Xbox One
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fair play. It works for you, wired works for me. Unfortunately, voice chat through Kinect doesn't seem to work for anyone.
  • I have always used a wired one from the box.

Worked fine (well my first one did, the one that came with my slim never worked right, pretty sure it was broken,so went back to the old one)
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I used to spend a lot of time playing and drinking, there comes a stage when that wire may as well have been a throw net, I'd be knocking drinks over, tripping over it, and this is without the dogs getting in the way.

No, wireless is a lot safer for me!
  • Haha.

I remember a friend hoofing his Playstation across the room under similar circumstances.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Fair play. It works for you, wired works for me. Unfortunately, voice chat through Kinect doesn't seem to work for anyone.

Davie used to use the mic in his PS Eye, if he ever bought a One he'd be fine with it I'm sure.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Davie used to use the mic in his PS Eye

Choir practice.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Anyone except Davie who's not buying an Xbox anyway, then.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Never say never but Sony are getting too much right for me this time round to justify getting both. My favourite games on the 360 in the last year were Minecraft and Trials, which only leaves Minecraft now.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Not including a headset is silly, maybe.

Deal breaking, no.

Stingy, fuck yes.
  • "We got 40 million on Xbox Live who love to play and communicate on Xbox so we're increasing their friend lists, letting them transfer their gamertags and absolutely not putting the same standard of communication in the box. Thanks for supporting us twerps."
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Has anybody heard anything about projected/anticipated first year sales expectations/targets?
  • No, but they want lifetime sales of the one to hit 1 Billion.

Edit: balls, not they aren't. Something like 400 million in 10 years.
  • Last I heard they were asking if they could have another guess.
  • JMW wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Never say never but Sony are getting too much right for me this time round to justify getting both. My favourite games on the 360 in the last year were Minecraft and Trials, which only leaves Minecraft now.

I believe Minecraft will probably be on the PS4 as well.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I dunno.

Old "Notch" might be many things but allergic to money isn't one of them.
  • Indeed.
    As we know just how much Markus ‘Notch’ Persson really loves his tweets being posted as news (hint: he doesn’t), here is is his latest update in 140 characters or less:

“I can’t comment on other consoles for Minecraft. I’m not sure I’m even allowed to say this. In totally unrelated news, patience is a virtue!”

Earlier on he had also tweeted encouraging comments regarding the PlayStation 4.

“I’m about as excited for the PS4 as I am to get away from GUI programming once I finish this one thing. And that’s pretty darn excited,” and “Sony did everything (almost) right. MS did not.”

So to recap: Something, perhaps a loaded gun, the threat of ferrets down his trousers or just maybe a large wodge of cash and a gagging clause, is stopping Notch from talking about Minecraft on other consoles for now.

That’s it, no more news here, move along people, move along.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    Never say never but Sony are getting too much right for me this time round to justify getting both.

I only bought a 360 because I wanted to play fighting games against 'the other side'. I'll do it again if necessary, but my personal preference is still for what I hope Sony will continue to publish.

Who's for and against a continuation of the last gen, where most games are multi-format? Part of me says the old days of near-totally discrete software were better for us, but god knows we moaned at the time. The widely recognised badness of dominance didn't stop us dreaming.

I'd recommend another stab at 3DOing, with all three companies going software-only on a shared platform, produced by each (or their contractors) in various flavours. The single rule would have to be uniform components in relation to power. Separate add-ons, online payments, peripherals, OSes and feature sets.

The consoles could be expensive if the online fees and games were cheap. The games more vitally so than the fees.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Indeed.
    As we know just how much Markus ‘Notch’ Persson really loves his tweets being posted as news (hint: he doesn’t), here is is his latest update in 140 characters or less: “I can’t comment on other consoles for Minecraft. I’m not sure I’m even allowed to say this. In totally unrelated news, patience is a virtue!” Earlier on he had also tweeted encouraging comments regarding the PlayStation 4. “I’m about as excited for the PS4 as I am to get away from GUI programming once I finish this one thing. And that’s pretty darn excited,” and “Sony did everything (almost) right. MS did not.” So to recap: Something, perhaps a loaded gun, the threat of ferrets down his trousers or just maybe a large wodge of cash and a gagging clause, is stopping Notch from talking about Minecraft on other consoles for now. That’s it, no more news here, move along people, move along.
    So he's a hypocrite? I'm not entirely sure I understand what he is saying?
  • Microsoft have got an NDA on his ass.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    He's saying he's made his money from MS, it's now time to cash in at Sony.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    He's saying he's made his money from MS, it's now time to cash in at Sony.
    Ah right.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    JMW wrote:
    Never say never but Sony are getting too much right for me this time round to justify getting both.
    I only bought a 360 because I wanted to play fighting games against 'the other side'. I'll do it again if necessary, but my personal preference is still for what I hope Sony will continue to publish. Who's for and against a continuation of the last gen, where most games are multi-format? Part of me says the old days of near-totally discrete software were better for us, but god knows we moaned at the time. The widely recognised badness of dominance didn't stop us dreaming. I'd recommend another stab at 3DOing, with all three companies going software-only on a shared platform, produced by each (or their contractors) in various flavours. The single rule would have to be uniform components in relation to power. Separate add-ons, online payments, peripherals, OSes and feature sets. The consoles could be expensive if the online fees and games were cheap. The games more vitally so than the fees.

No reason why a future doesn't have hardware emulation / PCI bridge cards of One and Four.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It's al I've wanted a modular console.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Not including a headset is silly, maybe.

Deal breaking, no.

Stingy, fuck yes.

It's fucking stupid. They knew that a mic was a given for Live from the day they launched it. I still have my original mic somewhere.

And there's a bloody good chance that for some it will be the straw that broke the camels back in terms of cost. For new adopters to Xbox and Live it's another cost added to the already scary price of the console with Live and a game. £550 or thereabouts is a fucking mental price.
  • Cant believe they aren't bundling a headset, especially as they have changed the connectors and even my turtle beaches wont work. Hopefully all it needs is a new cable from pad to TBs and that's it, but it is very frustrating there isn't a headset in the box. I mean Jesus the ones that come with the 360 now can't be that expensive to make.

Yeah Kinect can be used but it isn't the same, and its not just my voice but the people I'm playing with as well. Having 15 team members voices coming out the tv will not be very good.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • The other pretty much automatic additional cost for me is another controller, and they're not cheap this time round, on either console.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It is ridiculous but I never expected a headset I would actually use to be bundled in the box. To be fair this system is always going to be on the breadline for some people but the fact of the matter is it still has a fuckton more technology than a phone and they are even more expensive than this console.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    The other pretty much automatic additional cost for me is another controller, and they're not cheap this time round, on either console.

Yeah, the plus of being able to play offline Quat with my dad is the minus of buying another non-greased controller.

He'd gub it up proper.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Wipe the crisps' grease on the trousers, innit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!