A thread for the pets
  • I'm pretty sure dogs can be vegetarian. No cat would stand for it though.
  • My friend who is about as vegan a vegan as you'll ever find, has about a dozen cats, several rabbits, a couple of chickens, some weird looking birds, and lots of strange rodent things with names I've never heard of. I'll ask her about it next time I stay at hers.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    The Princess is really into croissants, she'll also finish any sushi that's left, and is a big fan of canned tuna.  

Pixel on the other hand, even after losing all that weight, is still really picky of what to eat. At one point we had 3 different brands of dry food, and 2 of the pate stuff. Still didn't eat, as it wasn't "fresh" enough, We got something this morning, for the "connoisseurs" among cats. Seems to be the trick, just had it one day though.

No way I'm gonna try to get one of them on a non meat diet, it's hard enough to satisfy them with normal cat food.
  • Plus with cats, if you're not dishing up the good stuff, there's always an elderly neighbour who will.
  • That or they do that thing where they skin a mouse leaving the head and guts on your doorstep
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Anyone had a budgie, or know about them etc?

Me dad and his missus are worried about theirs as hes just changed in the space of about a week, and we know budgies don't show signs of illness due to natural defence etc.
  • so is the general consensus here that cat owners are smarter than dog owners or what? 

Being a dog owner I hate the superiority that cat owners try to lord over the true masters of the animal world...
  • Anyone had a budgie, or know about them etc? Me dad and his missus are worried about theirs as hes just changed in the space of about a week, and we know budgies don't show signs of illness due to natural defence etc.

We always had budgies when I was a kid.  I also had a bad run at keeping them myself in my early 20s.  One escaped, one got a massive cyst on its wing and one fell into a bucket of bleach.  What's changed with their budgie?  Eating habits or personality?
  • ammypaint.jpg
    So, some of the kids found some arts and crafts paint in the shed, which naturally found its way on to Ammy.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It looks like we have an extra cat for the night, and a black one even. Went out for a walk and take some photo's, while on the way out this little black fella crossed our paths (almost literally). Kept following us, and he is now "interacting" with the 2 others. The Princess is playing boss, Pixel is sleeping.

Little one was very hungry, but doesn't look like a streetcat, so I hope we're able to find his owner. And that it doesn't make on of our cats sick.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Anyone had a budgie, or know about them etc? Me dad and his missus are worried about theirs as hes just changed in the space of about a week, and we know budgies don't show signs of illness due to natural defence etc.
    We always had budgies when I was a kid.  I also had a bad run at keeping them myself in my early 20s.  One escaped, one got a massive cyst on its wing and one fell into a bucket of bleach.  What's changed with their budgie?  Eating habits or personality?

Its lethargic, yesterday it went for its seed 11 times (it normally goes twice) and a big black mark has appeared on its beak. It also hasn't chirped in a week.
  • so is the general consensus here that cat owners are smarter than dog owners or what?  Being a dog owner I hate the superiority that cat owners try to lord over the true masters of the animal world...

Cats are great if you like having pets that hate you.
  • revelcorgi.jpgMy wife made me get ride of my dog 
    when we got divorced. She refused to 
    Keep him until I found some place to live.
    That was two years ago. 
    He's called Revel.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Unlikely wrote:
    so is the general consensus here that cat owners are smarter than dog owners or what?  Being a dog owner I hate the superiority that cat owners try to lord over the true masters of the animal world...
    Cats are great if you like having pets that hate you.

If cats looked like frogs they would be wiped of the face of the planet.. the  p l a n e t
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • revelcorgi.jpgMy wife made me get ride of my dog  when we got divorced. She refused to  Keep him until I found some place to live. That was two years ago.  He's called Revel.

I'm sad already today and that's just made me sadder :(

Noone should ever have to give up a pet for those reasons. A pox on the ex.
  • revelcorgi.jpgMy wife made me get ride of my dog  when we got divorced. She refused to  Keep him until I found some place to live. That was two years ago.  He's called Revel.
    I'm sad already today and that's just made me sadder :( Noone should ever have to give up a pet for those reasons. A pox on the ex.

He got a new home 2 weeks later and is very much loved. 
    happyhound_1_1661.jpg

See Mostly? He's smiling :D
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Cats are great, fuq da h8rs. Nina will tell you...
    Nina wrote:
    The Princess is really into croissants, she'll also finish any sushi that's left, and is a big fan of canned tuna.   Pixel on the other hand, even after losing all that weight, is still really picky of what to eat. At one point we had 3 different brands of dry food, and 2 of the pate stuff. Still didn't eat, as it wasn't "fresh" enough, We got something this morning, for the "connoisseurs" among cats. Seems to be the trick, just had it one day though. No way I'm gonna try to get one of them on a non meat diet, it's hard enough to satisfy them with normal cat food.

...or maybe not...

I'll second Kim's vegie dog comment, pretty sure they're omnivorous.

My lady's cat is settling in.  He's small and timid but gradually finding his way around.  Apparently he destroyed a woollen  jumper, so he's obviously coming good.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Happier now, thanks :)

Do you wish me to cancel the ex-pox? There is a cooling off period for the order.
  • Happier now, thanks :) Do you wish me to cancel the ex-pox? There is a cooling off period for the order.

Im...sorry..you're...breaking...up...can't...hear...you....
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    uCA1B.png
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Anyone had a budgie, or know about them etc? Me dad and his missus are worried about theirs as hes just changed in the space of about a week, and we know budgies don't show signs of illness due to natural defence etc.

Its lethargic, yesterday it went for its seed 11 times (it normally goes twice) and a big black mark has appeared on its beak. It also hasn't chirped in a week.

The problem with budgies is that I've never had one that got ill in the same way as any of the others. Even vets don't seem to know what they're doing half the time - when one of mine got a cyst on its wing, they stuck a needle in it, drained the fluid, charged me £56 and sent me home with a pet that didn't see the morning. The black mark thing sounds ominous, moreso than the eating habits (which does sound strange, although perhaps the owners are subconsciously looking for oddities as it's behaving differently - we had budgies for two decades and I couldn't tell you how often any of them ate). Despite knocking vets for the first half of this paragraph it sounds like time for a check up. Sorry I can't be more help, like I said I didn't have a great track record keeping them, even though I've technically got the experience. I do know they can suffer from heart problems, which would fit with the lethargy perhaps.
  • Such works.
  • I don't think Brookscats hate me.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moot: Cheers :)

Seems it was just them two getting overly worried. The marks still there but he's kind evened out a bit recently. Told them to get it to the vets though.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    I don't think Brook scats hate me.
    fixed
  • Skerret wrote:
    uCA1B.png

I have to steal this.
  • Brooks wrote:
    I don't think Brookscats hate me.

Yeah but one day you'll trip and do your back in and be unable to move and be all like "cats, cats, call for help" and the cats WILL NOT CALL FOR HELP they will eat you from the feet up.
  • Well they would need feeding, and I would be unable to otherwise tend to that need.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Like Verger's boars, but smaller.
  • I'd quite like a boar. Big hairy ol' pig to go talk at on a balmy Sunday morn, the pair of us munching raw potatoes because he likes them and I'm lazy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!