Mobile Gaming (iOS/Android/Other)
  • pabloamigo wrote:
    Jimmy, I have this. Think I'm mrpabloamigo on Game Centre(sic)

added
  • I just got Zen. Love it on XBLA and it seems like a great port. I could never settle on my preferred view but it's perfect on the ipad.

My name is Ruomra on Game center and Open feint. Gimme some names to add!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm not sure what my Game Centre name is, saying that I don't really play that many games on my iPad. I tend to have one quick go and then don't bother with them again, very few of the ones I buy end up being played that much.

What is strange is that I hesitate over buying anything £1.99 and over but will happily give XBLA £10 of my money without a moments hesitation, weird...
  • There's a new Kairosoft game out - I'll buy it, no questions, but it seems like a mix between the Space star trek type one they just did and a trad RPG, where you run an RPG village and heroes and NPCs come to visit or something?

http://toucharcade.com/2012/06/04/kairosoft-releases-new-sim-dungeon-village/

http://itunes.apple.com/app/dungeon-village/id530445196?mt=8

GzKU2MerOFM8d2QGvFlrdM-temp-upload.ixziqegq.320x480-75.jpg
    GzKU2MerOFM8d2QGvFlrdM-temp-upload.urjeaceg.320x480-75.jpg
  • Scout wrote:
    I just got Zen. Love it on XBLA and it seems like a great port. I could never settle on my preferred view but it's perfect on the ipad. My name is Ruomra on Game center and Open feint. Gimme some names to add!

Have tried to add you but I keep getting an openfeint error.   Try adding jimmythelips
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Just out of curiosity which iPad users here use the 2 thumb split keyboard?

It doesn't work too well on this forum as the text appears under the keyboard...
  • Scout wrote:
    I just got Zen. Love it on XBLA and it seems like a great port. I could never settle on my preferred view but it's perfect on the ipad. My name is Ruomra on Game center and Open feint. Gimme some names to add!
    Have tried to add you but I keep getting an openfeint error.   Try adding jimmythelips
    Ok, will do.
  • I prefer playing Zen Pinball in landscape mode but I still mess about with the camera from time to time. I think View 5 is my favourite. Will add you to Game Center. My tag is Kilted Moose.
  • pabloamigo wrote:
    Jimmy, I have this. Think I'm mrpabloamigo on Game Centre(sic)

added

Add me.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Really should get a game center name list in the op, huh.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Just out of curiosity which iPad users here use the 2 thumb split keyboard? It doesn't work too well on this forum as the text appears under the keyboard...

Me and the wife had a running battle with this for about a week. I lost. So it's normal keyboard for us.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    Just out of curiosity which iPad users here use the 2 thumb split keyboard? It doesn't work too well on this forum as the text appears under the keyboard...
    Me and the wife had a running battle with this for about a week. I lost. So it's normal keyboard for us.

Normal one for me too.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I vary between the 2, I prefer normal when I can but sometimes it's not really viable. Talking of the keyboard I saw a video where somebody shows a system they've developed for moving the cursor, selecting and highlighting text etc, I really hope Apple implement something similar...
  • If I upgrade a free version of a game to paid version on my iPad, I should be able to play full version on iPhone too, right? Or does that depend on the game/developer?

I paid the 69p to unlock Gauge on my iPad, but can't seem to get the full version on my iPhone, it wants me to pay 69p again. Help?
  • depends, its a bit annoying that.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    If I upgrade a free version of a game to paid version on my iPad, I should be able to play full version on iPhone too, right? Or does that depend on the game/developer? I paid the 69p to unlock Gauge on my iPad, but can't seem to get the full version on my iPhone, it wants me to pay 69p again. Help?

I think it depends on the app. I downloaded NSS on my phone and bought the career mode. On the iPad it didn't appear to have registered until I went to buy it again (as it was only 69p it wasn't a big issue), I then got a message saying I'd already bought it, so it unlocked.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I think that Gauge won't work across devices, from what I could gather when I wasted 69p on it was that the app itself is free but the full game unlock is actually an in-app purchase and don't these only work on the device it was purchased on?

I really hope I'm wrong on this...
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    If I upgrade a free version of a game to paid version on my iPad, I should be able to play full version on iPhone too, right? Or does that depend on the game/developer? I paid the 69p to unlock Gauge on my iPad, but can't seem to get the full version on my iPhone, it wants me to pay 69p again. Help?
    I think it depends on the app. I downloaded NSS on my phone and bought the career mode. On the iPad it didn't appear to have registered until I went to buy it again (as it was only 69p it wasn't a big issue), I then got a message saying I'd already bought it, so it unlocked.

It's most likely Gauge will work the same way.
    Best thing is to take a risk and go for it. What's 69p eh?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    It's most likely Gauge will work the same way. Best thing is to take a risk and go for it. What's 69p eh?

That's what I thought and was pleasantly surprised. FYI, the career mode in nss that I mentioned above is an in-app purchase too.
  • Thanks guys. Clearly Permian doesn't like Gauge! But I don't think its too bad. A bit too simple, maybe, but I like simple score chasing games. Ziggurat is the dog's proverbials.

EDIT: just tried it, worked. Free download.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    So in-app purchases carry across devices?

...and no, I didn't like Gauge. I just can't see what the fuss is about which I realise is something that can be thrown at pretty much every game ever made!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Here is that video I was on about regarding the keyboard, try and ignore the 8-bit 'choon playing in the background...

• So, does anyone else have Worms 2: Armageddon?
    Would be nice to play against someone.

Also, someone else get on Hero Academy! Would love to have more games going on it.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Zombie Gunship is currently FREE...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    So, does anyone else have Worms 2: Armageddon? Would be nice to play against someone. Also, someone else get on Hero Academy! Would love to have more games going on it.

Yep, bought the other day. I didn't realise you could play online.
  • Wonder if it's game centre or invite based?
    Can't remember my game centre ID
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Wonder if it's game centre or invite based? Can't remember my game centre ID
    I'm FranticPea.

If you do it in game you name the session, then the other player searches for it.
  • Ahh. Ok. I'll have a look later.
    Anyone else? Pretty sure 4 player matches are supported.
  • I've got Hero Academy, haven't actually played it yet though, may give it a try later.
  • Hmm. Think Team 17 are missing a trick here. A game can be set up over wifi, but it has to be played then and there. 
    If they ran it as a turn by turn thing like Words, and Hero Academy then I reckon more people'd play.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!