The 3DS Thread
‹ Previous1234567454
  • IMPORTANT UPDATE:
    With the announcement of the 3DS XL alot of people are asking questions about transferring data from one 3DS to another. Alot of that information is here - http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/data_transfer.jsp

Friend Codes:
    Feel free to post your 3DS friend code and i'll update the list.
    If you aren't on the list then post here and i'll add you;

mk64 - Tom - 3308-4584-1073
    rickj - 1118-1085-9308
    Elmlea - 3265-5213-9206
    regmcfly - 2234-7232-9528
    ayns - 2105-8748-8084
    Blue Swirl - 0602-6557-8477
    MalOwner -0645-5742-2145
    optimark_prime - Marky - 1848-1651-3645
    Blaireau - 4596-9969-8504
    Pandajimmy - 2809-8024-1882
    EvilRedEye - 1590-4867-7427
    b0ris - 5327 - 2209 - 8260
    Nina - 4296 - 4234 - 0289
    Workid - 4725-9249-6970
    scout - 1418 - 7908 - 3092
    Barren_sky - 1719-4466-8494
    Speedhaak - 0173-2593-6361
    Hodgepodge - 0001-3575-4341
    mrsmr2 - 2981-5706-4054 
    Birdorf - 4382-3173-0928
    SLEdge - 4398-9256-7611
    Tempy - 2793-1832-4451 
    MattyJ - 4313-0452-3409
    Sas - 3926-4952-0699
    Kollarn - 2578-4328-8315
    MinkyMu - 1650-1725-7090
    Retroking1981 - 4210-3980-2083
    woodimari - 0275-7830-6131
    revelthedog - 0146-8922-2426
    Isanbard - 0361-6861-4525
    darkglobe - 1891 1149 0016
    SpaceGazelle - 2449-5820-0894
    AndCallMeCharlie - 2878-9640-1728
    Olimite - 5412-9888-7871
    ShabbyMcCrabby - 3136-6620-1825
    RetroGamr - 1392-5016-6947
    dogfingers - 4038-6383-6798
    Skondo - 5215-2418-6654
    AJ - 2809-8903-8852
    Cosby - 4871-4747-6383
    tigerswiftly - 4012-4918-3847
    Funkstain - 1349-6032-3423
    LarryDavid - 0104-1286-0259
    Vela / Bob - 3652 0550 7878
    cindemon - 3437-3233-9772
    wonderbanana - 0963-2393-0168
    krs - 1435-6801-3191
    kow - 0447-8377-1516

[b]The Street Pass Games Are:[/b]

[b]Current Puzzle Panels[/b]

[b]Name [/b]

Metroid: Other M
    Mario & Bowser  
    The Legend of Zelda  
    Super Mario Galaxy 2  
    Kirby 
    Pikmin
    New Super Mario Bros Wii 
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D  
    Star Fox 64 3D 
    Super Mario 3D Land 
    Mario Kart 7 
    Rhythm Heaven Fever
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Pilotwings Resort 
    Kid Icarus: Uprising 
    Mario Tennis Open
    Fire Emblem: Awakening
    Kirby's 20th Anniversary
    Luigi Mansion 2
    Super Mario Bros 2
    Kirby's Adventure Wii
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger
    Heroines
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros
    Pokemon X & Y

[b]REMEMBER!![/b]
    Additional Blue pieces can be collected via StreetPass or purchased for 2 PlayCoins. Purchased pieces are generated at random.
    Additional Pink pieces can only be obtained via StreetPass. As of August 2013 you can now access Street Pass Relay. This means that when you pass a nintendo zone hotspot it will save your mii to streetpass in the future. Then the next person who passes it will get your mii. This works for you too so you will get the street pass from the last person who visited the Mc Donalds/Starbucks etc. You can see where they hotspots are on the nintendo uk website. 

[b]Street Pass Quest[/b] - which is the main way to get cool hats for your mii

The two main resources for getting hats for street pass 1 and 2 are:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/625899-streetpass-mii-plaza/wiki/3-2-hats
    ^ This link will give you the list of Hats and where you can find them
    http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=251604&rid=219212
    ^ This link will give you the MAP which corresponds to the naming convention in gamefaqs.

So go to the gamefaqs link, grab the hat and the room you need to go to then go to the neoseeker link and search the room name. You'll get the room number then you can look up on the map to the route you need to take to get to it. Some hats need multiple finishes to get them.

If you can't get past a shield (yellow is tricky as not many people have yellow) then use red or dark blue magic. Common question so adding it here. 

[b]StreetPass Squad[/b]

This is paid content and is a game like R-type. You shoot enemies and strengthen your ship by collecting Street Passes. The colour of the mii determines the weapon you get. Its fun, has a great learning curve and probably the best of the paid dlc. 

[b]StreetPass Garden[/b]

I thought this was crap when I first got it but there actually quite alot to do in the game. Its also one of the paid DLC games which you will always get something good when you get a streetpass. You will either get a seed or growth so you never waste hits. Thats good. Its also got an artistic side in the way you construct your gardens when you have enough cash from growing flowers and plants. 

[b]StreetPass Battle[/b]

This is a decent paid DLC game but I dont think it warrants buying individually. You, as king, take on other monarchs with your army. Your army grows by streetpassing and inheriting their army size (how many hits they've had to date) however its not quite so simple as if they have a huge army you can only fight or hope they will give you some soilders. It can be the case that you get 8 sp hits who have about 10 people in their army each. Thats not gonna help when you need an army of 26k :D however you can use coins effectively in the game to build your army. Its pretty simplistic. 

[b]Streetpass Mansion[/b]
    My second favourite game of the paid DLC. Its a RPG type game where you get pieces from each Streetpass you get. The pieces go together like a puzzle and then you fight ghosts. You level up etc and there are 30 levels. Its quite a monster of a game, probably will take you the longest to complete. Not easy and alot of figuring things out yourself.

[url=http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-3DS/Download-Content/Hotspot-Finder/Hotspot-Finder-116574.html]http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-3DS/Download-Content/Hotspot-Finder/Hotspot-Finder-116574.html[/url]
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • 1118-1085-9308  - rickj
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    mk, I would be tempted to start the friend code list afresh as the OP for the Edge thread was pretty badly out of date. I added all the codes a while ago but a lot of them turned out to be deadwood.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • mk, I would be tempted to start the friend code list afresh as the OP for the Edge thread was pretty badly out of date. I added all the codes a while ago but a lot of them turned out to be deadwood.

good point. Taken everyone off, added Rick. If you still play your 3DS and want to get involved then post your FC in this thread.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Mine's in my signature!
  • Got alot of streetpass hits on Saturday which means i'm getting near completing most of the puzzles.

• Friends code is in my signature (I was gideon bible on the old place).

After last week's system update there is now the possibility to connect to the Nintendo Zone free wifi hotspots dotted around the country at participating retail outlets. I had the chance to test it out in the car park of possibly the filthiest Little Chef on the A303 at the weekend. I got a nice new icon on the screen when the connection was detected but nothing much else. The connection then dropped but I wasn't going to get any closer as I had already risked shortening my life by venturing into the restaurant to use their toilets. Has anyone else tried connecting to one?

Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • yeah I had one at Heathrow T5 last Monday. Got the same as you. Not altogether useful yet but hopefully it'll pick up over time. Also think they've got it at Waterloo station too as I was sat on the train and when I opened it up I had a banner on the bottom of the bottom screen saying It was available to use. I hope this doesn't impact my battery life..
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Right, chaps, I am 2234-7232-9528
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    AND I'M NOW PALS WITH RICK
  • ABOUT TO THE FUCKING TIME IT IS!
  • In the sig - have a fair few of you already.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    My code is in my sig,  too.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Holding out till post E3 to buy one of these, just in case they announce a hardware revision.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • if you have the ambassador program, play fire emblem, its my 2nd most played game now after mk7 and rapidly catching up. By the time I work out how to beat level 20-21 of it (i'm on the hardest setting), it'll be top for sure.

Its really warming me up for the new one.

Anyone know when Luigi's mansion 2 drops?

• I'm only keeping mine for Animal Crossing which is out sometime in August I think. Will obviously be up for some town visiting when that day arrives, but right now my 3DS is gathering dust. DUST!
  • zmm, dust? Seriously, its got one of the strongest line ups for quality games atm..

This is also exciting. http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/37789/animal-crossing-3ds-richer-than-its-predecessors-iwata/

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm so pumped for Animal Crossing. It's gonna be AMAZING.
  • I know, i'm actually rushing to finish my current games so that I can dedicate my time to it. Its going to suit streetpass so well!

• Yeah, this will be my first chance to play an animal crossing game when it's still alive, as I played all the others long after they fell out of favour.

If anyone is looking for a fun little painting program, I'd recommend Colors 3D on the eshop. Pretty versatile and you're able to make 3d drawings on 5 planes.
  • Right, 3DS soon for me. Recommend me 3 games to get.

MK7, Mario, and.......?
  • Kid Icarus gets lots of love around here. SFIV and Ridge Racer are going pretty cheap these days. Pilotwings is good but only if you can get it for a low price. 

Ocarina - if you're into that.

PES is crap, don't buy that.
  • Yeah, I quite like Ocarina....... ;)

Played it a lot though - is it worth another playthrough?

Any decent downloady games - having skipped the DSi I must have missed something decent, right?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Ridge Racer is decent if you want something cheap to bulk out your collection. You're looking at Kid Icarus if you want another really good original 3DS game to go with the other two.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    WorKid said:

Any decent downloady games - having skipped the DSi I must have missed something decent, right?

Pullblox is ace. You can get puzzles in this thread.
  • Pullblox.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Coolio, thanks all.  Am really looking at 30-minute blast-type games.
  • Crush3D is pretty good too, it's only £13 in Game at the moment.

Starfox 64 3D, MGS3, Dead or Alive: Dimensions are worth considering.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • My advice is to YouTube anything you plan to download as it can be a bit hit and miss.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, I'm pumped for Animal Crossing... 
‹ Previous1234567454

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!