Mobile Gaming (iOS/Android/Other)
  • Got Gauge. Not sure about the 9, but it's definitely a good app. I seem to be quite high on the 'touch' leaderboard. Maybe cos no one has played it much yet. 

It's a high score game. I'll be possibly playing it quite a lot.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • My highest score is around 63 million. 
    It's fun-ish, but I haven't seen any genius that merits a 9
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Tried Gauge this morning. Nice little and alright. A videogame retelling of Icarus through an expanding bar.
    I haven't purchased the full game but I can see it warranting a 9. It's compelling and pretty much perfect execution.
    And I scored 114 225 386 million on it.
    19th! This game is brilliant. Once you get the 2nd gauge understood the complexity gets much bigger. The 2nd one increases at a slightly faster rate do getting them both up around the top becomes very tricky

Edited for cockiness
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Don't know if anyone has mentioned Zen Pinball on iPad, but it really is excellent. Tables are varied, the ball physics are spot on and it looks great.
  • Shinji wrote:
    Tried Gauge this morning. Nice little and alright. A videogame retelling of Icarus through an expanding bar.
    I haven't purchased the full game but I can see it warranting a 9. It's compelling and pretty much perfect execution.
    And I scored 114 225 386 million on it.
    19th! This game is brilliant. Once you get the 2nd gauge understood the complexity gets much bigger. The 2nd one increases at a slightly faster rate do getting them both up around the top becomes very tricky

Edited for cockiness

i like this post

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Don't know if anyone has mentioned Zen Pinball on iPad, but it really is excellent. Tables are varied, the ball physics are spot on and it looks great.

Ooh. In the absence of a pinball game for Vita I might just grab this
  • mk64 wrote:
    i like this post

You may have noticed that my enthusiasm increases with my top score.

Just hit 617 million, which put me in 7th overall on time mode. GOTY
  • Can't see you on the leaderboard. What's your username?

I've only played one session and managed to place 5th on Touch mode. Now been pushed down to 7th.
  • I'm Lateralyte on GameCentre. 

I should buy the game, are the extra modes any good?
    Also: request sent
  • Thanks. I was looking for you on Limitless which is what I thought the demo was. I was obviously wrong. I bought the game straight away. Tend not to hesitate with decent 69p games, doesn't break the bank!

Limitless does what it says on the tin. Touch gives you limited touches. Otherwise they're just the same. Can't complain for 69p. 

I'll try and get better scores later. Off to see Prometheus now.
  • So, the guys who made Mega Jump have now released Mega Run. It's free and looks stunning.
    It's quite fun too.
  • Broke 2 billion on Limitless Gauge. Got into the top 20
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Gauge isn't my bag at all, a waste of 69p for me.

I'm currently trying Cargo-Bot, it's a free game made using Codea and entirely coded on the iPad...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Im hooked on Worms Crazy Golf. Best 69p I've spent in months.
  • FranticPea wrote:

Have you tried Super Stickman Golf? If not, you should. If you have, how does it compare?
  • I just spent 5 hours playing Sid Meiers Pirates! on the iPad this evening. 

Bloody brilliant. How have I only just discovered this?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Shinji wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Have you tried Super Stickman Golf? If not, you should. If you have, how does it compare?

Yeh, I had that on my Android. Worms is 100 times more fun. 

Hitting a groundsman worm near the green, who in turn detonates himself and the explosion causes your ball to slowly plop in the hole. Brilliant. 

It's a top game.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I just spent 5 hours playing Sid Meiers Pirates! on the iPad this evening.  Bloody brilliant. How have I only just discovered this?

Holy Crap!! 

£1.99? Ok. Goodbye job.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    I just spent 5 hours playing Sid Meiers Pirates! on the iPad this evening.  Bloody brilliant. How have I only just discovered this?
    Holy Crap!!  £1.99? Ok. Goodbye job.
    It's £2.99 for iPad...

I'm just getting it now.
  • I bought it when it was on sale for 99p
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

It's amazing!  Have bought all the extra tables and can't put it down.  Do you use open feint?  Would be quality to compare scores.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've Zen but not bought the tables yet, are they worth it?

I must say that this iPad 3 is one of the best things I have ever bought!
  • Moto70 wrote:
    I must say that this iPad 3 is one of the best things I have ever bought!

Agreed. Rarely have mine out of arms reach
  • Moto70 wrote:
    I've Zen but not bought the tables yet, are they worth it? I must say that this iPad 3 is one of the best things I have ever bought!

Absolutely, the non marvel tables are 69p each and these are the ones I play most but the marvel ones are ace too
  • Shinji wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    i like this post
    You may have noticed that my enthusiasm increases with my top score. Just hit 617 million, which put me in 7th overall on time mode. GOTY

I'm trying it now..  2 mill
    7 mill
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I'm trying it now..  2 mill 7 mill

Once you get the feel for the 2nd gauge the scores will fly up
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I wish I could have my 69p back, I can't understand the love for it?

I'm still desperate for news on a Walking Dead release date and before I commit to Deadlight (XBLA) I'm going to make sure there are no intentions for it to see an iOS release. There are so many games I'd love to play on my iPad.
  • Shinji wrote:
    I'm trying it now..  2 mill 7 mill
    Once you get the feel for the 2nd gauge the scores will fly up

I just remembered I'm at work and therefore not enjoying myself. 

I think a pretend fart and rush to the toilet is in order.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I am almost on the point of raving about zen pinball.  Haven't been able to put it down for most of the day!  How kilted got 74million on the sorcery one I have no idea??  Everyone should get this.  now.
  • Jimmy, I have this. Think I'm mrpabloamigo on Game Centre(sic)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!