5 I seem to remember grinding to achieve a high enough level to compete in certain races though perhaps you are right, it's been a while since I had to do any grinding in a driving game. It is a fucking horrid situation though, I think part of it is the need to win every race which doesn't really happen (outside of Formula Ford!) so perhaps the game should recognise this?

I would love a proper championship where once a race weekend starts that's it, no rewinds, no reloading, you just play. They could allow you to pick up wins via an 'offline' mode for the completionists amongst us but true racing where mechanical sympathy and whatnot come into play would be awesome.
  • Yeah indeed. And where the same AI drivers didn't come in the same positions.. or had a retirement.. I'm with you Moto.
  • Didn't realise the demo drops next week.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Chief wrote:
    Didn't realise the demo drops next week.
    Does it?

For a game that is coming out in December that is a little bit worrying...
  • I remember them announcing the demo'd be summer when the game was first shown, but it's now been confirmed for July 2nd. I'm hoping it'll showcase a smarter, more race-minded AI for a change.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    At least they are not selling us the demo this time.

They're not, are they?
  • I assume not. They're calling it a demo rather than "Prologue" or some other rubbish.
  • It's this years GT Academy thingy. Starts July 2nd and Silverstone is the featured track. 

All the info is on the official site, would post a link but can't from my phone.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I haven't found it genuinely exciting since 2, and I prefer the rewards that came from the original's easier loss of control.

It's now too visually slow to convince my senses (though in fairness, you'd need hydraulics these days to achieve that), with an overly progressive and highly extended loss of grip.

I think the original's magic was progressive grip-loss up until a sharply defined point of snap-oversteer, gifting the player the challenge of riding those limits as tightly as possible, and thus it felt like racing.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I think GT5 has been by far the best of the bunch.
  • Are we having a bit of friendly forum (leaderboard) competition with this demo then?
  • danclarke wrote:
    Why would you want to start a GT game with 1M in game credits? Surely that would just spoil the entire career mode?
    Indeed. The best moments in any GT game are, for me, those first few races where you choose a ratty old Japanese hot hatch from the 80s or 90s and have ultra close finishes for a few games before your greed gets the better of you and you only enter cars that have 4x the horsepower of the rest of the field.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Ali wrote:
    The best moments in any GT game are, for me, those first few races where you choose a ratty old Japanese hot hatch from the 80s or 90s and have ultra close finishes for a few games before your greed gets the better of you and you only enter cars that have 4x the horsepower of the rest of the field.
    I always go down the lighten/stiffen/brakes route before I spend a penny on adding more horses.
  • Are we having a bit of friendly forum (leaderboard) competition with this demo then?

Be rude not to.
  • I've deleted about 11gb of various GT5 data in preparation
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    no sign of the demo yet, I read it was at 8am.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Seems that the GT Academy 2013 starts at 8am and the demo will drop whenever the store usually updates. That's about 12 isn't it Retro?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    can be hit and miss today especially as its Tuesday. Il keep an eye on it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!