Gran Turismo 6 Released December 6: OP Updated
  • Early build maybe and they've taken a risk constantly updating the last version. It was always going to be tough to wow people.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Like they've been doing since the first Forza ?

Er, yes... I think.  
    Could've been a challenge to Forza 4 tis all.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Still could be. 1gb demo is not really a fair comparison.

Turn 10 have done nothing to move the genre on AT ALL in 3 sequels.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • It's not a demo, there was an Academy out before GT5 too and I remember thinking that was pretty crap. Certainly nowhere near as good as the actual game.
  • It's not a full game. It is a demo with a fancy title. It's not fair to compare it go Forza 4.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I'm feeling quite different. Can't really remember the racing or AI; not particularly interested it's been fairly shit in most every racer I've played but sweet jesus.. the Silverstone time trials just feels great! 
    Setting everything off, get rid of the feckin' map, get the incar view sorted and ABS to 1 makes even the 370 feel like a big ol' brute and the GTR is a whole heap of wild madness on top of that!
    Getting round the whole lap in the 370 took a good 30/40mins of teeth gnashing pain but hugely satisfying to even see a top 20,000ish time pop at the end is fantastic. I then went back to the first time trail to bash out a silver and instantly realised I could shag a good few seconds of the start of the full lap. Doh!
    Only managed to get a bronze so far on the next set with the GTR as it is a far different machine and I need to sleep. 

I've no relative point of reference as I haven't really been hammering a driver recently but it looks as good / a bit better than GT5 from memory (as you'd expect...) but seems to have few frame rate issues at the minute. 

Screw it, I'll stick in a pre order and then see how the DriveClubs and Forzas review to see whether to keep it. 
    Loving it so far.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I do hope the AI on show here isn't the finished article, otherwise it'll make for a seriously boring career mode, once again......and the sounds :(  

The actual driving itself is great fun as ever. I'll settle for my full Silverstone lap silver for now, looking forward to trying to find that 2 seconds for the gold.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Yip. Rattling it round for a bronze was laughably shite at many points. I could see how you could waste days nailing a decent lap. As a TT/decent MP lobby racer I can see this being fine.. the single player grind-a-thon may well put it out to pasture yet I guess?
  • Well I played it for about an hour last night, enough to unlock all the Silverstone stuff, but not looked at the bonus unlocked time trials after that

I was dreading the Leaf Races as the slower cars in GT5 had really become to feel boring as fook. but with the extra dynamism that there seems to be on the camera (due to the suspension, perhaps) and braking being a bit more squirelly due to the pressure curve on the pedals feeling more sensitive It was actually fun, depsite the AI being dog slow (presumably to ease people in)

The lighting at times is fantastic, Silverstone feels like it's lacking in some detail, presumably to keep the framerate up before they've had a chance to do any really in depth optimisation of the engine.

The UI work, although not at all representative of what will appear in GT6 is a lot nicer than GT5, which did grow on me, but when you select an event and it suddenly switches the music as it goes to the loading screen is rather jarring
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    There does seem to be some natty lighting going on through the in cockpit views at Silverstone too. Shadows seem to be less jaggy but a touch dodgy every once in a while; better. 
    Have now managed to get a top 10thou time and .2 off a bronze on the final TT in the GTR. Liking it  lot so far and will be trying to dial down some of the times. I can't see myself progressing to the regional finals just yet mind... 

Silver/Bronzes across the board so plenty to get done.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Well I played it for about an hour last night, enough to unlock all the Silverstone stuff, but not looked at the bonus unlocked time trials after that I was dreading the Leaf Races as the slower cars in GT5 had really become to feel boring as fook. but with the extra dynamism that there seems to be on the camera (due to the suspension, perhaps) and braking being a bit more squirelly due to the pressure curve on the pedals feeling more sensitive It was actually fun, depsite the AI being dog slow (presumably to ease people in) The lighting at times is fantastic, Silverstone feels like it's lacking in some detail, presumably to keep the framerate up before they've had a chance to do any really in depth optimisation of the engine. The UI work, although not at all representative of what will appear in GT6 is a lot nicer than GT5, which did grow on me, but when you select an event and it suddenly switches the music as it goes to the loading screen is rather jarring
    dammit I missed your stream! You doing another one soon?
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • i accept the challenge to download this and try to set the worst time even with ABS and TC enabled.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Despite going into this with high hopes I can't now see myself winning the whole thing and becoming a racing driver.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    nor me, Ive given up on my quest to gold everything.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    RetroGam3r wrote:
    nor me, Ive given up on my quest to gold everything.
    Is it that hard?
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    for me it is, I just cant get to grips (pun intended) with the car and find it plays like im driving on ice. For the amount of effort it takes I cant be arsed
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    RetroGam3r wrote:
    for me it is, I just cant get to grips (pun intended) with the car and find it plays like im driving on ice. For the amount of effort it takes I cant be arsed
    I must say that sometimes on some of these games I do wonder where people are finding the grip?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I tried the always daft 'repeat the global no 1 ghost time' thing today on the final available tt. 
    He's a Japanese dude and I think the pedal and wheel setup show in that he can maintain higher speeds and resolves far more corrections than I can with a pad. 
    Locking up on late braking can destroy any attempt at a decent time and since it's Silverstone you've got a good few high speed, heavy braking moments that are vital to quick laps. Might have a look at  a few lower down the grid and see if they're a bit more smooth. 
    I did manage to shag about a second off the time and get back into the top 10 thou with his more aggressive stance though. Still a Bronze of course! Heh
  • How far are you off silver isanbard? took me a fair few tries to get it.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    How do I get my ghost back?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    How far are you off silver isanbard? took me a fair few tries to get it.

Got a 2.32.411 at the minute on the 370Z Final TT but that is laughably bad almost everywhere. Silver's a 2.27.5 so about 5 secs out from a silver... as ever it's the speed held through Stowe and Luffield (is it the other one??) that seem the real killers for me. The margins on getting the entry are so fine seemingly that I have to tend to bail and drop it slower.. which then makes it harder to get round... etc.. 

Need bigger balls.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    funk it time i tried full course.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Moto70 wrote:
    How do I get my ghost back?

Up on the d-pad.
  • isanbard wrote:
    indigo wrote:
    Got a 2.32.411 at the minute on the 370Z Final TT but that is laughably bad almost everywhere. Silver's a 2.27.5 so about 5 secs out from a silver... as ever it's the speed held through Stowe and Luffield (is it the other one??) that seem the real killers for me. The margins on getting the entry are so fine seemingly that I have to tend to bail and drop it slower.. which then makes it harder to get round... etc..  Need bigger balls.

Maybe try increasing your steering sensitivity in the driver options. I put mine up to 2 and it helped improve my cornering.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I need a wheel!

• isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    isanbard wrote:
    indigo wrote:
    Got a 2.32.411 at the minute Blah Blah Blah etc Need bigger balls.
    Maybe try increasing your steering sensitivity in the driver options. I put mine up to 2 and it helped improve my cornering.

Increase sensitivity eh? Hmm. .. Worth a shot for sure. Ta!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    It's not a full game. It is a demo with a fancy title. It's not fair to compare it to Forza 4.
    ...and especially when the handling on this demo is pretty sorted.

Even if I have a PS4 sat on my shelf when this comes out I will still be getting this, PD have done a good job so credit should be given where credit is due.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    im 3rd on the trial here, but i declare 1st place as skondo and indigo have tc on (5 and 1).
    im 1st on the other trials too....just.

i know i can go faster just cant get 1 part of where it snakes to hold right (ie holding accelerate just enough to keep it at a certain speed) im either to fast and invalidate my lap or too slow and lose some of the time iv gained.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    It's not a full game. It is a demo with a fancy title. It's not fair to compare it to Forza 4.
    ...and especially when the handling on this demo is pretty sorted. Even if I have a PS4 sat on my shelf when this comes out I will still be getting this, PD have done a good job so credit should be given where credit is due.

i were gonna give it a miss this time but if theres a few of us getting it il be in.
    loved all the online stuff round here and the tt's.

also seattle and the other tracks not in gt5 are supposedly back for this.

• Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    ...and especially when the handling on this demo is pretty sorted. Even if I have a PS4 sat on my shelf when this comes out I will still be getting this, PD have done a good job so credit should be given where credit is due.
    i were gonna give it a miss this time but if theres a few of us getting it il be in. loved all the online stuff round here and the tt's. also Seattle and the other tracks not in gt5 are supposedly back for this.
    I hated Special Stage Route 5, Special Stage Route 7 and Tokyo R246 so I would be glad to see the back of them but more tracks along the lines of Circuito de Madrid, London and Rome would be especially welcome.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!