Star Trek
  • D'you think he looked at Klingons and literally confused their high brows with being highbrow.
  • He may have thought that was the 'mystery box'.
  • 100% yes, Tin robot. Watched the new un today; enjoyed.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Its interesting how many people liked DS9 as I wasn't a fan. To be honest though while Ive watched most of the different entry's I didn't really like many unless they were more action action based episodes.

StarTreks many politically motivated episodes and films just irritated.
  • DS9 was utter gash.

tru

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Verecocha wrote:

StarTreks many politically motivated episodes and films just irritated.

Those are the best ones!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Got through I - IV this weekend. Had totally forgotten the plot of Motion Picture, was much better than I remembered. Though the uniforms were awful. (Plus, "uniform" was a bit of a stretch - everyone was wearing something slightly different, and would change uniforms between scenes.) All Dr. McCoy did was enter the bridge at the start of a scene, not say a word, and then leave it again. Got quite comic by the fifth or sixth time he did it. II and IV remain highlights, while III is not as bad as my memory would have me believe.

Not looking forward to V, but consoling myself with the thought that VI and 2009 are up after that.

Oh, and political episodes were the best? Nah. The best episodes (at least of DS9) were the ones were everything was kicking off. The station being assaulted by the Jem'Hadar was a real highlight.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    There's a lot of bad in V, but there's plenty of good to.

Best episodes are the character focused ones. The one where Picard goes back to France and gets drunk in a vineyard, the one where Garak is going through withdrawal, and the one where Quark falls in love with a Klingon spring to mind.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    A quick search to see if I'd spelt Garak right makes it clear that there's a lot of Garak/Bashir slash fiction out there.

Garak_and_Bashir_by_karracaz.jpg
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Because the Internet.
  • Man, I hate that guy.
  • DS9 was mostly sheeiit! Great actors; mediocore scritps. Last series' espiosdes were rushed and kira bcame progressivley anoying as fuck since day one. I'm drunk. .?,DRnjc
  • That's not logical.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    There's a lot of bad in V, but there's plenty of good to.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I'd painted Motion Picture and III in my head as travesties against man kind, and they're not that bad in the end. Hopefully my anti-rose tinted spectacles come off for V, too.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I always thought Motion Picture was the only proper grown up movie they did.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Why's 6 not grown up?
  • new star trek makes me sad.
  • Why's 6 not grown up?
    I had to google that.
    It's better than the one with whales and the direction they where headed in, but still not quite as grown up in tone than the first.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • 'The Motion Picture' was weird, and is certainly a film that deserves some reappraisal I think.

It's easy to see that it was an episode (of series reboot Phase Two) stretched beyond its means, and that it was attempting to cash in on the 'big SciFi' of films like 2001 and Blade Runner, as it's a film of ideas over action.

Part of the problem lies in the fact that V'ge is an impossible foe; it's infinrely bigger, bette and more unknowable than any traditional movie antagonist, a point lamented by the script writers who struggled greatly with the final act because there was no satisfactory was to 'defeat' it.

It's a muddled and interesting film, certainly a lot better than the reputation it has earned I think.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    It's like a decent if forgettable episode, its only real problem is it's too damn long.

• I've attempted to get through The Motion Picture three times over the years and never got as far as halfway through.  It's fucking murder.  I'll get there one day though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Motion Picture is a mixed bag, that's for sure. It tries to be 2001 in places, with the extended 'flying through the trippy cloud' malarky. Everyone on the ship seems to have their own uniform, which rather negates the meaning of the word. Plus, the acting of the lass post-robotification is just painful. Finally, Kirk makes a big deal about Bones being on the ship, and then McCoy does bugger all. Except enter the bridge at the start of a scene, look shocked for a bit, and then leave at the end, without saying a word.

It's pretty terrifying that the Voyager probes have actually left the solar system now*, given that the film was released about the time they were launching them. Shame they never got as high as six craft, though.

*Maybe.
  • Just watched Into Darkness.

I thought it was excellent. The Cumberbatch was excellent. Quinto was excellent. The whole cast were excellent, barring Blonde Gal and Pegg, who did a decent enough job.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I thought Pegg was one of the best things in the film.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Pegg stole scenes like a boss. 

Other than that, I agree the whole cast were excellent.
  • Just watched Into Darkness. I thought it was excellent. The Cumberbatch was excellent. Quinto was excellent. The whole cast were excellent, barring Blonde Gal and Pegg, who did a decent enough job.

The blonde gal's brief, gratuitous semi-nudity was enough to justify her presence in the film. Pegg was aiight.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    She was in her underoos.

Baps out is semi-nudity in my book. Which would have been more than welcome. Who is she? She was foxy. Apart from the awful overacting towards the end.
  • Woman out of the Nescafe advert and Shoestring's daughter, Alice Eve.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!