Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It does look amazing although I wonder how much fun it will actually be.
    You were the one that convinced me to finish Halo on Solo Legendary, when did fun become part of your gaming?

I think with me ranting, you running off and Johnny Boy saying "Och no!" fun will certainly be part of this!!!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Halo solo legendary is one of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had, but I would struggle to describe very much of it as fun.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    At least the first time through.
  • Absolutely. I ripped my bedroom door handle off whilst trying to do CE back in the day. Agonisingly, blisteringly beautiful gaming experience.
  • Is is solely multiplayer? I hate real people.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Possibly not - the demo showed a small squad fighting what looked to be AI enemies, because IIRC at the end they come up against nametagged enemies and they say over voicechat "oh look, it's a player team" - so it seems like there's PvE and PvP from the vid shown.

However, could go either way - depends how they want to run the MMO portion of it - either everyone all playing on instanced shards, or allow players who don't like PvP to run their own co-op game, where it's just them and their friends in their own instance of the game storyline fighting against AI. Early days yet though.
  • The frustration of being stuck in the air while everyone else cocks up would ruin you.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Looks like I was right in thinking it was co-op and MP...

Ubisoft's senior community developer for The Division has dropped some new information about the MMO's multiplayer and PvP experience.

"Player vs. Player combat will play a very big role in our game," wrote Antoine Emond on Ubisoft's blog. "The choices you make as a Division agent can either spur a recovery or plunge the city further into chaos. The people you meet in certain areas of the game can either be your best friends or your worst enemies. So you'll constantly be making decisions that will impact the world around you."

The Division is a Tom Clancy-branded open world multiplayer RPG, set in New York, in which a viral outbreak has brought civilization to the brink of collapse. The game, developed by Ubisoft Massive, was warmly received when first revealed at E3 earlier this month.

"Exploration, objectives and player progression are all essential," added Emond. "You can team up with a group of friends in co-op and jump in and jump out at any time. In certain areas, you can also seamlessly engage in PvP and experience suspenseful scenarios where danger can come from anywhere and anyone."

The game is set to be launched for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, although no release date has been confirmed.

Fans on Ubisoft's blog asked Emond about clan support. "Right now we have no plans to cap the number of players who can be affiliated to any particular clan," he replied. "We are also looking to have a very extensive web-based clan support system for all players in The Division. But we should have more to come around all this soon."
  • I'm a bit disappointed that all we have seen of this title is that E3 demo.
    For me it was the one game that came out of nowhere and left me the most interested in next gen (because everything else i am interested in is coming out on current gen).
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • It's not out until the end of next year apparently.  They probably don't have all that much more to show at this point.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    It's not out until the end of next year apparently.  They probably don't have all that much more to show at this point.
    Well that is just the wankest news I've heard today.
  • Yep.  From that Eurogamer article.
    The PlayStation 4 build of The Division shown during at Ubisoft's conference effectively gives a solid 30fps throughout. There's an occasional tear near the bottom of the screen, but it's early days for a game, given that it's scheduled for a late 2014 release.

It's pretty vague but if anything it'll get delayed.
  • Motherfunster, I thought it was spring/summer 2014. 
    Well that's a kick in the bollocks.
  • I feel bad reading a lot of these next gen threads. because of my circumstances, any delays make me feel better, as I'll be missing out if it all comes out too quickly. Loving the look of this, Titanfall and Destiny, and keen to nab one of the new consoles, but need time to get some cash in the bank and life with baby and new work under the belt.

Apologies to all of you who are ready and waiting.

In fairness though, I think the three titles I've mentioned really will need as much time as possible. A quick release could lead to a semi-Aliens: Colonial Marines situation.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • New info from Eurogamer.

"Massive isn't quite as keen as Bungie to disguise The Division's roots, however, billing it as an "online open-world RPG". "This is as online as it gets," said Mannerfelt, who at one point corrected himself after using the word "solo", keen to efface any suggestion that you might play The Division offline (you can't) or on your own. "Big servers, completely dedicated servers, we handle lots of users simultaneously." And although it presents itself as a blockbuster action game, with a lot of taking cover and shooting from behind ruined cars, Mannerfelt and Cederström were straining at the leash to proclaim The Division a dyed-in-the-wool role-playing game."

"The most interesting concept in The Division is "dark zones". These are contaminated areas of New York where power and food are in short supply and lawlessness is at its worst. They're also the PVP zones of the game, where players are free to attack each other; you're always safe from player attack outside them. The missions you can undertake in the dark zones offer the best loot in the game, but it has to be extracted and decontaminated before you can use it fully - and the flare you have to send up for an extraction flags you to other players, who have 90 seconds to attack your position and claim the loot from you."

"Oddly, something else the pair teased me about was the potential use of Xbox One's cloud computing capabilities. Most third-party developers I spoke to at E3 had no plans to make use of this, and I assumed this would go double for Massive who will be running their own servers for The Division in any event. But Mannerfelt smiled knowingly and said: "We might have some surprises in store." "

"In the demonstration, a player using a tablet was shown flying a drone in support of the group of console players on the ground, observing them from above in real time. The drone can attack enemies with missiles as well as performing useful support roles such as healing, marking and debuffing targets. According to Cederström, it has its own progression path and upgrades, and can be played separately from console groups; it'll work anywhere with internet access (though "on the bus or the train", as he suggested, will probably only work if you live in a country with a networking infrastructure like Sweden's)."

"Massive claims that no decision has been made on how the game will be sold - in boxes, free-to-play, supported by micro-transactions or a subscription - though in the current climate, subscription at least seems unlikely."
  • And now I wish they had not shown this at E3 at all...
    Division to release at the end of 2014

• that's your next gen tech right there

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • This game is my next gen great white hope. 
    Though i am warning peeps  in advance that I will be shooting car windscreens endlessly and I will be of no use at all to the team
  • Let's just hope that Ubisoft comes up with some next gen net code to go with it!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Good link there, G.  The video I'd seen before was shite quality.  This does look great.  Fingers crossed.
  • This is such a pathetic critique but my only issue I have seen so far is that the bullets holes in both the plywood and the glass aren't quite right.
    It's like they are shooting needles into the glass.  You'd actually get about 4 bullets into one rough area then big cobs of glass would fall out as the structure failed. Same with the wood.
    The headlights and mirrors would catastrophically fail after a shot or two. 
    I should know I'm scouse.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Looks pretty accurate to me. You can shoot a shitload of 5.56mm into a plywood target and it holds strong. I'm talking hundreds of rounds here. You do literally just punch tiny holes in it.

Edit: if anything I would say the holes are too big.
  • That Snowdrop stuff looks immense. I cannot see how any of that could be replicated on PS3 or 360.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Lovely as it looks unless the game itself utilises it what difference does it make?
  • You kind of hope that in snow your feet would gain traction easily, but on ice you'd slip over unless you took things slowly.
    Other than that, yeah, proper game applications for the tech seem remote at best.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Looks pretty accurate to me. You can shoot a shitload of 5.56mm into a plywood target and it holds strong. I'm talking hundreds of rounds here. You do literally just punch tiny holes in it. Edit: if anything I would say the holes are too big.

Really!?

I suppose you would know after all. 
    .22 makes more impressive holes.
    .38 even more so but then that is much bigger.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Probably something to do with the velocity of 5.56 being much higher, also the actual .22 bullet is larger than a 5.56 (if my maths are right), and also blunter, so more of its energy will be transferred to the target on impact, as opposed to a few inches in like an assault rifle bullet.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    .22s are well weak. I remember being on a firing range once and having to keep reminding myself that, as much as this thing felt little stronger than an air rifle, it really could kill someone so I shouldn't fuck around with it.

This is not to say anything about its efficacy or otherwise at knocking holes in plywood, BTW.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Hippy shoots guns shocker.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!