Xbox One
  • Hopefully you can just use a 360 headset, cant see why not.

Lithium play and charge kit is good news, wasnt the old one just two rechargeable batteries in a case?
  • Bojangles wrote:
    I thought that as well but fuck that. Does anyone here use their existing Kinect mic for game chat? It's shit and totally ruins the games' sound. I don't want that, I want a basic headset that allows me to chat and to lower or mute my mic and everyone else's at the touch of a button. I want what I have now, that's all. Why complicate something so bloody simple?

It looks like old headsets won't work on the new controller from the pins on the new one?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Bojangles wrote:
    I thought that as well but fuck that. Does anyone here use their existing Kinect mic for game chat? It's shit and totally ruins the games' sound. I don't want that, I want a basic headset that allows me to chat and to lower or mute my mic and everyone else's at the touch of a button. I want what I have now, that's all. Why complicate something so bloody simple?

Cost. If they chucked a headset in the box the console might end up being ruinously expe... sorry, forget I said anything.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    It's choice as well.

There's no point making you pay for something you might not want or need.

I want a headset with a proper on ear pad and a mic next to my mouth. I don't see why I should be forced to pay for a poxy in ear mobile phone effort with lapel mic.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    OP updated.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    There's no point making you pay for something you might not want or need.
    Unless its got potential ;-)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Hopefully you can just use a 360 headset, cant see why not.

They've changed connectors?

[edit]

Yes, they have - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/turtle-beach-unveils-xbox-one-and-call-of-duty-ghosts-headsets

Not bad if you only had a cheapie, but a kick for those with expensive gear.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    It's choice as well. There's no point making you pay for something you might not want or need.

Absolutely. You wouldn't want to add something else in there that people may have shown that they have no desire or need for but which you're forcing them to pay for anyw... sorry, forget I said anything.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    You could never properly have cross generational play, in the same way you could never properly have cross platform play.

Seen Nexuiz before? Tested between Mac, Linux and PC many moons ago. Had no idea it had made it on to XBLA. I presume that's cross platform.

Nexuiz was originally developed in the summer of 2002. The goal of the project was to create a high quality first person shooter that could be played freely across all platforms in one package: PC, Mac, and Linux. The engine that powered Nexuiz was Forest Hale’s Darkplaces engine.

The first version of the game was released in 2005. Development continued with many online contributors over the years, with version 2.5 released in October of 2009. Since its release it has been downloaded over 6 million times, and is included with many Linux distributions.

In mid-2010 it was announced that a new XBLA, PSN, and Steam downloadable remake of Nexuiz would be done from the ground up by IllFonic using Crytek’s CryENGINE3 game engine. Illfonic’s Nexuiz was released for XBLA in February 2012, and Steam May 3rd 2012

http://www.alientrap.org/games/nexuiz

edit: XBLA doesn't look x-platform. Shame.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    So that's two whooshes then.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Wasn't 360 Doom cross-plat?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    So that's two whooshes then.

I hope they weren't paid for.
  • So everyone slagged off Sony for not having headsets as no one used them on  Psn and Microsoft are going down the same route with Sony now supplying with the console !

Microsoft really are fucking solid !!! Next you'll have to buy batteries to use the controller . How much do the headsets fucking cost them - fucking wankers !!
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • From a personal point of view, the lack of headset in the box wasn't really an issue for me as I had a headset from SCOM on the PS2.

It definitely had an effect on the online though.  If nothing else it gave the impression that MS took online play more seriously than Sony did.

I think it's a mistake but a relatively minor one probably.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    If nothing else it gave the impression that MS took online play more seriously than Sony did.

For better or worse, it certainly boosted the number of users.

(It's beginning to read like I'm entirely anti-Microsoft, but I think they did some great things in the first half of Live's run. Didn't so much unravel as remain static while Sony caught up.)
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    From a personal point of view, the lack of headset in the box wasn't really an issue for me as I had a headset from SCOM on the PS2. It definitely had an effect on the online though.  If nothing else it gave the impression that MS took online play more seriously than Sony did. I think it's a mistake but a relatively minor one probably.

But when spending £430 you'd expect one. I play most of my Mp at night when the Mrs is in bed , I don't want to be shouting across the room using the Kinect
  • And another good thing Sony did was that you could use any Bluetooth headset.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    And another good thing Sony did was that you could use any Bluetooth headset.
    ...like you now can on the Xbox One.

What people moaning about the lack of a bundled headset seem to be forgetting is that you can chat using Kinect, so whereas the PS3 gave you no out-of-the-box option to chat the Xbox One does.

I cannot believe the levels of, I can't think of any other word, fanboyism I am seeing.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I haven't read anything as yet that I wouldn't take in good humour.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:

Got a link for that? That's a good move.

What people moaning about the lack of a bundled headset seem to be forgetting is that you can chat using Kinect.

You haven't tried this in-game with an Eye, have you?

I think Davie has. Until his crispy debris done for it.
  • Kinect =! a headset. Have you chatted to someone on Live with Kinect during a game? Fuckin' dire.
  • Somebody will craft an adaptor for the old headsets will they not?

I'm torn, the games and seven years of good times are swinging me towards the One, the price and out of the box power tempts me to the Four. The scaremongering over Kinect, DRM, security checks doesn't dissuade, but I doubt I'm a day one for either offering. The next five months will inform me more.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Somebody as already said that you can't.  I'm not taking their word over yours, but it did seem confirmed.  Clarity would be good.

Also, people have highlighted their legitimate issues with using Kinect for chat.  It's not fanboyism if there's a genuine problem, which it seems there is.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    ...like you now can on the Xbox One. What people moaning about the lack of a bundled headset seem to be forgetting is that you can chat using Kinect, so whereas the PS3 gave you no out-of-the-box option to chat the Xbox One does. I cannot believe the levels of, I can't think of any other word, fanboyism I am seeing.

Not sure what in that statement was fanboyism. People are queryng why MS have sitched the headset in every box, Kinect is a poor alternative.

No-one needed chat on PS3 as it had no games and no online.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    ...like you now can on the Xbox One. What people moaning about the lack of a bundled headset seem to be forgetting is that you can chat using Kinect, so whereas the PS3 gave you no out-of-the-box option to chat the Xbox One does. I cannot believe the levels of, I can't think of any other word, fanboyism I am seeing.

No fanboyism here by the way. Not everyone who slags off Microsoft is a fucking Sony fanboy for fucks sake , you need to get a grip !

I'm getting an Xbox One
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    All I'm saying is people are moaning about no headset for what reason? I'm guessing for chatting, well there is a working solution in the box. I know that it's a bit crap but it does work but on the flipside who moaned about buying a wireless headset for their 360 or their PS3, I don't know anybody that did and it is exactly what I'll be doing again for both consoles, fuck having a wire getting tangled up or a headset that turns off when the controller does.

I didn't know that about the BlueTooth, that is fucked up and a mistake, they shouldn't be advertising the fact it has BlueTooth if you can't use it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I still use my wired headset. Fuck having to remember to recharge my headset or forgetting and having it run out half way through a session.
  • Moto,You've got to stop suggesting that your solution is everyone's optimal solution, and that people who are rightly looking at something and going 'well that's dumb' as meaning they're massive fanboys. I can see it's dumb, and i'm probably not buying either console.

People thought Sony were silly to not capitalise on online chat by not putting a headset in the box. Microsoft, whose Live strategy was pretty much solid until PS+ came around knew that a headset in the box was important for online. Sure, you can buy another headset, but the whole principle of not putting one in the box seems like Microsoft not really getting why people like Xbox Live, and again just showing that they don't really seem to grasp what made the 360 so fucking great.

I've also used a wired headset since I got my 360. Again, your solution =! everyone elses.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    My wireless 360 headset sits behind the console and luckily it charges through USB even when the 360 is off. I'll be buggered without this on either console as I cannot stand using a wired headset...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!