Cricket Thread - Crickets (Tests, ODI, T20)
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I hate to say it, but that's a shame.
  • Truely a shame, i doff my cap to Agar and Hughes a great innings by them.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Best debut Ive seen. Shame he missed the 100 but absolutely nothing to be disappointed about.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Took a more than handy catch to get him out.  Glory of 100 aside, 2 extra runs won't make much difference either way.  Took England's bowlers a hell of a long time to figure out the short ball was the way to go.

We're on now.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    He was very casual about it all.  Super knock from Hughes too.  163 partnership was?  What a save.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Great effort.
  • I did not expect this when I left for Manchester a while ago. Was feeling rather smug at 129 -9.
  • Yep. That's just a bit of trivia in the end. What really matters is that he has saved the match for Australia. Who knows what the context of that innings will be when the series is done an dusted.

Hughes, Smith and Agar can hold their heads high. Everyone else though should be on notice.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Clarke was done with a fairly amazing nut so I'm not prepared to knock him yet, but the rest can get tae.
  • Fair enough, but as a team effort it was a really selfish performance yet again. These collapses are all too common, and often the end scoresheets are heavily imbalanced. One or two decent starts and lots of single digit scores.
  • siddle top scored in both innings in theast match v India? Australia need to re think their batting order!
  • Slow start to England's 2nd innings. Be interesting how they sit at tea.

edit: 11-1!!!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Oh dear, was there an edge or not?  He walked either way and we were denied one earlier so all's well.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Ho shit, surely edged or that is gone.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Nup, edged.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Fucking hell, barely.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    No he's called it!  WAT STARC ON A TRICK
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    The slomo surely shows an edge, ever so slight.
  • Looks like an edge but no hotspot angle on it?

Amazing consequences.
  • Ooh, side-on hotspot is experiencing technical issues according to Michael Holding.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    No side view for some reason, presumably obscured by the pad.  That one frame between bat and pad looked to show a deviation but no side view hotspot muddies things somewhat.  11-2!  Beautiful delivery from Starc, straightened verrry nicely.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Ah. Right.
  • Missed the entire day up til now. Dear oh dear what a shambles.

I blame Beefy.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    So do I.
  • I blame Mike Gatting's reverse sweep.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Agar boosted morale through the roof and Starc has followed suit.  10-0 eh.
  • This is a strange test match. Going to be a 3 day result by the looks of it.
  • Having watched the highlights, Trott's nicked it and Agar should've been stumped.
  • Conversely Root could have been given out LBW today and Rogers not out yesterday. I'd say it all evens out.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Agar stumping was not clear enough.  The dark lower part of the toe of his boot blends with the shadow and it's impossible to tell where one ends and the other begins.  Benefit of the doubt, right call.  Trott was stiff.  Starc should have had an LBW earlier but was knocked back.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!