Cricket Thread - Crickets (Tests, ODI, T20)
‹ Previous1234567139
  • tdXCUHC.jpg

As the old saying goes, "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world." Unfortunately, Australia have no such player unless David Warner is an Englishman in disguise.

Current Test Squads

England
    James Anderson (Lancashire)
    Ian Bell (Warwickshire)
    Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire)
    Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire)
    Alastair Cook (Essex)
    Steven Finn (Middlesex)
    Kevin Pietersen (South Africa)
    Eoin Morgan (Middlesex)
    Matt Prior (Sussex)
    Johnathon Trott
    Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire)
    Australia *Subject to entire team dismissal
    Michael Clarke (NSW)
    Jackson Bird (Tasmania ex NSW)
    Chris Rogers (Retirement)
    Ed Cowan (Tasmania ex NSW)
    James Faulkner (Tasmania)
    Brad Haddin (NSW)
    Ryan Harris (Queensland)
    Phillip Hughes (SA ex NSW)
    Shane Watson (Detention)
    David Warner (Twitter, the pub)
    Matthew Wade (Vic, ex Tasmania)
    Usman Khawaja (NSW ex Pakistan)
    Nathan Lyon (SA ex grounds keeper)
    James Pattinson (Twilight)
    Peter Siddle (NSW)
    Mitchell Starc (NSW)
    BREAKING NEWS

The only South African contingent of the Australian squad (the Coach, Micky Arthur) is believed to have been sacked on June 24. Details TBC.

Tour Dates - England 2013
    Wed 10-14 July - 1st Investec Ashes Test, Trent Bridge
    Thu 18-22 July - 2nd Investec Ashes Test, Lord’s
    Thu 1-5 Aug - 3rd Investec Ashes Test, Old Trafford
    Fri 9-13 Aug - 4th Investec Ashes Test, Emirates Durham ICG
    Wed 21-25 Aug - 5th Investec Ashes Test, Kia Oval

Return Leg - Australia 2013/14

Ashes Series 2013-14
    Thursday 21 - 25 November 2013, Gabba
    Thursday 5 - 9 December 2013, Adelaide Oval
    Friday 13 - 17 December 2013, WACA Ground
    Thursday 26 - 30 December 2013, MCG
    Friday 3 - 7 January 2014, SCG

Controversies:
    See Facebook and Twitter profiles of the following players
    David Warner
    Shane Watson
    More to Come...

And never forget, the trophy they are all playing for

rjyvBz8.jpg
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Boony wouldn't stand for this shit, he'd get hammered then craft 120.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Who the fuck are those people in the aussie squad?

Dangerous lack of Mustache for my liking.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgFlnkaZMfiTCMOKQslRHEgun7QjNiYtidWxvCdAGNkHL1Qp0Ovw
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Darren Lehman for Captain-Coach
    Bring back Katich
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • What's AB doing these days?

Allan-Border.jpg

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    What's AB doing these days?

Locker room renovations :(
  • England are strong favourites here. The only guy who bowled with any threat at the last ashes (Johnson) has been left out. also the coach thinks they have the best bowling attack in the world.

This hubris is probably folly from an England supporter (especially after yesterdy)
  • Pro tip: Ryan Harris, Jackson Bird and Peter Siddle are the Australian side's best bowlers. Faulkner is a matchwinning all rounder (basically saved/won two Australian domestic first class finals off his own efforts).

Players who should be in the test side: Doolan and Bailey (both Tasmanians).

No disputing England's favourite status, even though you lot nearly lost to New Zealand.
  • I remember siddle and Harris from last time and they seem solid but a bit workmanlike. We'll see what the other two were like.

I mentioned Mitch' cause even though he bowled here and there (and everywhere!) he did destroy us on the springboard pitch in Brisbane.
  • Jackson Bird is very much of the McGrath school of play. I'll be very interested to see the esteem the English hold him in after these two series, if he follows on from his good form in his debut series this past Australian summer.

Mitch is a loose cannon. As a batsman he is just as capable of hitting a ton in a single session as he is likely to hit the same mark in his bowling figures, courtesy of many boundaries in both. When he is on fire he can win a match, when he is not he can lose one. Big, big gamble.

Siddle is currently our best batsman and bowler.
  • Australia have sacked their coach.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Already in the OP - too slow!
  • Just like at Motorstorn, eh? ;)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Facewon wrote:
    Who the fuck are those people in the aussie squad?

Also thinking the same.
  • Dont worry, thats our reaction each time a new player is selected too.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    When's Mark Waugh getting another go then?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Weird situation in cricket where you have an objective panel to select players rather than the captain who dictates tactics on field.
  • What do the English people do? AFAIK Australia has always had a board of selectors, but the coach and captain have a say as part of that.

I dunno, Australian team management is all sorts of weird at the moment. The best thing they could have done is get in a headkicker who never followed unqualified authority in the past and let them set the tone - ie Boof. About the only superior options would be Steve Waugh or Mark Taylor.
  • I thought this was a fucking Half Life 3 thread.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Vela wrote:
    What do the English people do?

If I remember rightly, there are the selectors who select a squad, and then the Coach and Captain pick the starting XI.
  • three1ne wrote:
    I thought this was a fucking Half Life 3 thread.

Dont worry, that will be out before Australia reclaim the Ashes :(
  • Vela wrote:
    What do the English people do?
    If I remember rightly, there are the selectors who select a squad, and then the Coach and Captain pick the starting XI.

Yup. There's a Chairman of Selectors and his 3 helpers who pick a squad. The captain and coach then pick the 11 and 4 substitute fielders.
  • If Geoff Miller still Chairman?
  • 4 Days to go! Clarke in form. Bird in form. Bye England. Bye!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don't care about cricketball, but I do fully endorse any and all national rivalries between the UK and Australia.

Australian cricketballers suck at cricketballing because they're Australian.

Pow!
  • First we need to beat them at rugby.
  • League or Union?
  • Ideally both but give me union for now.
  • I hope David Warner plays, he's a throwback to the good old days of Australian's on tour, all binge-drinking and brawling. A man who flattens empty cans of Castlemaine XXXX into his forehead before having a rumble in the hotel lobby on the eve of a test match. Pity he's a shit player. I like his attitude though.

The rest of the Aussie squad just seem so tame, Brad Haddin's got a bit of spark but aside from that they're an unintimidating bunch. Shane Watson's more bothered about his hair than the game.

Does Richie Benaud travel over for the Ashes thesedays? He's the don of TV commentary and we don't get to hear him over here anymore. At least we get to see the waxwork version of Shane Warne in the studio, always good for a laugh.

Prediction: 3-1 England
  • He said he was free to air only I think so he quit ashes commentary here as soon as sky got the cricket.
‹ Previous1234567139

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!