Pro Wrestling
  • mk64 wrote:
    Tag teams used to be great. Legion of doom, nasty boys, bushwhackers etc. proper characters.

To be fair, The Bushwhackers and the Nasty Boys were absolutely dreadful. LOD were over (as the Road Warriors more so) but they do were a completely one dimensional team. I loved the tag division in the early 2000's, Hardy's, Edge and Christian, Dudleys, Angle and Benoit, Los Guerreros and The Worlds Greatest Tag Team.
  • I liked the Sargent slaughter trio. Axe, crush and smash were good fun too.

Did mdm and Virgil ever team up?

Just seems like no one mentions new teams anymore. I can name some wrestlers today like brick and cena but I couldn't name a sine team.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • There were some on the last page, and I'll throw in the Prime Time Players. Until recently we had the Rhodes Scholors as well.
  • No idea never heard of them
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • The Kings Of Wrestling (Claudio Castagnoli &  Chris Hero) were a pretty good modern era tag team, they held the ROH tag team championship for 364 days, were champions in Chikara, CZW, JCW, PWG and were voted the 2010 tag team of the year in the Wrestling Observer awards. Claudio is now Antonio Cesaro in WWE, where he sort of teams with Jack Swagger as The Real Americans.
  • Hero is also in developmental with a daaft name
  • Hero is also in developmental with a daaft name

Kassius Ohno. NXT is actually really good, easily the most consistent weekly show.
  • Didn't Kassius Ohno get taken off NXT for his weight? Can't remember where I heard that. Would be a shame as the KOW are probably the best team of the modern era. REally enjoying generico's workon NXT recently.

RAW was excellent again. That is all
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    Didn't Kassius Ohno get taken off NXT for his weight?

Dave Meltzer Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
    There were a lot of rumors regarding Kassius Ohno regarding his physique and that he was scheduled to be brought up to the main roster and now is in trouble because of it. As best we can ascertain, Ohno was taken off television and all the house shows, and they did an injury angle with him, and told that he needed to concentrate all his efforts on his physique. He is scheduled back on shows again at this point.
  • Having looked at a whole bunch of pictures of him on WWE.com... I don't see their issue.
  • Because he ignored what his employers asked him to do?
  • This is also a company that ran the famous 'Piggy' James angle with Mickie James when she fell out with the office and portrays Nattie Neidhart as the ugly one on Total Divas.
  • What did they ask him to do? He isn't fat. He appears to have a boxers physique in fact. If they want him to sport a six pack, I don't see the point.

Yeah, the Piggy James thing was shite, and Nattie is clearly the best looking one on that show. I do not care for her cats though, so she got unfollowed on Twitter.
  • anyone got any links to youtube videos of some good recent matches?
  • Of anyone in particular? And what's your timeframe for recent?
  • Whatever they asked him to do, he didn't do it, that's enough.
  • Someone link to Cena vs Punk from Raw earlier this year, incredible match.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Whatever they asked him to do, he didn't do it, that's enough.

Depends on if what they asked him to do was bollocks or not. Unless he's done a Chris Harris, which their pictures don't seem to indicate, what's the beef? It seems digging into this that they wanted him to do serious weight training. He doesn't need it, so WWE are cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

They praise his in ring work and mic skills, but sack him off because he isn't roid rage? Triple H does remember his feud with Mick Foley right?
  • It seems to verge a little on the ridiculous, last time I saw him I honestly thought he was going for a modern day Bruiser Brody look.

45.jpg

9512799721_d2f715f8cf.jpg
  • He ignored an order from his boss, pretty big no no in any job, isn't it? Bollocks or not.
  • He has a look of a lot of classic wrestlers. Harley Race looks the same, but no one gave a shit because he could go in the ring and talk anyone into a building to watch him do it.
  • Plus he's not around now in development working for Vince and Triple H.
  • Harley Race. I don't agree with this Ohno thing but if he can't follow an order at this point then he's screwed. Does he realise the people he's working for are complete egomaniacs?
  • Oh right. That sentence didn't really follow on. I wasn't referring to Race in anything other than his in ring days to be honest.

I never clicked on the Bruiser Brody thing until now. That's like re-incarnation.
  • Just watched this years rumble.

Ok so wwe fans. Hit me with your top three wrestling facts/stats!!
  • Here you go, Darren Young has come out as openly gay, I wonder how long it'll be until he's given a camp gimmick.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Darren Young has come out as openly gay, I wonder how long it'll be until he's given a camp gimmick.

Probably never if the careers of Pat Patterson or Orlando Jordan are anything to go by.

mk64 wrote:
    Hit me with your top three wrestling facts/stats!!
    The most attended wrestling event was for a show in North Korea put together by Antonio Inoki in which he headlined against Ric Flair in front of 190000 fans.

The highest attendance ever for a WWE show was Summerslam '92 from Wembley Stadium which drew a legitimate live crowd of 80355 people (WWE claims its third behind Wrestlemania III  & 29 but the figures for those shows were ridiculously overinflated).

erm... Bob Mould the legendary Guitarist, Vocalist & Songwriter for Husker Du and Sugar once worked in creative for WCW during its dying days in 1999.
  • Top 3
    Ryback despite attempts to ruin him.
    Big brute with good catchphrases (which for some reason they halted).
    He is a beast!

2. Orton cos he is a great all rounder with a bit of an edge. Could turn heel in a second and be back to favourite again in 1 match.

3. Noone else everyone else is shit right now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!