The Racing Thread of Burnin' Rubber and Being Awesome!
  • I didn't like the DS version.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    I'm still waiting for everyone to buy Midnight Club for peanuts. Could be a great forum game.
    Noticed it's only £15 on Live now. I might just download it.

I've actually been considering deleting my save and playing through again. I loved it.
  • I say nay to Midnight Club and yay to one more hurrah of Burnout Paradise before Most Wanted comes. We can delete our saves and get .jpegs of billboard maps off gamefaqs. Caaam aaaaaaaaaaan.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I say yay to both. I actually never got the island expansion for Paradise. Worth it?
  • From what I remember on PS3, aye, it was boss. Currently in the market for a brand new Ultimate Box on 360.
  • Picked up the new DiRT: Showdown cheap from GAME on Thursday (£32 with £16 for RR:U in p/x).

It's actually really good fun. Plenty of variety in events (If not, in the usual Codemasters way, of enviroments) and they're nearly all great fun (not in the usual Codemasters way). It's also got a great Autolog feature.. well which would be fun if anyone other than one friend had it.

Would also make great friday night fodder with it's figure of 8-cross over tracks and arena events. The one where your trying to push people of a big platfrom and then have to race back up the ramp to get back on again in particular.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'll keep RR:U tyvm.    :)
  • Well up for a Criterion love-in from now until the release of Most Wanted after last night.

As for Ridge, sorry Frantic, I like to kick it old-skool on that front.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    NFS was cracking last night.
  • It was, it is the perfect arcade racer.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Ps3 racing games , what would you beautiful petrolheads recommend?
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Motorstorm Pacific Rift.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Everything on Xbox except Forza, obviously. I couldn't in good conscience point you towards Ferrari Challenge or Gran Turismo.

Thank you sir.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • It's a Sega racer in all but name.
  • As posted in bargains thread, DIRT Showdown, £19.95 at Zavvi. I'm still not moved.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Edit: phone misfired
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Me neither. Have they split the franchise, meaning there will be a rally game? Or are rally events also in Showdown?

If they released a Dirt Rally game i would be all over it.

Fantastic multiplayer game, just a shame no one plays it anymore. Blur is also a great arcade racer, but again it's sadly neglected, partcularly on PS3.

• I don't think they'd be willing to put all their eggs in one basket. They need to include all that Gym crap to flog copies in the US. Showdown sounds like something they can just bang out whilst reusing assets from D3. We can expect filler like this while this gen winds down.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Me neither. Have they split the franchise, meaning there will be a rally game? Or are rally events also in Showdown? If they released a Dirt Rally game i would be all over it.

No idea.

I wasn't all that fussed.. but actually it's really good fun. The handling is better than the last one and all the events are a lot of fun.

Honest. ;)
  • Was playing Blur again recently, such a fantastic game. Single player is great.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I'm having another crack at GT5 and slowly beginning to like it.

It's a game I want to like as there is obvious care and attention, and the new updates are a nice show of commitment. 

However, I hate the crappy framerate and bumper car physics are quite lol-some at times.  Some design decisions are odd.  Why they decided to have real-time shadows play over the dashboard when the game engine is struggling even to display the dashboard view in the first place I have no idea.  The best view for maintaining frame rate is the roof cam as that doesn't have door or rear view mirrors, but the angle is odd when approaching other cars. 

Now that I've admitted defeat and turned the ABS up to 1, the rear wheel drive cars are now driveable and don't suddenly veer to the side under moderate braking.  God only knows what the developers think ABS does.  I'm going to have another go at the Top Gear challenge with the Elise because it might even be able to brake in a straight line now.

There is a delicacy to the steering that has me hooked so I'm going to hold off getting Forza 4 for the time being, even though the Forza game engine is bomb proof.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I prefer GT5 to Forza 4 but on that note I have a question regarding Forza 4’s VIP Membership.

If I buy the VIP Membership does this give me all DLC?

EDIT: I've just read the description and no you don't, I'll give that a miss then...
  • Downloaded Midnight Club: LA from Live, quicker than I thought it would be and it's actually the Complete Edition, which isn't apparent from the store. Doesn't seem readily available for much less either, it's like the future.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Awesome. I didn't delete my save, realised I had quite a few events unplayed. Could have sworn I'd clocked it, but I might be thinking of the South Central DLC.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Was £15 last time I saw it in Game so that's a bargain.
  • I'll order it tomorrow from Zavvi as I have a discount code, should come for the weekend... which weekend I'm not sure.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Cool. I genuinely think it can provide a lot of entertainment with friends. 

We should definatly play more NFS as well.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!